GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never asked our kids to help with FAFSA. Why? And it would have been smart to ask for help as we never qualified and I heard of people who made way more than we did that did get help or they were lying.

just like with taxes. Ask an expert.

@human you should have just emancipated your kids at age 16, so they are independent. I don't know why I didn't think about doing that. Gosh knows, I wanted to kick my daughter out a few times when she was 16.

The most important thing is not who filled out her application but is this application true?
And did she electronically sign the application?

These things listed are not true. I thought she/they only lied that she rowed but no, according to this specific page of the application:

https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/5ltc8oubb47lc6d4/images/2-cef902a27b.jpg

she was in charge of the steering and how hard to row etc... and also that she won 5 medals. I didn't realize how much she/they lied.

They say she's a Coxswain, that is the boat leader, she was not just an oarsman which I originally thought was how they put it.

This is way more than her simply being an oarsman of a rowing team which in itself is a big lie.

So parents lied, OJ lied, and Singer's people who filled out the application lied, and Singer oversaw it all and lied. Wow..:eek: All this non-credible detail....:confused:..false attention to detail!

Last edited:
We never asked our kids to help with FAFSA. Why? And it would have been smart to ask for help as we never qualified and I heard of people who made way more than we did that did get help or they were lying.

just like with taxes. Ask an expert.
This is so true. I am a current college student and FAFSA is ridiculously filled with loopholes, traps, and an all-out obstacle course that only someone that knows what they are doing can do correctly.

I predicted that LL would state complete ignorance about everything. And she may be able to get away with that.

MM is the one that there is more direct evidence and involvement.

But, I admit that I had no clue what my kids put on their college applications, I didn't read the application or file it.

So, their plan to plead ignorance, does that throw OJ under the bus? Nice parents. I guess that lying in a college application is not a crime. It does lack ethics though.

Who Wrote This Page?
I have followed thread only intermittently, but ^ not written from POV of student, parent, or h/s teacher/counselor. Sorry if already covered. @Cool Cats---thanks for link.:)
Seems to have been written by someone at or associated w USC or the scam, based on below:
- code ("USC00003694") at bottom right of page. I wonder what was redacted from bottom left.
- language, indicating written by USC affiliate, such as "would fill the position of our #3 boat" and "her sister" and "our roster" and "our #4 boat" and "she is highly talented."

Is it possible Rick Singer or a minion ghost-wrote this for someone at USC?

Who Wrote This Page?
I have followed thread only intermittently, but ^ not written from POV of student, parent, or h/s teacher/counselor. Sorry if already covered. @Cool Cats---thanks for link.:)
Seems to have been written by someone at or associated w USC or the scam, based on below:
- code ("USC00003694") at bottom right of page. I wonder what was redacted from bottom left.
- language, indicating written by USC affiliate, such as "would fill the position of our #3 boat" and "her sister" and "our roster" and "our #4 boat" and "she is highly talented."

Prosecutors have released one of the daughters’ fake crew profiles, which outlines her alleged accomplishments as a crew athlete.

By Stephanie Pagones Stephanie Pagones is a digital reporter for Fox business.
FOXBusiness

FROM THIS MSM ARTICLE:
Prosecutors slam Lori Loughlin, Mossimo Giannulli, release daughter's fake crew resume

COMES THIS LINK:
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE CREW RESUME SUBMITTED FOR ONE OF THE GIANNULLI DAUGHTERS

Last edited:
Who Wrote This Page?

I thought you wanted MSM verification on the link to the official "fake" crew resume.
My post going to the one page doesn't specify that.

As I re-read your post it appears you are wondering who wrote the actual resume.

I agree with your point that it sounds like it's written in the first person by a USC affiliate.

But that poses more questions for me such as,
why would a USC athletic affiliate write that:

"her sister is currently on our roster and fills the position of our #4 boat, "
when we have been told through the indictment that both girls did not row at all?
Why would a professional USC employee lie like that and jeopardize their job?

Also, how did Bella get to attend USC but at the same time NOT try to get on the rowing team? Not row at all? When clearly she used fake rowing credentials as well. Didn't USC personnel notice? The rowing coach?

Also, a defense excuse I have read - opinion unless I locate link - is that you can be a walk on with no experience and thus try out for the team anyway.

That excuse doesn't cut mustard because why do they know they have walk-ons trying out with no experience? Because the students tell them the truth!

Those honest students did not lie saying they were experienced, nor lie to get into the college in the first place. The walk-on tryouts are legitimate students not faking anything. They have to first be admitted to the college, not the other way around where you say you are a rower and then afterwards get admitted.

Last edited:
A bit O/T
Giannulli daughter's fake crew team profile <--- titled "Student Profile"

If ^ form is any indication of how the athletic dept documents team/player recruitment & decision-making, USC is not wasting $$$ on newfangled technology.:D
The primitive appearance of form itself looks like it was made by cranking a pre-Xerox, 1960's spirit duplicator machine (a.k.a. mimeograph) for copying a form typed on a manual Smith Corona.

University of Southern California · Tuition

$58,195 USD (2019)

Last edited:
I thought you wanted MSM verification on the link to the official "fake" crew resume.
My post going to the one page doesn't specify that.
As I re-read your post it appears you are wondering who wrote the actual resume.
I agree with your point that it sounds like it's written in the first person by a USC affiliate.
But that poses more questions for me such as,
why would a USC athletic affiliate write that:
"her sister is currently on our roster and fills the position of our #4 boat, "
when we have been told through the indictment that both girls did not row at all?
Why would a professional USC employee lie like that and jeopardize their job?
Also, how did Bella get to attend USC but at the same time NOT try to get on the rowing team? Not row at all? When clearly she used fake rowing credentials as well. Didn't USC personnel notice? The rowing coach?
Also, a defense excuse I have read - opinion unless I locate link - is that you can be a walk on with no experience and thus try out for the team anyway.
That excuse doesn't cut mustard because why do they know they have walk-ons trying out with no experience? Because the students tell them the truth!
Those honest students did not lie saying they were experienced, nor lie to get into the college in the first place. The walk-on tryouts are legitimate students not faking anything. They have to first be admitted to the college, not the other way around where you say you are a rower and then afterwards get admitted.
@Cool Cats bbm sbm Thanks for your other link, which absolutely nails the 'resume.'
Yes, seems like USC staffer writing it would risk job, but a few in uni world have.
Your point about the order/timing of walk-on's admission & try-out is a good one. TYVM.

OJ's Coxswain Resume
Someone at Singer’s organization finished OJ’s application. There is an email from LL asking for Singer’s help with the application because OJ didn’t know how to complete it.
As far as the coxswain resume, I believe that was put together and written by Donna Heinel at USC.
@JerseyGirl Thanks for this info. Before posting in hour or two, if I had 'read back' I would have seen this. Makes sense that resume was written by someone at USC. From USC writer's POV, phrasing ("our #3 boat" etc) in that last paragraph is approp.
The puzzling part is what someone here said about some of teams/clubs/competitions: phony baloney.

OJ's Coxswain Resume
@JerseyGirl Thanks for this info. Before posting in hour or two, if I had 'read back' I would have seen this. Makes sense that resume was written by someone at USC. From USC writer's POV, phrasing ("our #3 boat" etc) in that last paragraph is approp.
The puzzling part is what someone here said about some of teams/clubs/competitions: phony baloney.
Yes, phony baloney and outright lies here:
“her sister is currently on our roster and fills the position of our #4 boat, ". So odd no one ever noticed this sister wasn’t even on the rowing team.

@human you should have just emancipated your kids at age 16, so they are independent. I don't know why I didn't think about doing that. Gosh knows, I wanted to kick my daughter out a few times when she was 16.

As a FAFSA helper to college going people and a parent who has filled out lots of FAFSA forms, you can just get off the hook by emancipating them. It is just a bit more complicated. The folks I work with have two FSA ID-- one for parent/guardian and one for student. Getting everyone on board with FAFSA not only helps with FA but with many scholarship programs and some grant programs. Many scholarship and grant programs want your FAFSA as part of their determination process, even if the scholarship or grant is not need dependent.

As a FAFSA helper to college going people and a parent who has filled out lots of FAFSA forms, you CAN'T just get off the hook by emancipating them. It is just a bit more complicated. The folks I work with have two FSA ID-- one for parent/guardian and one for student. Getting everyone on board with FAFSA not only helps with FA but with many scholarship programs and some grant programs. Many scholarship and grant programs want your FAFSA as part of their determination process, even if the scholarship or grant is not need dependent.

FIXED major typo. Shouldn't type late at night. can should be CAN'T

Prosecutors have released one of the daughters’ fake crew profiles, which outlines her alleged accomplishments as a crew athlete.

By Stephanie Pagones Stephanie Pagones is a digital reporter for Fox business.
FOXBusiness

FROM THIS MSM ARTICLE:
Prosecutors slam Lori Loughlin, Mossimo Giannulli, release daughter's fake crew resume

COMES THIS LINK:
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE CREW RESUME SUBMITTED FOR ONE OF THE GIANNULLI DAUGHTERS
Thanks for posting this. Page 2 is a stunning bullet-point list of fraudulent coxswain leadership wins. She lists competition placement in approx 15 rowing regattas over FOUR YEARS, including regional silver & gold awards. WOW. I can see framing one’s accomplishments in the best possible light using all the right adjectives, but to state you took third place in a major event you never even attended is incredible. That resume took serious time & effort to research & create. Standing ovation to prosecutors for releasing that. Takes the crime to a whole new level imo.

Thanks for posting this. Page 2 is a stunning bullet-point list of fraudulent coxswain leadership wins. She lists competition placement in approx 15 rowing regattas over FOUR YEARS, including regional silver & gold awards. WOW. I can see framing one’s accomplishments in the best possible light using all the right adjectives, but to state you took third place in a major event you never even attended is incredible. That resume took serious time & effort to research & create. Standing ovation to prosecutors for releasing that. Takes the crime to a whole new level imo.
I totally agree! I can't imagine the audacity and arrogance and delusions of grander L&M had to have in order to let this resume get turned in to USC.

And you can bet dollars to doughnuts L&M read through it with a fine tooth comb then praised Singer for his attention to detail and how glad they are that he is getting the right result for OJ to have a path to success. They fawned over him in this type of way in the indictment.

The prosecution will have a field day in front of the jury and the jury will roll their eyes, all in my opinion.

Lori Loughlin's lawyers want her trial moved to 2021 because of the amount of evidence

CYDNEY HENDERSON | USA TODAY
7:45 p.m. EST Feb. 13, 2020

Lori Loughlin's lawyers want her trial moved back to 2021

According to court documents obtained by USA TODAY, Loughlin and Giannulli's attorney, Sean Berkowitz, argues that they will not be ready for trial until next year due to "substantial evidence and the general complexity of the case." He says the government is still producing a "large volume of outstanding discovery" that includes "over 44,000 pages" turned over in January.

Prosecutors have provided the defense with more than 1.9 million documents, consisting of more than 3.2 million pages :eek: and more than 300 hours of audio and video.

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Lori Loughlin's lawyers want her trial moved to 2021 because of the amount of evidence

CYDNEY HENDERSON | USA TODAY
7:45 p.m. EST Feb. 13, 2020

Lori Loughlin's lawyers want her trial moved back to 2021

According to court documents obtained by USA TODAY, Loughlin and Giannulli's attorney, Sean Berkowitz, argues that they will not be ready for trial until next year due to "substantial evidence and the general complexity of the case." He says the government is still producing a "large volume of outstanding discovery" that includes "over 44,000 pages" turned over in January.

Prosecutors have provided the defense with more than 1.9 million documents, consisting of more than 3.2 million pages :eek: and more than 300 hours of audio and video.
They probably need the extra year to try to find SOME witness who can verify OJ rowed for at least one of those 15 regattas listed on her resume. :eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
They probably need the extra year to try to find SOME witness who can verify OJ rowed for at least one of those 15 regattas listed on her resume. :eek:
No one would touch that with a 10 foot oar ...err...pole.

Monday, Feb 17th 2020 7 pm

Former competitive rowers speak out about college bribery scandal | Daily Mail Online

Former competitive rowers speak out about how Olivia Jade claimed to be part of an LA rowing club that didn't exist :rolleyes: while real estate developer's daughter pretended to be on their elite California team but didn't know what type of boat they used..o_O

Team must exist and know your boat!

A Beginner's Guide to Rowing Crew - RowingReviews.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads