Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nancy kept a journal would it be admissible(sp?) in a custody case?

Welcome to all the new posters, I've been reading just not posting.
I don't think Nancy's family just walked into the court without some proof and the judge gave them temporary custody. It's very unusual in this state for that to happen. So, yes, if there was documentation by Nancy I'm sure it was admitted along with whatever else they could maybe from her lawyer and police reports if any were filed.

(chuckle)

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. Insensibly, one begins to twist the facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. It biases the judgment."

Sherlock Holmes

Good quote! :)

I have to say, though, that I'm really bothered by how it was done. Maybe he knew they were going to court, and didn't fight it... I don't think we really know, one way or the other. What bothers me is that they were able to walk into court and say he did this, this, and this, and they were given the children. That is scary to me. What's to stop any grandparent, out of anger or vindictiveness, to take their grandchildren away from the bio parent?
Don't get me wrong... in this case, I'm sure the children are safer. Even if he's not guilty, he seems unstable, at least at this time. But if they take those kids to Canada for the memorial, it won't surprise me at all if they don't bring them back when the court hearing is held on the 25th. He may never see them again, whether he is found guilty or not.
I can understand whee you're coming from BUT one would have to have good evidence to get a judge to take away custody of their kids. A judge would know if one was sincere or just doing something out of anger...
this judge did the right thing imo. But I don't think just any grandparent could convicne a judge to take away someone's biological chuildren. The judge would have to be given credible evidence...hearsay would not be allowed.

(chuckle)

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. Insensibly, one begins to twist the facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. It biases the judgment."

Sherlock Holmes
Since Sherlock Holmes was a fictional character, wouldn't it make this quote actually Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's? Just saying.

Finally... I'm approved! You guys are great! I have so many things I would love to comment on concerning BC but, unfortunately, I must decline at this time. I am a very (giving the NG "quote unquote" stance) "private" poster, therefore I will be keeping all posts to myself. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Finally... I'm approved! You guys are great! I have so many things I would love to comment on concerning BC but, unfortunately, I must decline at this time. I am a very (giving the NG "quote unquote" stance) "private" poster, therefore I will be keeping all posts to myself. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

:eek:

And the purpose of this post is... ???

Since Sherlock Holmes was a fictional character, wouldn't it make this quote actually Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's? Just saying.

Nah, not in discussing cases, Sherlock Holmes clearly gets the credit.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle only gets credit for "The Lost World" quotes.

(smile)

I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks NC's law enforcement is the most corrupt, they really need to get out west.

Though it might reveal my location (see CyberPro's previous post), but around here, not only does everyone make fun of the cops and the fact that no one trusts them, but we've had jailbreaks because the guards had gone to buy crack for everyone; Guards routinely steal prisoner's belongings; Statewide there've been a couple of judges disciplined for exchanging sex for their opinions; We've had judges convicted of drugs and DWI; We've had on-duty cops committing burglary and armed robbery; Heck, if I might come back to just my small town, the magistrate's wife was recently busted for embezzlement and his secretary for forgery.

Welcome to WS, Audiogirl! We will respect that you want to remain silent and "private" at this time. I find the irony in your screenname tho. :) (Lurk away! We will wave to you now and then!)

It bothers me to hear the girls haven't asked about her. This could mean the girls saw or heard something the night she went missing. They need to find out what the girls do know.
It concerns me very much that Bella has not asked about her mom. I have a 4 year old niece who spends the night with us at times and always she will ask where her mom is..even though she knows her mom is at home or at work. I am hoping Bella didn't witness anything in the house that night. My mind goes right back to little Blake in Jessie's case.
I hope they(therapist or LE) will soon talk to this little girl and try to find out what if anything she knows about what happened to her mom.

Nah, not in discussing cases, Sherlock Holmes clearly gets the credit.

Arthur Conan Doyle only gets credit for "The Lost World" quotes.

(smile)
LOL I got you on a technicality here, Wudge. :takeabow:

Totally off-topic, but it's nice to see Wudge (smiling).

I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks NC's law enforcement is the most corrupt, they really need to get out west.

Though it might reveal my location (see CyberPro's previous post), but around here, not only does everyone make fun of the cops and the fact that no one trusts them, but we've had jailbreaks because the guards had gone to buy crack for everyone; Guards routinely steal prisoner's belongings; Statewide there've been a couple of judges disciplined for exchanging sex for their opinions; We've had judges convicted of drugs and DWI; We've had on-duty cops committing burglary and armed robbery; Heck, if I might come back to just my small town, the magistrate's wife was recently busted for embezzlement and his secretary for forgery.

Bakersfield, Ca.?

(runnerup to the state of NC)

Thanks for the link TaxiMom :)

I wonder why they are suddenly blurring the girls' faces on the images, when they have been slathered all over the media already?

Maybe to stop the girls from seeing themselves in the media, from now on? (In line with grandparents' request?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam