Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, crumb, DogWood. Wish you hadn't said that.

Sorry, Star12. I'll go back to :read:. lol

It just amazes me the media is all over this and it appears they have given WCSO and the DA a free pass with regard to the MY case.

I wonder if it's an attempt to have Judge Stevens think twice about resealing them on Sept. 2?

It just amazes me the media is all over this and it appears they have given WCSO and the DA a free pass with regard to the MY case.

I wonder if it's an attempt to have Judge Stevens think twice about resealing them on Sept. 2?

I think your idea is a bullseye. It is all about next week.

This is what I thought until this evening when I was looking thru everything for the 10th time...(it feels like it) I noticed it was Monday they took her purse. They removed it on the 14th. What was her purse doing in the car on Monday?

This now makes me think it was triggered by BC doing the search when he was seen and the jacket being on when he said he found the shovel....

The good news - LE was back withn 36 hours with a warrant to go through the house and the cars for a more detailed search. Makes one wonder what they saw on Monday, if they ever unseal the warrant for the residence, guess we will have an idea.

well, an appeal isn't something extraordinarily unusual, is it?

:::sigh::: how long would an appeal like this take?

A shot over the bow - fair warning - if sealed again there is going to be another fight to unseal them. We're still here Judge - not going anywhere soon.

http://www.newsobserver.com/141/story/1141867.html

Under An Uneasy Feeling....

About 3:45 p.m. Monday, police searched the couple's BMW sedan and BMW SUV. They also removed a Louis Vuitton purse from one vehicle.

Does anyone have any link to show the purse was actually taken on Saturday? I really thought it was Saturday it was taken but can't locate where it was said. Monday is all I come up with. Monday, 3 days later? in the vehicle? This has me :waitasec:

Also for anyone who knows...is it normal for a missing person case to have divers in the lake the very next day, approx 12 hrs later, before the paths and trails are even searched?

well, an appeal isn't something extraordinarily unusual, is it?

:::sigh::: how long would an appeal like this take?

I don't think so...

My guess is that was filed for them to have something to come back on if they are not unsealed on Sept. 2.

..."the media attorneys assert that the Wake County district attorney has not made an adequate case for sealing the warrants."

If CW makes a better argument on Sept. 2, they still have this appeal filed on the first hearing?

I'm not sure. Anyone else?

I don't know what 'normal' is. Is it 'normal' for anyone to go missing in Cary? LE must have gotten some info or had a feeling that she may have been near water...maybe drowned? Who knows.

A shot over the bow - fair warning - if sealed again there is going to be another fight to unseal them. We're still here Judge - not going anywhere soon.

Exactly!

I think we all want to know what so compelling that CW was in Judge Stephens' kitchen at 2:30 am, requesting the seal before the warrants were even executed.

I don't know what 'normal' is. Is it 'normal' for anyone to go missing in Cary? LE must have gotten some info or had a feeling that she may have been near water...maybe drowned? Who knows.

The body of water searched (I know of) is the one that doesn't have the jogging/walking trail around it. It is the one that you can back up to and has a dock, or private docks. I thought the divers went out on Monday after a day of searching, but see it was also on Sunday...is this another sign by the LE of possible foul play? :confused:

Exactly!

I think we all want to know what so compelling that CW was in Judge Stephens' kitchen at 2:30 am, requesting the seal before the warrants were even executed.

Had to be pretty compelling to go outside of protocol - written request for why the warrants should be sealed - the DA was wanting to move very quickly for some reason.

The body of water searched (I know of) is the one that doesn't have the jogging/walking trail around it. It is the one that you can back up to and has a dock, or private docks. I thought the divers went out on Monday after a day of searching, but see it was also on Sunday...is this another sign by the LE of possible foul play? :confused:

Not sure you can say exactly that Mt3K - have seen this done in other missing persons cases while searches are ongoing. LE has to make as much effort as possible to find a person reported missing while at the same time reveiwing data received/not received and making a judgement about the possibility of foul play. The lack of confirmed sightings of Nancy most likely triggered some definitive response.

I picked up one of those fliers from Java Jive if anyone was interested. I think there was some discussion about it a while back. Or maybe it was just of the one when she was missing.

Had to be pretty compelling to go outside of protocol - written request for why the warrants should be sealed - the DA was wanting to move very quickly for some reason.

True.

That's one more reason I think the appeal was put on the record. According to the WRAL article, his reason for having them stay sealed was pretty lame?

Why would someone who went outside of proptcol make a lame excuse for having them stay sealed on the first round?

True.

That's one more reason I think the appeal was put on the record. According to the WRAL article, his reason for having them stay sealed was pretty lame?

Why would someone who went outside of proptcol make a lame excuse for having them stay sealed on the first round?

I was wondering why the DA's office grouped all three warrants together in their motion - they kinda stepped in it with that approach IMO.

True.

From the link you posted earlier - I noticed Sheriff Harrison showed up today - hmmmm - WCSO still assisting on the case I wonder ? Must be I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998