Nancy, the runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see this posted anywhere else so thought I would share. If it has been posted here, my apologies.

Nancy completed a 5k race in June. She finished at the same time as Carey Clark. Carey (referred to as Carrie Clarke in the affidavits) lives in a condo about 2 miles by google map from the Copper house and is presumably the person Brad indicated Nancy had gone to run with the day of her death.

http://results.active.com/pages/sea...=4&rsID=64965&queryType=division&pubID=3#VIEW

49 Nancy Cooper Cary NC 34 F 27:16
42 Carey Clark Cary NC 32 F 27:16

Nancy also has a half marathon time at active.com from Sept 2007 with a time of just under 2 hours.

I didn't see this posted anywhere else so thought I would share. If it has been posted here, my apologies.

Nancy completed a 5k race in June. She finished at the same time as Carey Clark. Carey (referred to as Carrie Clarke in the affidavits) lives in a condo about 2 miles by google map from the Copper house and is presumably the person Brad indicated Nancy had gone to run with the day of her death.

http://results.active.com/pages/sea...=4&rsID=64965&queryType=division&pubID=3#VIEW

49 Nancy Cooper Cary NC 34 F 27:16
42 Carey Clark Cary NC 32 F 27:16

Nancy also has a half marathon time at active.com from Sept 2007 with a time of just under 2 hours.

Definitely a better time than when she ran w/ HM!

Definitely a better time than when she ran w/ HM!

I noticed that too. Her half marathon time in Sept 2007 was at a similar pace, just over 9 min a mile. Maybe she was really out of shape when she ran the 5k with HM. Was that around the time when she had her first child?

I was not able to find any race times for Jessica Adam. If JA was training, she wasn't doing so at the same 5k's as NC and CC.

bumped~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

post_old.gif
07-16-2008, 12:39 PM
stillblv
user_offline.gif

Fox News Telephone Interview with Brad Cooper
I just listened to a phone interview that Fox News did with Brad Cooper on Monday. He sounded very distraught and said that she would never leave. Also - he said when she ran she was sometimes gone 1 to 2 hours and she took NOTHING with her on her runs. No phone, no water, nothing.

There is actually a picture on the photo thread of Nancy running in a race in Alberta with both a running watch and either a GPS or walkman (it appears she has headphones on, although I could be mistaken). Why would she use all this gear in a race, but not on a training run? I have friends who train with an ipod, but would never wear one during a race.

There is actually a picture on the photo thread of Nancy running in a race in Alberta with both a running watch and either a GPS or walkman (it appears she has headphones on, although I could be mistaken). Why would she use all this gear in a race, but not on a training run? I have friends who train with an ipod, but would never wear one during a race.

I would think that her normal running partners might be able to tell what she normally had on her runs. They might even ask the sister (Krista) since she said Nancy was "training" her to run again.

I noticed that too. Her half marathon time in Sept 2007 was at a similar pace, just over 9 min a mile. Maybe she was really out of shape when she ran the 5k with HM. Was that around the time when she had her first child?

I was not able to find any race times for Jessica Adam. If JA was training, she wasn't doing so at the same 5k's as NC and CC.

My guess is that she was pushing a baby jogger during this race. I have done this for many of the "fun runs" here in town. I would never do it for a half marathon, but the 5ks are all about the cammaraderie, and if you have a little one who may be used to going for runs with mommy in the jogger, it's fun to include them. It does, however, slow you down - and usually you start at the back of the pack to be courteous to the other runners.

I am not sure how Nancy's running time relate to this case though. Are we saying that because sometimes her race times are "average", she really wasn't an intense runner, and therefore, it would be likely that she would go out for a leisurely run without timing devices? Help me on this one.

I do not think she ever went jogging that morning. Out consuming wine late the night before, expected at a friends' at 8am...doesn't make sense. I do half marathons and do my long runs on either Sat. or Sun. It changes each week, and usually depends on what my plans are the night before because I don't like being dehyrdrated for a 2 hour run. I also usually take the day BEFORE my long run off of running, so my long run is super productive. I read somewhere that Nancy ran on Friday with a friend. It would make sense to me that she would take Sat. off (especially being out the night before and having plans at 8am) and then do her long run on Sunday. Again, just in my opinion.

My guess is that she was pushing a baby jogger during this race. I have done this for many of the "fun runs" here in town. I would never do it for a half marathon, but the 5ks are all about the cammaraderie, and if you have a little one who may be used to going for runs with mommy in the jogger, it's fun to include them. It does, however, slow you down - and usually you start at the back of the pack to be courteous to the other runners.

I am not sure how Nancy's running time relate to this case though. Are we saying that because sometimes her race times are "average", she really wasn't an intense runner, and therefore, it would be likely that she would go out for a leisurely run without timing devices? Help me on this one.

I do not think she ever went jogging that morning. Out consuming wine late the night before, expected at a friends' at 8am...doesn't make sense. I do half marathons and do my long runs on either Sat. or Sun. It changes each week, and usually depends on what my plans are the night before because I don't like being dehyrdrated for a 2 hour run. I also usually take the day BEFORE my long run off of running, so my long run is super productive. I read somewhere that Nancy ran on Friday with a friend. It would make sense to me that she would take Sat. off (especially being out the night before and having plans at 8am) and then do her long run on Sunday. Again, just in my opinion.

Clea Morwick stated in a FoxNews interview that Nancy told her she was planning on "taking a jog" on Saturday morning. Also, I do believe that somewhere it was stated that Carrie stood Nancy up for a run on Friday. I'm not sure if Nancy went solo on Friday or not. I would guess since Jessica Adam states they make each other aware of their training runs, she would know about Friday. I do find it interesting that Jessica states she was not aware of Nancy's plan to run on Saturday, but Clea says Nancy told her those were her plans. Note: Clea does state in that same interview that she has spoken to Carrie and Carrie did not have plans to run w/ Nancy on Saturday AM.

As I've mentioned previously, I am an avid morning exerciser (and yes, I've trained for races as well). I go no matter if I've gone to bed late or if I've had a few drinks the night before or if I have plans to be somewhere in the morning immediately following my workout. What's normal for some is not normal for others.

As for her running time, at one point it was mentioned that she had Olympic hopes at one point. Someone brought up her running time and it was quickly noted that she probably had a little one and might have been a tad out of shape. I there was considerable interest b/c in that race she was running with Heather M.

As I've mentioned previously, I am an avid morning exerciser (and yes, I've trained for races as well). I go no matter if I've gone to bed late or if I've had a few drinks the night before or if I have plans to be somewhere in the morning immediately following my workout. What's normal for some is not normal for others.

I wish I could say the same! If I have more than two drinks the night before, I feel pretty bad during exercise. This happened after having kids...but yes, everyone is different. And after reading the wide variety of posts on whether or not people think Nancy went jogging, I appreciate that even more. I just wish I knew what Nancy was more inclined to do. Was she one who would never be late to an 8am appointment? Would she try to fit a 4-5 miler in or would she bag it and hit it harder later? Would she ever leave for a run without a cell phone, as so many people say is perfectly normal, yet I would never do...? Was she super cautious or would it be not a big deal for her to vary off of the beaten path?

I wish I could say the same! If I have more than two drinks the night before, I feel pretty bad during exercise. This happened after having kids...but yes, everyone is different. And after reading the wide variety of posts on whether or not people think Nancy went jogging, I appreciate that even more. I just wish I knew what Nancy was more inclined to do. Was she one who would never be late to an 8am appointment? Would she try to fit a 4-5 miler in or would she bag it and hit it harder later? Would she ever leave for a run without a cell phone, as so many people say is perfectly normal, yet I would never do...? Was she super cautious or would it be not a big deal for her to vary off of the beaten path?

Oh, sometimes I definitely feel bad and definitely feel like sleeping in, but it's my only time to get my exercise in. My daily plans w/ the kids often interfere w/ any attempts to exercise at a later time (plus the heat around here).

I agree, we need more information about what was normal for Nancy.

"As for her running time, at one point it was mentioned that she had Olympic hopes at one point. Someone brought up her running time and it was quickly noted that she probably had a little one and might have been a tad out of shape. I there was considerable interest b/c in that race she was running with Heather M.[/QUOTE]"
that is a quote from CarolinaLady that I messed up when I tried to cut it up...I am obviously stupid newbie..

I found this from the News and Observer:
Cooper had played competitive ringette, a game similar to hockey, in Canada and at one point hoped to play ice sports at the Olympic level, ...

Just so I'll know.

The server switching is going to go on for weeks isn't it?

I run with no ID, nothing other than a house key (and not even that when I know someone will be at home), no timing device, MP3 player, pedometer or anything. My average run is about 4-5 miles but I can go as far as 8 and as low as 2 depending on time available to me.

In my mind I have a pretty good idea in advance how far I'm running. Even when I go on a new route I have an idea within 5-10% of how long it is. I can always check it back with the Google pedometer, and as for timing I just make a note of when I left the house.

The only thing I wouldn't do is go down a dead end - in fact I never go back on myself but make a complete circuit on any route; however I think I'm pretty unusual in that respect.

So yeah, not only do I travel that light but any lighter and I'd be shedding clothes.

Missed the second page of the thread Bob 'n Bob - at the end of the first page other runners were commenting on how they ran.

The point is that there is nothing suspicious about the lack of an ID on the body of a runner - it doesn't indicate that anyone is trying to delay identification of the body or that the body was disposed of from inside the home, leaving ID behind.

FWIW, it appears Nancy's friends haven't forgotten her.........I've wondered, IF the running thing actually wasn't Nancy's idea and Brad's competitive spirit embraced it. I wonder if he was determined to make himself show better in these meets than Nancy? It's said by her friends that Brad told Nancy that she had a 'secondary role' in the family and HE was the sole breadwinner. I just can't see him letting Nancy show him up as far as placing better than him.

Just a thought,
fran

http://nancycooper.blogspot.com/2008_08_01_archive.html

So I'm sitting here watching the Olympics, and just wanted to share a few things about Nancy...

- She had Olympic dreams in women's ice hockey, but was sidelined by a knee injury.

Gerry is a runner, too. "Runs" in the family.

It's good to see DD posting about NC, though.

FWIW, it appears Nancy's friends haven't forgotten her.... ~snip~

http://nancycooper.blogspot.com/2008_08_01_archive.html

So I'm sitting here watching the Olympics, and just wanted to share a few things about Nancy...

- She had Olympic dreams in women's ice hockey, but was sidelined by a knee injury.

Thanks for sharing that link, Fran. I'm glad to see her friends remembering her that way and focusing on the positive aspects of her life. Nancy was indeed loved by many.

Y/W FD! :)

It seems Nancy had many very good friends. In that respect, she was a lucky woman. In addition, the friends were lucky to have known her.

imo
fran

I saw that Fran. They chose a really good picture of her. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck