Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
my reference to people being powderkegs has nothing to do with whether they believe brad did or did not
kill nancy

I know that I can not get inside your head and know exactly who you called a powderkeg, but I can speculate, and I speculate it was a poster who has not yet jumped on the Brad guilty bandwagon.

I do not believe you would call any poster flashing their jail sign and fry Brad messages a powderkeg regardless of how explosive their post were.

To another poster that mentioned stirring the pot. I havn't posted in about 3 days, I'm really no match for all of you. It is just sometimes I listen and I think until I have to say something.

I will leave you with this.

Justice being done will not raise the dead.
It will not soothe the ache in the dark of the night.
But justice does do something exceedingly important:
it assures us that we do not live in some random universe,
untethered to morality or consequence.​

I know that I can not get inside your head and know exactly who you called a powderkeg, but I can speculate, and I speculate it was a poster who has not yet jumped on the Brad guilty bandwagon.

I do not believe you would call any poster flashing their jail sign and fry Brad messages a powderkeg regardless of how explosive their post were.

To another poster that mentioned stirring the pot. I havn't posted in about 3 days, I'm really no match for all of you. It is just sometimes I listen and I think until I have to say something.

I will leave you with this.

Justice being done will not raise the dead.
It will not soothe the ache in the dark in the night.
But justice does do something exceedingly important:
it assures us that we do not live in some random universe,
untethered to morality or consequence.​

your speculation is off.
in my mind, i was thinking of 4 posters -2 think brad killed nancy and 2 think he did not.

where is the flogging a dead horse icon?

i'm not an attorney, but i believe NC family law is that ALL of the assets accrued *during the course of the marriage* are split, unless one person has received an inheritance that is not co-mingled with their assets. nancy was entitled to half of all of the cisco "stuff" because he took the job after their marriage. she was entitled to half of Brad's previous company's pension from the time that they got married. assets accrued prior to the marriage that are not co-mingled are *not* community property.

any income or bonus that brad received while living with Nancy is community property. Alice Stubbs (Nancy's attorney) would have gotten his official pay stubs etc so that she had the right numbers to work with.

Has anyone gotten the chance to look at the artists paintings listed on the seperation agreeement?

i'm not an attorney, but i believe NC family law is that ALL of the assets accrued *during the course of the marriage* are split, unless one person has received an inheritance that is not co-mingled with their assets. nancy was entitled to half of all of the cisco "stuff" because he took the job after their marriage. she was entitled to half of Brad's previous company's pension from the time that they got married. assets accrued prior to the marriage that are not co-mingled are *not* community property.

any income or bonus that brad received while living with Nancy is community property. Alice Stubbs (Nancy's attorney) would have gotten his official pay stubs etc so that she had the right numbers to work with.

Yeah...I've been looking around for information about a 10-year marriage rule - I haven't found anything yet. Maybe it was just my imagination.

I'm not an attorney, either, and this may be OT, but NC is not a community property state, is it? I might be getting in over my head here - I know it gets complicated real fast.

:confused:

Yeah...I've been looking around for information about a 10-year marriage rule - I haven't found anything yet. Maybe it was just my imagination.

I'm not an attorney, either, and this may be OT, but NC is not a community property state, is it? I might be getting in over my head here - I know it gets complicated real fast.

:confused:

Isn't it 10 years for social security benefits?

Well I killed the thread, didn't I ? LOL:angel:

No Jess.
It has been this way for a few nights now. Slow, not much to talk about unless we compare notes on what we are thinking.

I just want some small shuffle to occur from anyone with this case and I will be happy.

No Jess.
It has been this way for a few nights now. Slow, not much to talk about unless we compare notes on what we are thinking.

I just want some small shuffle to occur from anyone with this case and I will be happy.

I have been feeling that way for at least a couple of weeks. I want something to happen.

It might be in stock options and that's what he was most likely going to retain as his own personal property. Can't recall exactly, but there was something he was getting and Nancy was getting the 401K. Oh, she was getting the 401K AFTER the loan on it was paid off from the home proceeds, IIRC.

JMHO
fran

Which ex? She has several.

I have been feeling that way for at least a couple of weeks. I want something to happen.

I know the old saying, "Silence is Golden", but this isn't what I want. I want just a little shuffle every once in awhile.

I just don't have the patience of JOE as they say. LOL

did brad's lawyers request the Time Warner bill so brad could say that he wasn't busy killing his wife but watching Blades of Glory (or p*rn) on pay-per-view?

did brad's lawyers request the Time Warner bill so brad could say that he wasn't busy killing his wife but watching Blades of Glory (or p*rn) on pay-per-view?

I wasn't aware that they requested the TW bill. Did they?

However, many people have a combo of TW internet and landline telephone.

Momto3, I'm impatient too. I want some action in this case. I have to remind myself that catching Nancy's killer and getting a successful conviction is the most important thing is this case and therefore I must maintain some faith in the process AND commend the CPD for keeping their mouths shut so that there is less sensationalism.

The part of me that enjoys the bantering and debating and wanting every last little scrap of info is frustrated. The part of me that wants the perp to be caught, successfully convicted, and punished to the fullest extent of the law is glad they are taking their time and (hopefully) doing things right and putting all their duckies in order.

Frankly I don't know which side of me will win out in the end, but I suppose it doesn't really matter...

I'm along for the journey no matter which way it goes.

I don't know why they requested it, but if he is innocent and this proves it in any way more power to them right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea