Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit I’m now feeling just a little sorry for Olivia, she comes across as so immature and attention seeking, almost histrionic. I think the poor girl needs at least some real life experiences to bring her down to the real world. It’s like she’s been living in some sort of fake, idealistic alternate reality. I still cannot wrap my head around her mother promoting this.

Last edited:
I think most ironic thing is that a rich person can give a huge donation to the school (perfectly legal) and have their offspring admitted. These people should have donated money to the school instead of bribes to get their offspring in. Especially the very rich ones.

I think most ironic thing is that a rich person can give a huge donation to the school (perfectly legal) and have their offspring admitted. These people should have donated money to the school instead of bribes to get their offspring in. Especially the very rich ones.

And don’t they get it named after them or at least a plaque?

The IRS, which has been investigating the criminal case jointly with the FBI, has said it is looking into the parents' payments.

Though prosecutors outlined the tax deduction scheme when the parents were arrested last month, none of them have been charged with tax evasion. Some experts suspect officials are holding the additional charge, among others, over the parents in an attempt to convince them to quickly plead guilty.

Some parents are accused of paying Singer's charity through their own family foundations, which could face their own set of civil penalties and lose their tax-exempt status, experts say.

Parents Could Face Tax Charges, Big Fines in College Admissions Scam

Wealthy parents appear in court in college admissions scam

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads