NC NC - Allen Croft, 46, Durham, 11 May 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your kinds words. 2 of her three children are grown with families of their own. The youngest sadly, passed away from lukemia while in jr high. She was one of the happiest kids even with what happend to her mother and then getting sick. The other 2 children still miss their mother, but they have thrived beyond everyones wildest expectations. They have no interest any longer in finding out what happened. It still is painful for them, but they have chosen not to dwell on it and let it rule or ruin their lives. Her mother was the same way. Lived to the ripe old age of 89 and enjoyed every day to the fullest and enjoyed her grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Please read this info on NC Medical Examiners....

The North Carolina Medical Examiner System is a network of over 600 medical doctors throughout North Carolina who voluntarily devote their time, energy, and medical expertise to see that deaths of a suspicious, unusual or unnatural nature are adequately investigated. At the county level, medical practitioners are appointed by the Chief Medical Examiner for three-year terms as county medical examiners. In counties where there are no physicians willing or able to serve, non-physicians may be appointed to serve as acting medical examiners. By law, medical examiners must be notified when a death occurs in their county that falls within the statutorily defined categories. The county medical examiners take charge of the body of the deceased and conduct such examination as is necessary to properly determine the cause and manner of death. These duties are all in addition to their normal roles as private practitioners. In evaluating a case, they must consult with law enforcement officers, relatives, and/or other individuals who may have knowledge of the circumstances surrounding the death. They conduct a physical examination of the body to detect or rule out signs of violence. On many occasions, they visit the place where the death occurred or where the body was found in order to gather more data. In some instances, in order to properly complete their investigation, they may decide that an autopsy is necessary. The law gives them the authority to order an autopsy should they deem it advisable. Such an autopsy is performed by a pathologist who has been designated by the Chief Medical Examiner as competent and capable of performing the examination. Most of these pathologists are in private practice, like the medical examiners, and participate on a voluntary basis. They report their findings to the county medical examiners, who must consider them when they render their opinion as to the cause and manner of death. Twenty-four pathology groups around the state perform such medicolegal autopsies in addition to the OCME and the Mecklenburg medical examinersÆ office.

An autopsy is not mandatory unless there are signs of foul play. After conducting the investigation and talking with his wife, somone somewhere deemed it non-suspicious. After that there is nothing else LE can do. In my opinion that might have been where things started to go wrong. I would find out who is the ME for the city of Durham and start there. If you have not already done that.

God bless you, and them! Jesus knows the suffering, and how much people can handle. So much pain, and my heart goes out to your family!
I have put it in God's capable hands, and have faith he will bring peace, in his time...

Amen to that. :blowkiss:

I would imagine that LE said it was a suicide and that was the end of that. They probably didn't see a need for an autopsy after hearing from LE. It will be interesting to see what the forensic people have to say at the college. First of all I would like to know if the bullet is on the side of his head where a right or left hand person...which ever your brother was...would shoot themself.
I've seen a few shows...true storys...where that is how it was deemed not to be a suicide because of the hand a person would have used to shot with. The one I saw the other night the bullet was on the left side and the man was right handed...I believe...and the ME said no way would he have held the gun with his right hand and shot to the left..it would have been to awkward. A lot of time the killer that sets a murder up to look like a suicide doesn't know which hand the victim actually uses. I'll bet LE didn't know if your brother was left or right handed.

When whoever wants to talk to your mom you might start her out on the phone and then she can say that she would like them to talk to her daughter.
I don't see how they could say no.

Keep us posted. It sounds like you are making some headway.

I haven't been able to go to the college yet, my engine blew up in my car, and I have to beg rides to get groceries. I am praying I can get it fixed soon, because I have to go see the professor, and personal doctor appointments....
He was left handed, and shot on the right side. His body was found with him laying on his back, his head was facing right. His left arm was stretched over to the right, touching the ground. His right arm was under his right thigh, and the gun was under his right calf, facing right. There is NO way possible for him to have shot himself and fall in this position! There is absolutely NO GSR on the entrance wound, nor on his clothes, nor splatter on the gun! From the picture it is clean as a whistle! LE refuses to tell us the GSR results on his hands, my reason is, because there is none! They did a shoddy job, nobody cared! There are many details that does not add up to suicide. I KNOW in my heart he didn't, and was murdered for his money.

I hope that you are able to get your car fixed. Your luck sounds like my kind of luck. I swear if it isn't one thing it is another. There are so many miles on my truck that it is scary and when it stops running I'll be riding the city bus!
I hate asking people to take me places but sometime I have to do that too.

You are right....how could he have shot himself in the head on the right side with his left hand...it would have been way to awkward if not impossible. I'll bet LE has no idea which had he used. I hope you get to the professers soon.

How long had your brother and his wife been married? Had you or your mom ever met her or been around the two of them to see how they interacted? It would be interesting if you could talk to some of their friends who would have an idea what kind of a marriage they had but that is probably impossible. Did you say that your brother's boss gave his computer to someone? Can you find out who has it? Did you ask your brother's boss if there was anyone in the company that your brother was friends with? There must be some guys who work there that your brother hung out with or spent more time with then others. It would be interesting to talk with some one that he was friends with and ask them some questions. Would that be possible do you think?

We told LE he was left handed from the moment we found out. They didn't care! They had reached their conclusion, and wasn't interested in what we had to say! They did NO tests on the gun, or the note! I just talked to Dr Butts yesterday, and INSISTED he tell us the GSR results to his hands, which he claimed he still did not know! He told me he would not give me any police reports, and Craig Hart was the ME that did the "exam." If you can call it that!
The detective in the sheriff's office gave his computer to his wife's brother, and a neighbor! His wife has avoided us, disconnected her phone, quit her job she had all during the marriage, and another job. So, since his death, she has cut herself off from the family, went through 2 jobs, and has not had anything to do with us since his death.
I have tried to speak to his friends at work, but his boss at IBM would not give me any names. I am sure he was told by his boss not to.
My brother was married for 7 years, and she was never close. My daughter went to visit them 5 years ago, and was only 10, and he was the one to fix her hair, and give her medicines, and she did nothing maternal!
There was no problems with her before his death, she was just evasive, and we did not question it. In hindsight, we wished we had.
There are more holes in this case than swiss cheese, and many rats!

Well it sounds like the only thing that you can do right now is take everything that you have to that college and have the forensic people look at the pictures that you have and see what they say. If they say that it isn't possible that it was a suicide then plan your next step. Did you say that you have been in contact with the Attorney General in the state your brother lived in? When you talk to the forensic people at the college have whoever write down his findings and why he believes what he does. Even if you have talked to the Attorney General in that state...if the forensic people say that it couldn't have been a suicide...I would contact the Attorney General of that state again and send him a copy of the forensic person's findings. That is all that I can think of for you to do.

If it has been a year since your brother died why wouldn't they have the tests for gun residue back yet? That doesn't make a lot of sense. I wonder if they even did any? It doesn't sound like they did anything. Maybe if LE think it is a suicide they just don't do anything except write a report and file it away.

Your brother's wife must have told the detective who to give your brother's computers to. I don't think a detective can just do that on their own. Were they computers from his home or work? I doubt that you will ever find out what might have been on the computers.

I hope that you can get to the college soon and see what they have to say. The professor should be able to tell a lot by looking at the photos that you have.

I called the sheriff's department, and medical examiner yesterday. A detective there I have spoke to several times previously, again, refused to answer my questions, and threatened me with legal action if I don't stop calling! I only call them maybe once a month, or two months. He was beyond rude, told me harshly "I," am over reacting, and for me to accept his death as a suicide! Then I contacted SBI, (Special Bureau of Investigations) they are the ones who did the GSR tests, and was told by them to contact the DA, and ask him for the results....LE has had the results for awhile, but have refused to tell us. They say it isn't under the FOIA?! I am more determined now to have legislation passed, for the family to have access to information, without having to go through the pain, I and many of us have suffered. As was told by someone on this site previously to do, and call it Jack's Law!
To honor him, and millions of others!
As far as his wife, she had LE "speak to her brother on her behalf." So, him and a neighbor both compromised his personal computer. His work computer was never even considered and never touched, that I know of...
As soon I get my car fixed, I am going straight to the college. But, if the DA will give us the GSR results, I should be able to have the case re-opened from there.....
I am positive the results are negative, and is why the LE have eluded our requests. I IMPLORE to anyone here to e-mail him, and request this information be released to us!!!!! The more pressure to be forthcoming I am sure would be a tremendous help!
Mike Nifong
Durham NC, DA
919-564-7100
Then press the 0 button on the phone to reach a live person, and request to speak to him, or even leave a voicemail message asking for the release to us.
Again, my brother's name is Allen J Croft Jr, and his DOD is May 11, 2005.
This test is the difference between suicide, and murder!
How many others I wonder have suffered the same injustice?! Their voices cry out for me to resolve these questions! Please help me, help them and their loved ones!

Justice4Jack said:
I called the sheriff's department, and medical examiner yesterday. A detective there I have spoke to several times previously, again, refused to answer my questions, and threatened me with legal action if I don't stop calling! I only call them maybe once a month, or two months. He was beyond rude, told me harshly "I," am over reacting, and for me to accept his death as a suicide! Then I contacted SBI, (Special Bureau of Investigations) they are the ones who did the GSR tests, and was told by them to contact the DA, and ask him for the results....LE has had the results for awhile, but have refused to tell us. They say it isn't under the FOIA?! I am more determined now to have legislation passed, for the family to have access to information, without having to go through the pain, I and many of us have suffered. As was told by someone on this site previously to do, and call it Jack's Law!
To honor him, and millions of others!
As far as his wife, she had LE "speak to her brother on her behalf." So, him and a neighbor both compromised his personal computer. His work computer was never even considered and never touched, that I know of...
As soon I get my car fixed, I am going straight to the college. But, if the DA will give us the GSR results, I should be able to have the case re-opened from there.....
I am positive the results are negative, and is why the LE have eluded our requests. I IMPLORE to anyone here to e-mail him, and request this information be released to us!!!!! The more pressure to be forthcoming I am sure would be a tremendous help!
Mike Nifong
Durham NC, DA
919-564-7100
Then press the 0 button on the phone to reach a live person, and request to speak to him, or even leave a voicemail message asking for the release to us.
Again, my brother's name is Allen J Croft Jr, and his DOD is May 11, 2005.
This test is the difference between suicide, and murder!
How many others I wonder have suffered the same injustice?! Their voices cry out for me to resolve these questions! Please help me, help them and their loved ones!
Good luck with Nifong, unless you promise to get him some serious votes. :silenced:

Well, the DA refuses to give us the information, and referred us back to the sheriff! That is all we have got, the run-a-round....Mr Nifong's assistant said she was unable to tell us, and that the sheriff's office had the results, not them, and to get it from them, which they refuse!
Yesterday the SBI said they have had the results for months, yet, they refuse to tell us?!?!?!
I already KNOW the results are NEGATIVE! That is why they have refused to comply!
I am not giving up, and now even more determined to NEVER give up!

Well, the DA refuses to give us the information, and referred us back to the sheriff! That is all we have got, the run-a-round....Mr Nifong's assistant said she was unable to tell us, and that the sheriff's office had the results, not them, and to get it from them, which they refuse!
Yesterday the SBI said they have had the results for months, yet, they refuse to tell us?!?!?!
I already KNOW the results are NEGATIVE! That is why they have refused to comply!
I am not giving up, and now even more determined to NEVER give up!

The stench that reeks from the county officials is repulsive! These people are elected officials, hired to protect, serve, and seek justice! The WHOLE system is a quagmire of incompetence, and corruption! They have made a mockery of what they ALL took oaths to obey, and conduct!
It is completely disgusting that more attention is brought to the local soccer team, and to cover up any wrongdoing they did, than to find and prosecute murderer's!!!!
Michael Peterson was not the only peron to kill a loved one!!! What about Janet Araboa, and my brother???? I am SURE there are others too!!!!!!
They put on a sickening facade of Durham being the BEST place to live, and run like the wind when people are being killed in their community!!!
Murders occur EVERY day, in EVERY city, and EVERY family member has a "Right To Know!"

Yes, here in Ohio, and there in Durham....Nobody called back....I still have some leads, and REFUSE to be discouraged!!!

If you can get me an email address or a mail address I would be glad to write a email or a letter. I don't have long distance due to having a teenager in the house!

I think I would let it lay for the moment until you can get to the college and see what the Professor has to say. I honestly don't know how much any of these LE places release about a deceased person. I know that Maura Murray's dad is going through the Supreme Court trying to get the police records on her disappearance. She is missing and it is an active...I hope...case while Jack is deceased so that might make a difference. Maybe I'll give our lead detective a call and ask him how much info is released on a case that has already been labled a suicide. I know we live in different states and maybe the rules are different but I'd like to hear what he says. I'm going camping tomorrow for a week or so and Probably won't have time to do it in the morning but I will when I get back.

It's to bad that you can't get an attorney to work with you. If you are like me you can't afford one though. Would it make a difference if your mother made the calls? I wouldn't think they would be that rude to a mother of a deceased son.

See if you can get an email address or a regular address and I will send a email or letter for you though. I guess I need to know your name so you might want to PM me that. I'd feel silly writing but not knowing who they have been giving the run around to!

Thank you so much for your prayers and kind words! I live in Cleveland, and we have far more homicides than Durham, and the revenue from taxes are also much higher. The problem is ineptness, and incompitence!
They have no excuse for not dong their jobs!
His case is closed as far as the sheriff is concerned. So, why then not tell us the GSR results?!
NO family should have to beg for these reports, and information concerning the death of their beloved ones!
I am now more determind to have legislation passed to change this, and give voices to the millions of voices, pleading to be heard!

If you want me to write a letter to the Prosecutor or whoever I need an address or I can't do it. A email address would be even better. In all honesty I don't know if they feel family members outside of your brother's wife has the right to know. I don't know how that works. Getting the GSR results seems like a little thing to me...something that shouldn't be a problem but maybe they don't give info to anyone but the wife. Maybe if your mom contacted them she would get better results as she is Jack's mother. I know I got really ticked off when LE wouldn't give me my daughter's journals after the sentencing. They said that they have to keep them in case of an appeal. Well there can't be an appeal because he plead guilty. They made copies for me but I wanted HER journals in her origional writing. I didn't get them of course. I don't what else they have that they wouldn't give back to me. It's bull but they did give me most of things I think.

Why don't you have your mother call and see what happens. Maybe you should at least talk to an attorney to see what rights your "mother" has as far as getting information about the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches