Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
did brad only back off from training so many hours due to a warning from his divorce lawyer? did he only start to train less around the time he was trying to memorize his daughters' favorite colors and creatures?

His last exercise logged was for the week ending 2/3/08. I think Nancy's family said she retained an attorney in March.

Did NC's family stay at The Umstead Hotel while in Cary? I think I read they stayed there.
If this happens to be the families taste, then $200 won't go far at Umstead Spa if this is where NC went.

For the record, the correct spelling of the name is Carey Clark. See reference is runner thread.

Hmm.. then Jessica Adam didn't know how to spell it in her affidavit..
Just spelling it the way she did in a sworn statement.

I just went thru this recently and all I did was sign the forms. There is also a chance NC's cell was in BC's name if they had the same provider. If Cisco provided him phone there is still a chance her phone was in his name.

I would think the home SW would cover her cell being part of the evidence if it was needed.

True.

Just wondering if he would do that...what day did he lawyer up?

ETA: Or was he always lawyered up? Was K&B his representation in the separation/divorce proceedings?

Here is a link to an actual search warrant, unrelated to this case, so you can see how they work. Note the probable cause section - this is what helps the judge to decide to issue the warrant or not

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2007/01/05/1127622/Young_Warrant_1-5-07.swf

What makes it "probable?" Motive? Opportunity? Or a piece of concrete evidence, such as blood at a crime scene, a footprint, a tire mark, DNA? Could that term be loosely applied here?

You might want to watch the video - yes the sealing order identifed a specific office which was confirmed to be Brad's office.

Let me correct this - the reporter says he confirmed it as Brad's office - don't know what else to say about that.

And how many times has the MSM incorrectly reported something as fact?
:waitasec:

I was going back and reading BC's rebuttal affidavit about his triathalon training. I misread it the first time. It does say that he has not trained for a triathlon since June 07 (and we know his post from Jan 08 indicates he was back to training). I originally read it that he had done NO training since June 07. However, the affidavit states he's had the odd 1 hour workout per week. His training log shows a total of roughly 9 hours this year. Lots of weeks have no hours logged, some have a few. Granted, they aren't an odd one hour per week (I did see one that was about 4hrs/week). I did not go back to the June 07 time period (only looked at 2008).

I was wondering if he just was averaging those hours out? Was it smart to say odd 1 hour per week? NO b/c there clearly are some that are more. Would he intentionally lie about that? Certainly he would realize someone would check his site. Who knows? I guess it will be up to a judge to decide when the custody hearing rolls around (which could be a non-issue IF BC is guilty).

as previously mentioned by another poster,
i think that there are discrepancies in what brad said in his affs about his training vs. what he said on his adventuresofbrad website

I imagine the Umstead Spa would be the priciest in the area. Their top of line pedicure is about $85.

Regardless, I think this is overexaggeration on Cooper Pere's part. I mean, really, what a callous (pardon the pun) thing to bring up.

If the bill was $200, it was probably for a spa day or half-day. Which might, IMO, even have been a Mother's Day gift of some sort.

Cads.

as previously mentioned by another poster,
i think that there are discrepancies in what brad said in his affs about his training vs. what he said on his adventuresofbrad website
I continue to bring this discrepancy to everyone's attention because I am very familiar with men(women) training for this extremely time consuming and difficult type of racing event. People who do Iron Men events don't just QUIT. This type of athleticism is an addiction; and nothing but an injury will stand in one's way. It really does become a physical high, and the competition itself is hard to give up.

Without giving details, my sister's divorce had a lot to do with this particular kind of situation, so I know firsthand how impossible is for one to completely "stop" training. It doesn't happen. If he were forced to give it up by either NC or his own attorney, he'd be very, very resentful and very cranky! Believe me. It's a physical withdrawl as well as mental.

And how many times has the MSM incorrectly reported something as fact?
:waitasec:

MSM - what or who is that? Not defending the media, they do get things wrong in their rush to break a story. However when one is standing with the legal docs in hand, maybe not so much of an inaccuracy.

did brad only back off from training so many hours due to a warning from his divorce lawyer? did he only start to train less around the time he was trying to memorize his daughters' favorite colors and creatures?

Brad may have done it and there may be evidence that he did, but it isn't this list and it isn't his training log.

One possible completely benign explanation for the list is that it is the security questions and answers for an account. I too write them down; too much stuff to remember to have to think twice about the exact answer. Sometimes these security questions themselves (as opposed to the answers) are used as a security measure. You have to identify which questions you answered from a list of questions.

Brad's Jan 2008 post said he was back training. But he didn't train much at all, so his affidavit is truthful in that regard. Um, New Year's Resolution? I always keep mine (cough, cough), bet you do, too.

I imagine the Umstead Spa would be the priciest in the area. Their top of line pedicure is about $85.

Regardless, I think this is overexaggeration on Cooper Pere's part. I mean, really, what a callous (pardon the pun) thing to bring up.

If the bill was $200, it was probably for a spa day or half-day. Which might, IMO, even have been a Mother's Day gift of some sort.

Cads.

I suspect you are on to something - Cooper Pere said he saw it on a bank statement - Nancy didn't have access to the bank account(s).

Hmm.. then Jessica Adam didn't know how to spell it in her affidavit..
Just spelling it the way she did in a sworn statement.

Neither JA nor Brad spelled her name correctly, but then Brad didn't know her last name nor which condo she lived in. However, the person who lives in a condo about 2 miles from the Coopers and who ran with Nancy in June 2008 is Carey Clark. I've provided one reference (on running thread); there are others.

What makes it "probable?" Motive? Opportunity? Or a piece of concrete evidence, such as blood at a crime scene, a footprint, a tire mark, DNA? Could that term be loosely applied here?

Probable cause varies and in a murder case tends to include items found in a previous warrant. As such the probable cause tends to increase with each warrant. A good example is the siezure of a hard drive and a jump drive from a woman when it was discovered that the husband of a murdered woman was having an affiar with this woman. Blood defintely depending on where it is with respect to the person being served. You might want to look at other threads, most of them have links to search warrants - will give you an idea.

True.

Just wondering if he would do that...what day did he lawyer up?

ETA: Or was he always lawyered up? Was K&B his representation in the separation/divorce proceedings?

I don't know for sure but my guess is July 15th or 16th is when he lawyered up. It wasn't long after the status was changed from missing to homicide based on all the motions filed.

ETA - the search warrant on the house would have most likely sent him scrambling for a lawyer - he knew what the probable cause was.

In reading the affidavits, there were perhaps 4 that Nancy knew about...

Yes, I've seen that picture. ETA: My guess is we're thinking about the same photo(s).

The pattern of his behavior is hard to ignore, imo.:)

Trying to catch up after 2 days of hard work.

When I saw that one picture in Europe, France I think it was?, I just shook my head...It's speculation on my part, I know, but, boy, it just didn't seem right according to my gut...And - I'm learning to trust my gut after all these years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member