Navy ship made from ruins of the WTC christened

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by czechmate7, Mar 1, 2008.

1. czechmate7

czechmate7 Former Member

2. Loading...

3. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

I just read about this on another forum. One poster said that it is really bad mojo and I think I agree. It's doesn't seem quite right to me.

4. philamena

philamena Former Member

I know several Navy personal who worked on the New York. She was built with the most respect, care and diligence of any ship ever built in the USA.
    May she safely sail.

5. czechmate7

czechmate7 Former Member

Here is another article I found. I'm not sure how I feel about it.....Initially I thought it was an honorable thing...but now I'm kinda feeling like vicki...maybe some bad mojo...It is made from WTC steel and weathered Katrina...It's been through so much even before its maiden voyage!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23425455/?GT1=43001

6. Elphaba

Elphaba Defying Gravity...

I keep thinking back to the great phoenix that rose from the ashes: this ship is yet another testament to the fact that we have done as such, both literally and figuratively. The terrorists may think they got one over on us when 9/11/2001 came to pass... but we did not bend, we only got stronger... we have fought back and will keep fighting back.

Terrorist irony: taking down the towers and celebrating under the assumption that they have weakened us... to only find that outside their window we have just pulled up in their waters stronger than ever before, in a defense component that they are no match for... built from the metal of those towers.

7. deanws

deanws Former Member

WOW...great post! :blowkiss:

8. SieSie

SieSie Active Member

I'll second that "Great Post", deanws!! :clap: :clap:

9. sherri79

sherri79 Former Member

:clap: :clap: well said. this is not evidence of a tragedy we suffered but a tragedy we survived.