Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
mom, I'm glad you reposted as I missed the original one. I kept wondering about a shovel. So it is common knowledge in Cary that BC found a shovel in the search, but that it is not key evidence, right? However, the question being pondered upon is, did he plant it or was it just missed by previous searchers, right?

Was the shovel taken into evidence or put back?

I'm back!:crazy: Thanks to RR this is what I was trying to say. I am a retired family court clerk but I live in Canada, so thought things might be different in the States.
When you think about it, it makes sense that the defendant would not be served with this ex parte (one sided) motion. The Plaintiff's are asking for custody of this man's children. They are also alleging that the defendant is unstable. If the allegations are true then who's to say once he receives notice of hearing of a motion for custody that he doesn't abscond with the children or even worse do harm to them. Best to err on the side of caution - remove the children and argue about it later which the defendant will have the right to do.
The ex parte order is only temporary. Brad has been served with a copy of this Order and supporting documents. A full hearing has been scheduled.
I thought as much, but for the life of me I have no clue how to pull a post over from another thread (NTW...I'll eventually learn!)

I just found something in the Wake County records regarding their house and the financing. I'm not sure I am allowed to post details here. But they apparently made a big decision to increase their equity line of credit on their house just in Feb.08 Not sure what if anything it means.
Somebody could have been thinking of buying the other person out of the house.

Thanks but still strange Carrie has not come forward:crazy:

Im not sure why she would, my guess would be LE asked her not to talk. Until trial that is, when she will say she was not jogging with Nancy nor did she have any plans to. I have contemplated that I wondered if she may be the other woman and Brad said she was with her to point the finger.

((The above statement is my meager, sleuthing opinion and invite all trolls to know that I do not have any food for you!! ))

LOL, ROTFL, Le better not be reading this we are ALL going to end up with a subpoena. Great find. Note she sought the advice of counsel on March 10. I bet that stupid SOB increased the equity line to reduce the equity in the house to make it difficult to sell, she found out, thus the suicide threat.

Carrie is still a mystery to me also. I know her husband said that was who she was running with that morning. But to what I have followed so far has nothing about her. Maybe he made carrie up?

Posted link by wolfpackfan, way back on first thread.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1140988.html

snippet================================

Adam said that Cooper was supposed to join her Saturday morning at Adam’s house to help paint her dining room. The friends had a deal: Cooper was going to help paint; then Adam was going to help Cooper organize her house. Both were runners, training for the Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon on Aug. 31 in Virginia Beach, Va.
When Cooper didn’t show up, Adam called Brad Cooper. She said he told her that his wife had gone for a run with a friend, but he wasn’t sure which friend. Adam said he later called to say he thought the friend was someone named Carrie and wanted to know whether Adam knew how to contact Carrie.
Adam knew someone by that name but said she didn’t know the woman’s last name and did not have her phone number. Cooper said he was going to continue looking for Carrie’s phone number and hung up, Adam said. Adam said she felt that something had gone wrong and called police. Cary police said Monday that Brad Cooper =======================

snippet

Good article, early days but worth a read....

I thought as much, but for the life of me I have no clue how to pull a post over from another thread (NTW...I'll eventually learn!)

I just cut and paste the old one and ID it in the title. Unless it is one that makes me wrong or look bad in which case it's against the rules..:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:, my dearest RR..

I thought exactly the same thing!!!
Im not sure why she would, my guess would be LE asked her not to talk. Until trial that is, when she will say she was not jogging with Nancy nor did she have any plans to. I have contemplated that I wondered if she may be the other woman and Brad said she was with her to point the finger.

((The above statement is my meager, sleuthing opinion and invite all trolls to know that I do not have any food for you!! ))

Could be. But looking at all of the records, they refinanced several years in a row after buying the home in 01, then took out an equity line and increased it several years in a row. It could mean that they did have money trouble, even though he appeared to have a well-paying job.

Has anyone heard if his (BC) family has come to help support him? Wasn't his brother supposed to be coming in?

I wouldn't think it was key evidence since the police told the searchers to continue looking, but I do not know. They chose to leave after the mental thought of thinking it could be Nancy and then finding out it was Brad they were also talking to. I have no idea how many are aware of this incident on Monday since many of us by that time were sent to the nature park to search. It was pouring so some others went home to wait the storm out.
It was an absolute down pour at certain times Monday afternoon.

I do not think it was planned.It happened at the spur of the moment. But within a blink of a second it can be premeadiated.The strange part is this case has the Peterson case the cutts case all combined.

One thing I forgot where is this Mystery lady Carrie? U would think she would have been found. Now the weird part and maybe I read wrong but did not he say her friends know this Carrie also? But no one but him has mentioned her.

You forgot Mark Hacking with the jogging story. :)

Could be. But looking at all of the records, they refinanced several years in a row after buying the home in 01, then took out an equity line and increased it several years in a row. It could mean that they did have money trouble, even though he appeared to have a well-paying job.

Cool mom- Im not sure if you caught up on last thread about the fact that Brad was witholding $$ from Nancy- I took that to mean he was in control of the finances, and he had a very well paying job. Was there a substantial increase in Feb, like to match the value with an unusal LTV %

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong