Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Gardener1850, Jun 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird of Paradise

Bird of Paradise Well-Known Member

Appreciate and understand exactly what you are saying here. However, just to be clear, that was not what I meant when I posted this.

For those who think she wants to "disappear" why do it at that time where it is sure to create a scene. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

I certainly wasn't referring to someone in a moment of panic/anxiety attack type of scenario.

Interesting comment made by family after viewing the gas station video:

They say it is clear, even from the blurry surveillance images, that something isn't right.

"Her brows are down, sunken. She looks like she was crying," said Sarah Kosinski Cope. "It looks darker around her eyes also."

http://www.wral.com/four-days-later...rch-for-woman-last-seen-leaving-rdu/16795688/

2. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

Quite frankly, I don't know how anyone can tell *anything* from that grainy photo.

3. Bird of Paradise

That's what I found interesting. That those emotions could be detected from that blurry pic.
    But I'm not family. :dunno:

4. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

Especially given that we can't even reach consensus here on what she is holding in her hand, or even if she is, or is not wearing sunglasses.

5. BlkMtnGirl

BlkMtnGirl Well-Known Member

IMHO, "sitting on your hands" can mean you're having thoughts that are not "victim friendly" or friendly towards the victim's friends or family who are not persons of interest or suspects. I sit on my hands on occasion, but I'm so glad the rules are in place here.

6. missgulfsouth

missgulfsouth Active Member

In my case (since I'm the one that said it here and whose post the question was directed at) it simply means that my thoughts are completely within TOS but I have personal reasons for practicing restraint and keeping them to myself. Not everyone who uses that phrase is being unkind, snarky or ugly. I know you weren't saying that ... just clarifying. ;)

7. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

The quality of the video is such that there could be shadows that make it look like she's wearing sunglasses, or her eyes are sunken and dark. That's a result of lighting. Without an enhanced video I couldn't assess anything beyond it was her, she's walking into the station, she doesn't look panicked or injured, and she was obviously very much alive on that day at that time.

8. Aparri

Aparri New Member

I thought "sitting on my hands" meant not helping when there is a problem people are trying to solve. The internet defines it as "to do nothing about a problem or a situation that needs dealing with". Anyways, does anyone on here know if it's ok to post the email one of AC's friends is using to communicate with search volunteers? I'm new and not sure if that would be ok.

9. missgulfsouth

missgulfsouth Active Member

Good point ... I didn't know it meant that!

10. MIKAYOYO

MIKAYOYO What?

Sitting on my hands equals biting my tongue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

I live in the area and was at a get together with neighbors tonight. The men at the gathering were unanimous in their opinion that she just got "done" with whatever is going on in her life and walked away. They think she is alive. I pray they are right.

12. Bird of Paradise

I'm pretty sure posting that would not be ok.

And welcome. You can always alert a moderator to a question by clicking on the red triangle on a post.

13. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

I hope that she is, but I don't think that she is ok. Are all of her animals accounted for?

14. Presley78

Presley78 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I thought too!
    IMO the roommate seems kinda suspicious to me. I thought it was odd that immediately she's offering her opinion on why AC suddenly ran to her car. They were recently texting about her registration?
    MOO I have a bad feeling about the situation. I hope she is just letting off some steam and will be found alive and well. Praying for all the family and friends and especially for a happy ending [emoji1374]🤞❤️

15. agilbe

agilbe Well-Known Member

Can you share why they felt that way? Just curious.

16. Compassion

Compassion New Member

I read that one of the dogs that she was working with has been taken to the Falls Lake area with volunteers with the hope that the dog might pick up Allison's scent. The animals are reported to all be accounted for.

17. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

Mostly because of the surveillance video that showed her alive and well, I think. Personally, I go back and forth on the runaway/suicide theories with a shade of this is something else entirely thrown in. But I very much want her to be okay no matter what the actual situation is.

18. Presley78

Presley78 Well-Known Member

I have been following this from the beginning but this thread exploded and I haven't been able to read through everything. But I haven't seen anything about her coworkers reactions and recollection about her demeanor that day. She must've mentioned to someone that she was taking a break? Forgive me if this was mentioned, I have 4 kids so my me-time is sparse [emoji23]

19. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

I would imagine that it was her rostered break time or just her turn for a break.

20. Aparri

Aparri New Member

I havent found another definition of it so far, although it could have been misconstrued since online forums came about. For example some people on here want to post (an action) an inappropriate comment but won't. In that sense, yes, they aren't taking action, therefore "sitting on their hands." Sorry, I'm a grammar nazi. And I don't think her roommate/ex sister in law is involved. She's just trying to offer up anything that might help the police find her friend she's had for 10 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.