Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renewed motion for a psych evaluation - hearing in September

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1174638.html

Before then, Nancy Cooper's family wants a judge to order that Bradley Cooper be evaluated by a therapist and that those records be considered in the custody case. They have asked that a hearing be set for September 22.

While I do agree that he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't, there are cases where one was thought guilty of murder and went to the funeral and memorials in spite of the stares and media frenzy. They went because they were innocent, they knew they were innocent and this was their family member and they went to show their love and respect regardless of what the media or anyone else thought.

While I do agree that he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't, there are cases where one was thought guilty of murder and went to the funeral and memorials in spite of the stares and media frenzy. They went because they were innocent, they knew they were innocent and this was their family member and they went to show their love and respect regardless of what the media or anyone else thought.

I understand that choice to go and show love and respect regardless of what others thought. I also understand the choice to not go out of respect and love if you believe it will cause too much disruption. I think that would be a very tough call.

I understand that choice to go and show love and respect regardless of what others thought. I also understand the choice to not go out of respect and love if you believe it will cause too much disruption. I think that would be a very tough call.

Absolutely it would be a tough call. I know that for myself - If I know I didn't kill my child/spouse/etc. I would go and show love and respect come hell or high water and nothing would stop me. In the end all the dropped jaws and media frenzy would be for nothing because I'm innocent. Everybody is different and everyne handles things differently. His attending or not attending doesn't make a hill of beans to me - either way I still think he's the murderer.

I gotta go with Topsail Girl on the Memorial issue. I see no circumstance where an innocent man doesn't go to this. This bothers me more than anything that NC's friends have said and what Brad's actions have been. As a matter of fact, this is the only thing that makes me lean on him most likely being guilty other than the statistics in general.

Why should he care what anybody thinks?

Yes, but I understand that he can, I think you call it minimize them, so they're more difficult to detect and may even be written over or something like that.

I'm not a techy, so I'm sure these seem simple to one who's job it is to work with these things. So pardon if it makes no sense.

JMHO
fran

Theres no minimize. Its a very complex box that logs everything that happens... there is no way to hide it. Even if something is deleted thats logged too... So the log notes the call was made and if that is deleted then it also notes the deletion of the call but not the log entry of the call. So now theres a call log entry and a delete call entry in the log... now 2 notes in log. so deleting just brings more attention.

Could it be possible that c might have been b's alibi. He might have called c and said "n said she was going running with you this morning" She might have thought about it for many days and decided she didn't want to be party to something that wasn't suppose to take place....therefore the very short aff. that just stated one fact. Maybe there are other facts that one wouldn't want to get into. Just throwing that out there. It's a pretty wild idea, but with b's history, you never know.

I gotta go with Topsail Girl on the Memorial issue. I see no circumstance where an innocent man doesn't go to this. This bothers me more than anything that NC's friends have said and what Brad's actions have been. As a matter of fact, this is the only thing that makes me lean on him most likely being guilty other than the statistics in general.

Hell even guilty men attend their wife's memorial - ala Scott Peterson...

Absolutely. He was thinking of her friends and her family.......:boohoo:

I see what you're saying. I really do. Another way to look at it, though, is that if he WERE guilty he'd want to go just to look innocent. So, IMO, if he were basing his decision on "what people think" he would have gone, because it DOES look bad not to go! (We definitely agree on that point!!) So I view not going as more a sign of respect to maintain the integrity of the service for Nancy and not detract with all the hoopla.

Maybe I just need coffee...:crazy:

I agree Topsail. IF it were me, I WOULD have attended.

I recall one husband who refused to go to any further news conferences because he didn't like the attention put on him. Like asking him to explain himself. He didn't want to explain himself because he was and is GUITY!:eek:

Course, BEFORE he was arrested, when it suited him, this same husband arranged his own news meetings. Little did he know that it didn't matter that he controlled the questions asked and answered. When he got in front of the camera, he looked even more guilty. ;)

Just sayin,
fran

Not running? I thought one of her friends at the party DID say she was going to run the next morning. A short run (3 - 5 miles) would not be out of the question for someone who wanted to keep up with training for a half; some is better than none. I also recall JA saying that some of their route was off the beaten path. If that is so, and she did run, that raises some questions.

Honestly JA stinks to high heaven if you ask me.

I see what you're saying. I really do. Another way to look at it, though, is that if he WERE guilty he'd want to go just to look innocent. So, IMO, if he were basing his decision on "what people think" he would have gone, because it DOES look bad not to go! (We definitely agree on that point!!) So I view not going as more a sign of respect to maintain the integrity of the service for Nancy and not detract with all the hoopla.

Maybe I just need coffee...:crazy:

No not at all. I understand your point too. That's why it is a discussion board. If we don't agree so be it - I'll bet there are more things we DO agree on than we don't agree on. :blowkiss:

Theres no minimize. Its a very complex box that logs everything that happens... there is no way to hide it. Even if something is deleted thats logged too... So the log notes the call was made and if that is deleted then it also notes the deletion of the call but not the log entry of the call. So now theres a call log entry and a delete call entry in the log... now 2 notes in log. so deleting just brings more attention.

Thanks for the information. I appreciat it.

What you said actually makes sense to me. Believe it or not! ;)

fran

Because through the affidavits it appears that Nancy had a long personal conversation with Clea the night before she disappeared, I tend to believe Nancy did have plans to run that morning. Maybe a short run, but plans to do so just the same.

Guess Brad's fatal mistake here was he inserted Carey's name and it wasn't necessary to make it sound believeable.

See, this is what these guys do, (well, IF he did this crime:rolleyes:), they give out too much information. IMO, they think it makes their story sound truthful as to the events, when in fact, too much information, down to minute by minute accounts, makes the explanation sound scripted.

JMHO
fran

see your opinion is fine but they way you speak is stereotypical.

What makes you think that?

I can tell you some of why I find her statements "odd":

To me, her statement about that she would KNOW if Nancy & Carey had plans to run made me think of her as being a tad bit jealous.

Also, in her whole statement about Nancy feeling uncomfortable around the Morwicks (I think it was 6d of her affidavit). It totally goes against the statement I read on the HOW board (prior to account deletion) stating that Nancy was Clea & Mike's best friend. That post said they had lots of common interests and what not.

Again, it made me feel like she was jealous, like there was no way the Morwicks could be better friends w/ Nancy than JA.

Now, I do think Jessica sounded panicked in her 911 call and so some of what I find strange in her call (the rambling and not listening to the questions) can certainly be chalked up to that.

So, those are a couple of examples of why JA makes me go...hmmmm.

Hell even guilty men attend their wife's memorial - ala Scott Peterson...

Oh, you mean the candle light vigil on New Years Eve?

The one where he made his infamous call to Amber and said he was in Paris while 1/2 of Modesto was at the same gathering mourning and honoring his 'lost wife?':waitasec:

:behindbarYeah, he really was a dufus.:eek:

I kinda' think we're going to find a few resemlences between Scott and Brad when all the evidence is revealed. You know, all those little details going on behind the scene that we're not aware of yet? Like, how MUCH of his affidavits were lies and will be PROVEN through records?:bang:

People think there's no way he would have lied on those affidavits because they can be checked for accuracy.

eehhhhh......YES indeedy they sure can. The problem is, Brad wasn't thinking of LE checking into his statements. Kinda' like the 4:20 a.m. visit to the store to buy detergent. He said it was AFTER daylight.:rolleyes:

Like they say, 'a picture is worth a 1000 words!' :woohoo:

;)
fran

see your opinion is fine but they way you speak is stereotypical.

I'm not trying to speak for Fran here but any regular poster on a crime board speaks stereotypical because we're experienced in this kind of stuff. we can almost guess how most of the cases are gonna play out from just a bit of info in the first week to 10 days. Sometimes it doesn'tt ake that long.

It's a talent learned from experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member