Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Latest: Brown says athlete review finds no concerns

Latest on this story from AP.

Golfer Phil Mickelson says he is among “thousands” who used a college consulting company accused of orchestrating a massive bribery scheme.

Mickelson said on Twitter Thursday that his family was “shocked” by the recent revelations about William “Rick” Singer. Mickelson emphasized that his family was not involved in any fraud.

The golfer has not been charged with a crime or implicated in the bribery scandal.

IKR?

USC is really a laughingstock in academic circles.

But it’s NOT about academics. It’s about getting access to really powerful, rich people - that bit with Olivia on the yacht didn’t just happen without some powerful pushing from mommy & daddy

I was recruited by USC back in the day for academics. I remember thinking I want to get a college education, not party.

Also I believe free tutors are readily available on college campuses, as part of your tuition. I tutored when I was in school, it was a well paying part time job for me. My stepson just graduated from a state school and was a tutor in the math and science department. There are free resources available if you are willing to put in the work.

I think these status spotlight parents use their kids as another trophy on their shelf. They’ll do whatever it takes because it will reflect poorly on them if their kids aren’t the best, even if it means lying and commiting felonies apparently.

One thing I wanted to say is that in the situation with the Walton heir kids, there has NEVER been a situation where the kids themselves ever showed that "don't you know who I am" behavior in town. If they ever (seldom) went to a WalMart they stood in line like everybody else. They were raised to never use that WalMart name in public. Now the parents pushed the envelope (and still do).

JMO

Lol, Why would they ever go to a Walmart to purchase their products? I cannot imagine there is anything that they would want there

Last edited:
That was actually very interesting!

"As Edwards explains, “The camera in the courtroom never picks up the ‘soul’ of a hearing or trial; it is a cold eye, without depth or emotion. Courtroom illustration has to tell a story at a glance; emotion, body language, clothing style and fit all describe the wearer. ”

"She draws from her background as a fashion illustrator to pull in the meaning of a subject’s style. And Loughlin’s contained multitudes, in her tight mouth and heavily shadowed eyes; her arms crossed in front of her body in that classic “I am beyond reproach” stance.

“Loughlin had her arms crossed in a fairly deflective and defensive pose, almost the entirety of the hearing,” Edwards says. “In the sketch, I wanted to show her pose: straight, unflinching, perhaps angry. She certainly looked the part!” Loughlin’s polished high-neck sweater seems to say she knows how to do an understated courtroom look, but wouldn’t want anyone to forget she has an incredible amount of money and can use it to get whatever she wants. A pricey blowout, for example. Someone else’s spot at a competitive university. That kind of thing.

“She was very well put together — hair, makeup — as if she had time to get ready and look great for her ‘appearance,’” Edwards explains. “Her choice of white turtleneck was perhaps a statement of purity and innocence?”

And there it is folks: This is why they bribe a fake charity $1,000,000 to push their disinterested children to fake entrance to a school where they will meet other kids of rich and famous people.

Felony mail fraud and IRS tax fraud.

Facing prison terms, sanctions, massive expenses

Lori and Mossimo couldnt just let their daughters grow up to be whomever they are going to be

bbm

Agreeing with you, but just wanted to point out they paid $500,000 for both girls. Not 500k each. :)

"The son of Beverly Hills marketing CEO Jane Buckingham, whose mom allegedly took part in the nationwide college cheating scandal, apologized, saying he’s upset he was 'unknowingly involved' in the scheme."

https://nypost.com/2019/03/14/son-apologizes-for-moms-alleged-role-in-college-admissions-scandal/

From the link, BBM.

Jack’s mom, parenting book author Jane Buckingham, was charged Tuesday along with 33 other parents in the massive college cheating scandal.

SNL skits wrote themselves this week.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads