Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reposting this as I posted it very shortly before Windchime kindly started a new thread for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherego
You said....

By the way, if I was ever in need of a fair Jury...I would hope it was filled with WSers! They look at every piece of evidence and do weigh all the options. They are intelligent and very thorough at what they do.

I respectfully have to disagree with that, from what I have seen here in the past 3 days from the vast majority of posters, they found Brad Cooper guilty long before Nancy's body was even found. They will not even begin to look at any other evidence if there was any. I feel they look at some really crazy things as evidence. They look at him getting a lawyer as evidence. If LE was searching my home, my cars, my body for DNA, I would be getting a lawyer to, and I about guarantee that you would also, even though you or I were 100% innocent. Also, his not attending Press Confrences-I don't see this as a sign of guilt either. He owes nothing to the public as long as he is co-operating with police. I think this depends on the individual some peole are just more private than others.

Let me say I am not defending him, the evidence does seem to be stacking up against him, but if you are not looking in any other direction for eveidence it would. What I am tyrying to say about jurors, is that they could not have the closed mind I have found here.

Blink responded:

Wherego-
First I commend you for welcoming Reanne, and Welcome Reanne as well.
At the risk of sounding defensive, I AM a regular poster and this is the second thread for this case. I was wondering if you took the time to read the first one? I mention this because I have been on this for days and with very few exceptions, I see diligent, honest, well-intentioned and damn intuitive WS'rs. You would have to check with Tricia or a MOD, but I have to think this case has brought a firestorm of new posters and some of the best local perspectives I have seen in my short tenure here. I think I counted 5 new posters commenting on how welcome they felt, and how much information they got from here.

I found Reanne's post very articulate and relevant, however, for me, well after a bulk of evidence is already known, and for that which is not, I personally do my best not to speculate. I am folllowing and contributing to a dialog that is based on known facts, evidence, intuition and extensive experience. Nevertheless, I left at 11am today, there were 2 pages to this thread, there are 16 as I am typing this, but because I care about the integrity of what I post, and respect what others have, I read every one before posting so I can best contribute productively on this thread.

The last I checked this was NOT a Voir Dire, therefore calling out people's potential bias's- real or perceived, imo, is inappropriate.

I live right next to Cary, and this whole case has just hit a little too close to home...in many ways. Nancy was a member at my gym, she was my age, she ran outdoors, she's a sahm etc. My heart is very saddened by all of this. I have read all of the posts (back to the first thread), and find that I can't stop. I'm glad that I found this site.

So weird...my husband just stopped at the store on the way home this evening to get something for my son and I greeted him with, "You just went to the store where Brad Cooper got his cleaning supplies." Makes my stomach hurt.

I am convinced that he did it, and have been from the beginning. First 2 give- aways...that he said that she went running with a friend (and didn't), and that he hadn't called anyone with concern when she didn't return as planned. I know my husband would be looking for me (marital problems or not), just to get some help with the kids!

It is just so eery to think about how close this all took place. Did Brad run next to me on a treadmill? Did I look in a killer's eyes? Sorry to be so dramatic, but this is still so fresh. My neighbor's daughter was in preschool with Bella. She only knew Nancy in a casual greeting exchange kind of way. She joined in on the search over the weekend.

Just wanted to thank you all for the insight, and opinions you have offered. I hope that they make an arrest very soon, and I hope the girls are safe.

Welcome to WS allboys!
When a case hits that close to home you almost do a double take of any & everything you've did in the last year! It turely is very scarey.

I also hope they make an arrest very soon...

Not reposting the original post, as that poster had some security concerns. Just reposting a part of her sentence.

"The video has Brad buying detergent with detergent (corrected by M later) and/or bleach actually purchased at 4am."

Was there another, later post? (This was the first one).

I think that her child works at the store actually, but she didn't post what specific store it was.
If I remember correctly the kid said it was 'detergent with bleach'.

edit- I think it was a later post where she got the specific info on which product it was. The original post wasn't as clear I think.

here's the quote.....if you click on Mom's name, it will bring you back to WS...

http://www.bluelineradio.com/news714.html

i think it's post #186, first thread, page 8 here......?
something along the lines of detergent w/bleach, .... the way i took it maybe he actually bought a bottle of detergent & a bottle of bleach???

We live in Cary less than a mile from the Coopers. Overall, Cary shuts down about 10pm. My hubby is one of the night owl group here in Cary and I can say that this is a LARGE group. I've gotten up to check on him a few times and am amazed at how many lights are on around the neighborhood. He makes those middle of the night runs to HT and is usually amused at how many folks are in there at odd hours in the middle of the night (even run into friends). While Brad's purchases were questionable, the timing isn't so questionable from our experience.

I am a night person too...of the female variety....open heart nurse working 7p-7a.

Thanks for that perspective on IT folks...duh...I should have figured that.

Okay...so we will give BC that. He could well be a nightowl and grocery shopped when he couldn't sleep. I cannot argue at all with that. The proof will be in the pudding...if he cleaned the house with the cleaners he allegedly purchased. They will be able to tell...just like they did with Scott Peterson.
I'll give him that benefit of doubt too, if it's his normal thing to do. But since it was most likely the night his wife was murdered ~ I can't put my mind around this happening while she was out jogging and LE being so sure it's an isolated incident ~ it just seems very coincidental to say the least that he supposedly bought something used for cleaning. :)

here's the quote.....if you click on Mom's name, it will bring you back to WS...

http://www.bluelineradio.com/news714.html

i think it's post #186, first thread, page 8......?

LOL, thanks Close, for all:

It was either both or detergent with bleach or bleach. The clarification is there is no clarification. As the media keeps quoting bleach, I wonder if that's the giveaway?

We have to remember the difference in what Brad told LE and what the tape showed. If this was a usually activity and purchase he would have had no reason to lie about it, IMO. As far as we know, he lied about the time and what he purchased.

The original poster who posted about Brad going to the store, did not even know which one for sure....so, as far as I can tell, nobody does, as it hasn't been reported on yet. :waitasec:

It was reported on ABC11 that it was hariss teeter! I wouldnt tell everyone which store either! The reporters already know! JMO

It was reported on ABC11 that it was hariss teeter! I wouldnt tell everyone which store either! The reporters already know! JMO

...didn't know...which one....bleach or detergent or both!

Had an interesting chat with the local neighbors this evening. A few thoughts to throw out...food for thought.

Brad seems to be quite arrogant. Is it possible she came home from the party and found him home with someone?

Some rumors state he was having an affair with her best friend. Her best friend's husband was heading up the search. Did anyone find it interesting HE was heading up the search and not Brad?

IF he did this could his fear have been that she was going to take the girls back to Canada where her family is and he would have never seen them again? Could that have been his motive? It seems he didn't like to loose.

...didn't know...which one....bleach or detergent or both!

I think the point is he bought cleaning products at 4am. But told LE he bought milk and bread at 6am.

All,

A few more observations....

I am not sure it is all that unusual for BC to have several blogs and other on-line outlets. I can see that happening. I happen to not have any blogs at all, nor do I read any regularly, but that is just me. IT folks seem to become adept at multi-tasking, it is the nature of the beast, and this might not have that much family information in it because he has this focused on the IM training, etc. This would possibly mean that it was not meant to convey all of the aspects of his life, just the part that pertains to the IM stuff. Yes, I know, it also talks about the MBA, etc, but it is linked in with additional time to train, so it fits. This is kind of compartmentalization. Not making excuses for him, but I work really long hours at times, and am married with 2 kids. In spite of all of this, I recently completed a degree in IT (on-line) and am about to begin another one in a couple of months. I KNOW that I would never have been able to do it without the support of my Wife, and some sacrifices of time spent with my kids. Seems that he could have mentioned it, at least in passing.

I agree, it is completely possible that BC is innocent. In fact, I am sure we all understand that in the eyes of the law, he IS innocent, until and unless he is proven guilty, or confesses. We are making as much of the complete picture as we can given the puzzle pieces we have, and without the benefit of a picture on the box for guidance. Nevertheless, there is a statement that I understand is taught to some medical students. "When you hear the sound of hoofbeats, think of horses, not Zebras" This means that there are all kinds of POSSIBLE situations, but you should carefully consider the plausible ones. If someone shows up for treatment with a runny nose, it could be a lot of different things, but a cold is among the most likely ones. I actually consider the location where the body was found to help his situation. It was a sub-division that was under development, and not very well known yet. The cul-de-sac where the body was found was short, and does not appear to have much construction nearby. This COULD indicate that the area was known, and since it was a short road, I do not think it all that likely that BC was familiar with it due to running. This could point to a construction worker who was familiar with the area due to working on a project there. I still think BC is the most likely suspect, but this does introduce an element of doubt that is important to note.

A great deal has been made about waiting so long to call cops, etc. Depending upon the situation, I am not sure it was as important as that. Now, if my wife was running, and I expected to have her back in a couple of hours, I would likely be looking for her myself and calling hospitals if she was not back in an hour or so after I expected her. If she was driving, it would be a while before I became seriously concerned.

In fact, there was a case in Cary some years ago that I felt cast a lot of suspicion on the Husband because he called the police too quickly. AFIK, it remains unsolved, but I believe it likely that the woman left of her own accord. They found her car in the mall parking lot, and he called after she had only been gone an hour or so. I mean, come on! If I knew my wife was at the mall, I might not have reported her missing for several days!:crazy:

As I understand it, NC was very careful about notifying friends if she would be late. She was apparently very punctual, and this caused concern on the part of her friend. And yes, it should have been a point of concern on the part of her husband, especially if her car was still in the area. Yes, she was training for a half marathon, but she had been gone long enough to have completed two full marathons!

In an earlier post, I mentioned the amount of money that was at stake in a divorce for this couple. I was in a bit of a hurry when I posted it, and thinking back, this seems to suggest that I think he did it for the money. IF he had anything to do with it, I would think it was a result of an argument, built up stresses, things getting out of hand very quickly etc. While the financial toll would have likely been on his mind, I do not think it was planned.

BTW, WRAL normally posts the results of an autopsy report on their website if the case is getting a lot of attention. I suspect that will happen with this case, unless the records are sealed for a while, such as happened with the Eve Carson case.

Scratches on his arms caused by fingernails vs. briers? I grew up in the country, and I know that thorns/briers/brambles make very narrow, fading scratches on your arms and legs, I suspect that fingernails would make deeper, longer, more pronounced and wider scratches. But, since I was out this past weekend, I would not have chosen to wear long sleeves and pants, unless I had to... too dang hot!

CyberPro

So many newbies here! I hope I haven't missed welcoming you all!!!!!

Aimee & CyberPro Welcome to WS !!!!!!:Welcome-12-june:

Not reposting the original post, as that poster had some security concerns. Just reposting a part of her sentence.

"The video has Brad buying detergent with detergent (corrected by M later) and/or bleach actually purchased at 4am."

Was there another, later post? (This was the first one).
I added that sidenote about her correction. I can go back and find it, if I need to. But IIRC (if I recall correctly)...she had intitially left out the word detergent.

LOL, thanks Close, for all:

It was either both or detergent with bleach or bleach. The clarification is there is no clarification. As the media keeps quoting bleach, I wonder if that's the giveaway?

it could be, Blink....

eta...& you're very welcome

Had an interesting chat with the local neighbors this evening. A few thoughts to throw out...food for thought.

Brad seems to be quite arrogant. Is it possible she came home from the party and found him home with someone?

Some rumors state he was having an affair with her best friend. Her best friend's husband was heading up the search. Did anyone find it interesting HE was heading up the search and not Brad?

IF he did this could his fear have been that she was going to take the girls back to Canada where her family is and he would have never seen them again? Could that have been his motive? It seems he didn't like to loose.
Just a quick question, but isn't his family in Canada too? I agree with your post, though and do find it interesting this "best friend's" husband was heading the search. It was reported though that Brad has been 'devastated' ~ maybe he was just too overcome to search?? :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong