Nancy Grace 9-15-08

RE the tapes of LE's interview with KC, after hearing them AGAIN (listened to 'em when they first came out on Friday) on NG, it struck me how OFTEN KC said "truthfully," "honestly," and "legitimately" in her statements. True signs of a liar. When someone is constantly peppering his/her remarks with references to truth, honest, and legitimate (not to mention KCs fave, "absolutely"!), they are anything BUT!

I've actually thought about that. But i always thought a mental illness such as Schizophrenia comes from a traumatic childhood by something like being molested by a parent. Not that she has... just trauma of the sorts. I'm not a psychologist, jmo.
You don't think her childhood was traumatic, living with GA and CA?!:crazy:

I love how these Lawyers are so concerned with Casey's rights being violated but they never mention that a 3 year old girl is missing & Casey holds the key to locating her
This is what upsets me the most - it's all about Casey - what about the rights of a 2 year-old girl to live? Doesn't she have that right - to be loved and protected by her mother, not lost by her mother.

What does any of your post have to do with a bunch of defense attorneys on the NG show being asked defense-oriented questions? Should the defense lawyers tell Nancy that they can't answer her questions because Caylee is missing? What should these guest panelists do that would make you happy? Maybe every single panelist on that show should jump out of their chairs and start running into the nearest woods to look for Caylee whenever NG asks them a question, any question. Would these rules apply to Kobe the forensic scientist? Should Kobe also refuse to answer any of Nancy's questions on grounds that Caylee is missing? Did Nancy's guest panelists kill Caylee? Are they scapegoats for the fact that Caylee's missing?

Did they mirandize KC or not? I know they said the door was unlocked to make it clear she wasn't being held against her will and I know she hadn't been charged with anything and they were just investigating. But NG insisted she was mirandized before the detectives interviewed her.
Maybe all the information I have comes from TV shows and movies (kinda like Casey:crazy:) but don't they advise of Miranda rights after arrest? "You're under arrest for _____________. Everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

Maybe all the information I have comes from TV shows and movies (kinda like Casey:crazy:) but don't they advise of Miranda rights after arrest? "You're under arrest for _____________. Everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

There's a whole thread on this somewhere in here. A person is entitled to Miranda rights warnings whenever they are taken into custody for questioning. Custody is the key to determining whether the person is entitled to Miranda rights warnings. Of course, an arrest will always trigger a Miranda Rights warning because at the precise moment a person is placed under arrest, they are in the custody of LE ... their freedom and movements are restricted. Again though, an arrest is not necessary to trigger Miranda rights readings. It's possible for a person to be in custody even though they are not under arrest.

In the case of when they interviewed Casey, I'm sure everyone picked up how they called attention to the fact that she was there on her own free will, trying to "help" them. The door wasn't locked, and she could have left at any time.

She is also the one who started the rumor of $45,000 charged on the credit cards instead of the $4500 that was first reported. Now everyone quotes [Nancy Grace] as the gospel truth!

Not me. I think that she is a disgrace to victims rights and responsible journalism.

Nancy's show is awful. It panders to sensationalism. NG wouldn't know the word "objective" if it was tattooed onto her own forehead. And it's technically weak --not entirely prepared, always misinformed, unable to ask proper questions. It's a trainwreck. You should've seen the hatchet job NG did on the Duke lacrosse players. That NG didn't get canceled after that disgrace tells you all you need to know about this show: it could care less about accurate objectiveness.

Her show might be awful, but right now it's the only one who covers this case, so I am forced to watch her. Greta is wrapped up in politics at the moment, unfortunately. I do agree that NG is not very objective, and I don't like how she interrupts all her guests, even those who call in. And is there some kind of prerequisite that every caller has to say how much they love her show?
I saw a comment by a poster last night, that LP is feeding us little tidbits when he's on. If Nancy would let him talk and not cut him off, we might learn more. I do think LP is still involved, maybe not as BH, but I think he is investigating the case and won't give up on it until it goes to trial. I've always liked him, and he tells it like it is. He saw a lot more that went on while his RV was parked outside than most of us could imagine.

Tony is also a member here, so there's no reason for LP to not be keeping an eye on WS. I say good for him! He recognizes a good source when he sees one!

I say good for him, too! He's trying to get to the bottom of it. The only reason I answered was that someone kept asking if he was getting his information from here. : )

Nancy's show is awful. It panders to sensationalism. NG wouldn't know the word "objective" if it was tattooed onto her own forehead. And it's technically weak --not entirely prepared, always misinformed, unable to ask proper questions. It's a trainwreck. You should've seen the hatchet job NG did on the Duke lacrosse players. That NG didn't get canceled after that disgrace tells you all you need to know about this show: it could care less about accurate objectiveness.

ITA! I get so irritated with her because she can't keep her trap shut long enough to let anyone answer the questions she's asked! If her behavior/opinions on her show are any indication of her tactics as a prosecutor...I'm willing to bet she was seen as a joke. Anyone with half a brain cell and a mind of their own can see she's got nothing more behind her arguments than her attitude.

What does any of your post have to do with a bunch of defense attorneys on the NG show being asked defense-oriented questions? Should the defense lawyers tell Nancy that they can't answer her questions because Caylee is missing? What should these guest panelists do that would make you happy? Maybe every single panelist on that show should jump out of their chairs and start running into the nearest woods to look for Caylee whenever NG asks them a question, any question. Would these rules apply to Kobe the forensic scientist? Should Kobe also refuse to answer any of Nancy's questions on grounds that Caylee is missing? Did Nancy's guest panelists kill Caylee? Are they scapegoats for the fact that Caylee's missing?

Geez...what is your problem!!! Every post you answer is just a nasty remark!
As far as the NG show, many of us like her and discuss it here. So why not just skip over the posts if you don't like them. JMO

In the case of when they interviewed Casey, I'm sure everyone picked up how they called attention to the fact that she was there on her own free will, trying to "help" them. The door wasn't locked, and she could have left at any time.

I don't think the Miranda rights even matter here. She didn't give LE anything to use against her, except that she lied about everything. In my opinion, the fact that she never reported Caylee missing, only when her mom called 911, will be more telling to the jury than anything she said in this interview.

I love how these Lawyers are so concerned with Casey's rights being violated but they never mention that a 3 year old girl is missing & Casey holds the key to locating her

This is what upsets me the most - it's all about Casey - what about the rights of a 2 year-old girl to live? Doesn't she have that right - to be loved and protected by her mother, not lost by her mother.

Geez...what is your problem!!! Every post you answer is just a nasty remark!
As far as the NG show, many of us like her and discuss it here. So why not just skip over the posts if you don't like them. JMO

Funny. I though the series of posts I was responding to were far and away the nastiest of the bunch. You know .... how people hide behind Caylee's rights ... how they write "What about Caylee's rights?" as justification for whatever inarticulate and illogical rage and anger is sure to follow. How some defense lawyers on the NG show are now all of a sudden evil guys because of ... Caylee's rights. Because they had the nerve to try and answer the questions NG posed to them. What's next? What about Caylee's rights to slam football players for having the nerve to play their games instead of canceling them? I don't know about you but when I begin to read a post that starts with "What about Caylee's rights", I brace for the worst and am usually always disappointed with what follows.

As for the quality of the NG show, I think it's dreadful. I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are. There are quite a few here that agree with me. You should either get over it or discuss it rationally. This is the NG thread.

I had to go back to the transcript of last nights NG show just to be sure I heard correctly. This is what LP said....

PADILLA: George and Cindy know the truth. Lee has no doubt told Cindy the truth that has been relayed to him by Casey. So it`s a -- it`s a total distraction. They`ve lost a granddaughter. Now they`re hoping against hope.

This goes back to what LP said a few weeks ago on NG. He said CA, KC & LA know the truth. He omitted GA's name and he did it again last night. Lee telling Cindy what Casey told him but did not say GA but does say GA knows the truth.

I have always believed GA was involved after the death so he would have known the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back