Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday's early articles mentioned Mrs. Cooper's children but not her husband. The below article says the husband was at home with the children. (Now my hinky meter is up.):confused:

Duncan says she’s known Cooper since Cooper moved to Cary from Canada eight years ago. She said Cooper's husband Brad Cooper was at home with the couple's two young daughters, ages 4 and almost 2.

"It's overwhelming. It's hard to get your head around. Unbelievable really," Cooper's friend Theresa O'Driscoll said. "She's a great person in the community. She's very outgoing, very athletic, very friendly, a lot of people know her, a lot of people have come out just because they recognize her picture."
Police say Cooper's husband was the last person to see her Saturday morning, but do not consider him a suspect.
A ground and air search has turned up a few items, police won't specify what they are, but say none of them led them to Cooper. :confused:

A woman goes on a early morning jog and simply disappears.
She is a seasoned runner and is preparing/practicing to run a marathon.
Her husband is the last person to see her alive.
Some 'items' were found in the park but didn't lead LE to her.

We have some savory characters who loaf around our parks on the weekends.
Makes me wonder if she ran into a drug deal....

Hmmm. I hope this isn't a case of "here we go again". Hopefully she left on a fluke and will come back alive and well. I really hate to play "blame the husband" but I can't help it sometimes. I won't, just yet. Let's see how he reacts with the media attention....

I admit that I am a very suspicious person. So.....where did the story come from of what she was wearing and that Nancy left to go jogging at 7am? Doesn't seem like anyone saw her since another article says searchers don't know really where to search. For all we know she's been missing way before 7am, KWIM?

I know, SuziQ. :(

There are a few Bradley/Brad Cooper's that show up in NC racing results, so he might have been a runner/athlete too. Just some possible extra info.

We all know what LE says isn't necessarily what they really think! So far, anyway, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm feeling extra generous tonight! lol

Please come home safe, Nancy Cooper.

Sometimes I just want to scream! Well, I wonder what her friends know...and think about this?

Her friends want so badly for her to come home ok. You can tell how worried they are on the video.

Remains might be missing soldier

07/14/2008 06:28 AM

By: Associated Press

01wimunc_pic.jpg
Army 2nd Lt. Holley Wimunc has been missing since Thursday

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. -- Onslow County District Attorney Dewey Hudson says burned remains found near Camp Lejeune may be those of a missing officer at Fort Bragg.
Division of Forest Resources personnel found the burned remains of a woman late Sunday afternoon in the Sneads Ferry area near Camp Lejeune. Sheriff Ed Brown says the fire appears to have been set to cover up a crime.

Army 2nd Lt. Holley Wimunc has been missing since Thursday after a fire was set at her apartment in Fayetteville. She is a nurse married to Marine Cpl. John Patrick Wimunc, based at Camp Lejeune. The couple is going through a divorce.

Hudson says the body was burned before the brush fire. Brown says the site was guarded overnight and forensic experts with the FBI would remove the remains Monday.

Fayetteville police questioned Cpl. Wimunc last week.

just abit ago by phone. He sounds extremely worried. He said he was at home with the two kids when she went. No cell phone with her either.

Let's hope they find her unharmed. Maybe she fell and hit her head and became confused? I don't know. I'm pulling at straws hoping for the best.

We all know what LE says isn't necessarily what they really think! So far, anyway, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm feeling extra generous tonight! lol

Please come home safe, Nancy Cooper.

I'm wondering if anyone talked with Nancy on Friday evening and how she seemed at that time.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,381421,00.html

CARY, N.C. — A search was launched on Sunday to find a missing North Carolina woman last seen when she left her home to go running, WRAL.com reported.

Nancy Cooper, 34, reportedly went for a routine jog early Saturday morning, but never returned home to meet friends as planned.
~~~~~~~~

Her husband was interviewed on Fo this morning. He says she left about 6 am to jog, and didn't take a cell phone, wallet or ID with her. He says he was at home with their two daughters.

I hope I am wrong, but I smell a rat. His voice sounded like he was scared and nervous. The young girls would have been still asleep at 6 am. I'm suspicious, but I usually am when a wife suddenly disappears.

I hope I am wrong, but I smell a rat. His voice sounded like he was scared and nervous. The young girls would have been still asleep at 6 am. I'm suspicious, but I usually am when a wife suddenly disappears.

I watched that too and I felt really bad for him. He sounded very sad and lost. One minute you are the typical american family and the next your wife is missing and you are on Fox news talking with the "Anchorbabe".

For the sake of the 2 little daughters, I pray she is found safe and the husband had nothing to do with her vanishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member