GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 Facts About Olivia Jade That Lori Loughlin Wishes Were Swept Under The Rug

I particularly like the item, that Olivia Jade was in Fiji the first week of school at USC!

Yes! # 16 is my favorite too:
(16) SHE DIDN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT GETTING AN EDUCATION
It's truly tragic that Lori Loughlin is in so much hot water over trying to get her daughter into USC, because Olivia Jade never seemed to care about getting an education in the first place.

When she was in high school, she tweeted that "it's so hard to try in school when you don't care about anything you're learning." Then, during her first week of college in August, she didn't even bother attending her classes and instead spent the week in Fiji.

(She also said something about being interested in campus social events for the experience but did not show interest in her classes of course. It bugs me that she couldn't have cared less, likely glad to be out of classes.)

Last edited:
Such a joke. And not in a good way :mad:

And so avoidable. This wasn't trying to get a child who actually cared about college into a prestigious university. Why not just set up OJ to go to the local community college? Or some state school, UNLV is pretty easy to get into. University of Arizona...sure, those schools may not have the "cachet" of USC, but OJ could have still gone to parties and decorated her dorm room. :p

Such a joke. And not in a good way :mad:

images

And so avoidable. This wasn't trying to get a child who actually cared about college into a prestigious university. Why not just set up OJ to go to the local community college? Or some state school, UNLV is pretty easy to get into. University of Arizona...sure, those schools may not have the "cachet" of USC, but OJ could have still gone to parties and decorated her dorm room. :p

Because community college and in and out-of-state schools are beneath the Giannulli's.

Remember Moss' remark to Singer about ASU -

“We just met with [our older daughter’s] college counselor this am,” Giannulli wrote in an email, according to the documents. “I’d like to maybe sit with you after your session with the girls as I have some concerns and want to fully understand the game plan and make sure we have a roadmap for success as it relates to [our daughter] and getting her into a school other than ASU!”

College bribery defendant bashes ASU, court docs say

Because community college and in and out-of-state schools are beneath the Giannulli's.

Remember Moss' remark to Singer about ASU -

“We just met with [our older daughter’s] college counselor this am,” Giannulli wrote in an email, according to the documents. “I’d like to maybe sit with you after your session with the girls as I have some concerns and want to fully understand the game plan and make sure we have a roadmap for success as it relates to [our daughter] and getting her into a school other than ASU!”

College bribery defendant bashes ASU, court docs say
Exactly, they're too good for anything other than the most affluent. It’s obvious from their attitudes and behaviors that they’re all about outward appearance and status. Not to mention the off the charts entitlement mentality. SMH

Exactly, they're too good for anything other than the most affluent. It’s obvious from their attitudes and behaviors that they’re all about outward appearance and status. Not to mention the off the charts entitlement mentality. SMH

Agreed. "Roadmap to Success", I guess that means a wealthy parent who will do anything to get their kids into USC.

After all, attending a state university on your own merit is completely worthless, according to these folks.

I see a mom with no college degree trying to give her daughters the things she missed out on. But, as the saying goes, “We try so hard to give our children things we didn’t have, that they didn’t get what we had.” I realize these parents were at a different level of society, but I have more empathy for LL than her daughters or hubby. Even Moms who seem to have it all still have a tougher time of it than their male counterparts.

By Sarah Guy
12/31/19 AT 1:51 PM

College Admissions Scandal Update: Lori Loughlin's New 'Fight' As She Prepares For 'Inevitable' Future

"She's knuckling down, learning the lingo and practicing martial arts to give off the impression she's tough and to ward off potential bullies," a source revealed. They later added that "Prison is going to be sink or swim and Lori doesn't intend to sit back and take the abuse without a fight"..:mad:

Continuing, they said, "Besides the physical training she's getting lots of advice from prison professors on how to earn one's keep behind bars. It's a sure sign she knows deep down she's facing an inevitable stretch :eek: and will need to be prepared."

By Sarah Guy
12/31/19 AT 1:51 PM

College Admissions Scandal Update: Lori Loughlin's New 'Fight' As She Prepares For 'Inevitable' Future

"She's knuckling down, learning the lingo and practicing martial arts to give off the impression she's tough and to ward off potential bullies," a source revealed. They later added that "Prison is going to be sink or swim and Lori doesn't intend to sit back and take the abuse without a fight"..:mad:

Continuing, they said, "Besides the physical training she's getting lots of advice from prison professors on how to earn one's keep behind bars. It's a sure sign she knows deep down she's facing an inevitable stretch :eek: and will need to be prepared."

That's the smartest thing she's done so far LOL

That's the smartest thing she's done so far LOL

Such a shame she didn't plea right away to just one felony count and then she likely would have only had to serve a few months. With only 3 months she could have been out just in time for Christmas like Teresa Giudice got out a couple days before Christmas. I wonder what plea she could get now?

If she can plea to 1 felony count, that won't give her alot of time behind bars. Prison time is up to the judge and highly influenced by the pre-sentencing/probation department -- not the prosecutors.

The prosecutors wanted Felicity to get 4 then 1 month but the judge went with the pre-sentencing guidelines and her own volition instead. Actually pre-sentencing recommended no jail time but the judge told her:

"I do think this is the right sentence here," Talwani says. The sentence lets "you move forward and you can rebuild your life after this. You pay your dues." Without it, Talwani says, she would face a future of "the community asking you why you got away with this."

At Felicity Huffman’s sentencing, here’s how the drama unfolded - The Boston Globe

Last edited:
Lol. Martial Arts.

Give me a break.

Ain't that the truth. Seriously?! Does she think that some "toughs" are going to do a beat down on her? Hardly.

She just doesn't get "it". Prison bullying is an absolute art form, social order dynamics at the highest level. You find a group that you fit with, if you don't find your "group" that is the problem.

Lori Loughlin Might Face 2 to 3 Years in Prison if Found Guilty in College Admissions Case: Expert

Legal analyst Dan Abrams shared his prediction for the famous couple on 'Good Morning America'
By Steve Helling
November 19, 2019 11:30 AM

"In newly released court transcripts obtained by by Good Morning America,
(4:57 video clip)

the judge in the case has been harshly critical of many defendants, telling one of them that he must “pay a substantial and conspicuous price for such unconscionable conduct.”

I posted this because I've been researching how much time Lori could possibly get and I found this interesting -- just in case anyone else is interested.

Last edited:
20 Facts About Olivia Jade That Lori Loughlin Wishes Were Swept Under The Rug

I particularly like the item, that Olivia Jade was in Fiji the first week of school at USC!

Excellent list about Olivia Jade, it's the following which make me subscribe to my dear late mother's belief that school should be for serious students only (and Mom was a teacher for many years):

15. Olivia Jade mostly just wanted to go to college parties
16. She didn't even care about getting an education

I also read the following when it was first released:

Lori Loughlin told her daughters they needed to do better in high school, court records show - The Boston Globe

Hollywood star Lori Loughlin urged her daughters to do better in high school before she and her husband later entered into an alleged scheme to get them admitted to USC as fake crew recruits, court records allege.

High school grades and attendance really do count and will predict the success of a student at college. While Lori Loughlin seems to have known that, I cannot for the life of me understand why she did not drill that into her daughters during their teen years. Teaching one's kids good study habits, self-discipline, the drive to succeed is what matters. Instead of living on social media 24/7, mobile devices, the sort of lifestyle Lori's daughters had. That's fine if her daughters do not want to attend college, better they do not, and instead allow someone who is enthusiastic about academics (!) and doing well at college on his or her own merits. Finally, to develop measurable academic achievements, such as being the managing editor of the school newspaper or winner of a fiction or poetry contest in the college's literary publication. Because I quite honestly cannot see either of Lori's daughters doing any of the latter.

Whether Lori Loughlin goes to prison for college admissions scandal depends on jury selection, attorney says

Fighting college admission scandal charges in court may be an uphill battle for actor Lori Loughlin, but whether she goes to prison or returns to her California home could hinge on her attorneys' ability to select the right jury, legal experts said.

"It all depends on how the picture is painted and how the jury sees them," Lara Yeretsian, a criminal defense attorney, told Newsweek. "You can win or lose a case with jury selection."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member