Mystery Surrounds Malibu Creek State Park Shooting Death Of Tristan Beaudette, 35

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Wire154a, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

<modsnip>

I don't think it was a targeted, assassination either. I think it was a more random, impulsive situation. Perhaps an issue he had with someone earlier that evening?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2018
    Kid64, bluesneakers, jash and 12 others like this.

2. Wire154a

Wire154a Former Member

3. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

That poor girl.

4. Steph9676

Steph9676 Well-Known Member

5. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

6. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

He had a woman in his tent? Wow

HayLouise, Hazelnutty and JDG like this.
  7. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

I think the screaming was at the family home, not the tent. Presumably his wife hearing the news.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  8. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

How big is the congregation at the Synagogue?

9. JDG

JDG Websleuther

Wife was cramming for an exam. Possibly to become Board Certified.
    So he took the kids camping, apparently with other family members in separate tents.

Another Jewish Pharmaceutical whiz murdered. (thinking of Barry Sherman)

Tristan was working on vaccines for cancer therapies and autism. MSM

10. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

Maybe a woman scorned?

Elainera likes this.
  11. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

I don't think there's enough information here to theorize. We don't know if the shot was from a great distance or just a few feet. We don't know the position of TB when he was shot, whether he was laying down or had sat up in the tent and turned a light on because he heard noises outside (the light and sitting up or crouching within the tent would provide a silhouette and explain a torso shot).

If there were sounds outside, then did the BIL in the other tent hear anything? A confrontation at that time of morning outside the tent would suggest a greater chance of the BIL being woken up. If there were softer sounds that woke TB and TB didn't exit the tent (and have an argument with someone outside) then the BIL is more likely to sleep through the incident prior to the sound of the shot).

Suicide or an accident with a gun belonging to TB would suggest that the gun would still be in the tent, and that there would be no outer entry hole in the tent. We don't know if there's an entry hole in the tent or not. We don't know if the gun has been found, but if it had been found in the park and could be connected to someone who had a known connection to TB or his family that should point them to a suspect, yet an earlier post said that LE had stated they had no suspects...which seems to point away from anyone in that related group who were camping together.

The reports of other shots in the park over the past 2 years, they seem mostly to be cars being shot at (with the exception of the birdshot incident). I would wonder if there was a single person shooting at cars for fun and if they'd escalated to taking a pot shot at a silhouette in a tent?

TB's wife appears to have kept her maiden name as her surname, possibly causing confusion to reporters over whether or not they were married or divorced. <modsnip> The place, time, circumstances don't really suggest a 'hit' to me with a cause outside of the park.

The Blaze Bernstein connection sounds interesting and I'd want to know more about the circumstances of his death (I didn't follow that case). But if the synagogue has a congregation in the thousands then it's more likely to be a tragic coincidence.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2018
  12. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Some posts were removed or snipped. Please be mindful of the following:

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Also please back up your statements of facts with an MSM link. Please do not bring information here from facebook belonging to the family.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  13. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

Tristian was camping with his brother in law

14. UltraViolet4545

UltraViolet4545 Well-Known Member

This story is just so sad, I have been thinking about it all day. This article quotes the police as saying “the firearm has not been found.” https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...libu-creek-20180625-story.html?outputType=amp

Just my opinion, but I think this is related to the previous shootings at the campground. Perhaps some deranged person who started out firing a little more wildly, but has been getting more and more comfortable & serious about hurting someone. One of the cars that was shot, the woman was sleeping in the car— so it does seem she was an intended victim, rather than just the car itself.

Very scary.

15. nadjatheresa

nadjatheresa Former Member

16. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

History
    Established in 1943.

University Synagogue is a Reform Congregation nestled in Brentwood on historic Sunset Boulevard, neighboring Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades and Westwood. Celebrating over 65 years and serving over 500 member families, University Synagogue is proud of its longstanding commitment to serving the Jewish Community here on the westside of Los Angeles.
    University Synagogue - Brentwood - Los Angeles, CA, United States

17. UltraViolet4545

UltraViolet4545 Well-Known Member

Random thought came to me while brushing my teeth (lol)... I wonder if someone could be using night vision goggles of some sort to see potential victims

Hotmud62, Nancy1954, beth272 and 11 others like this.
  18. Wire154a

Wire154a Former Member

19. PaperDoll

PaperDoll When I'm Silent, I make the most sense

Mystery at Malibu Creek park: Who killed father at campground, and is it connected to other shootings?

Tristan Beaudette was not alone with his kids on the camping trip. He was accompanied by his brother-in-law and his two children, who had their own tent.

Pam Wu, Beaudette’s sister-in-law, said in a Facebook post that her husband, Scott McCurdy, was with their “two little boys” on the camping trip with Beaudette and his children.

Those who responded to the scene were told by campers they believe the shot came from a distance into the camp site, according to sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to comment. Sheriff’s officials declined to describe the specifics of the shooting.

20. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

This is now officially terrifying. My mind is going to the DC sniper type of scenario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.