Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close for me, too. My granddaughter goes to school in Raleigh. I have the same questions: Was the purse left at work or found in the parking lot...if she was seen on tape with only keys, how was her credit card obtained. What did the roommate leave in the car that had to be checked on? Why the gas station at Wake Forest...etc. I'm following this case closely, hoping for updates soon, and praying she is found safe.

The only reason I don't believe she was meeting someone at her car is because she left her cell phone at work. If I were to step outside to meet someone I would bring my cell phone. I want to be sure the person I'm meeting can contact me or vice versa on where they parked or If they are running late. I do think her intention was to grab something from the car. And it could have been a vin number (for insurance). She probably keeps it in the glove compartment. Perhaps she was looking for that and was carjacked. Her debit card was with her in case she wanted to grab a snack on the way back to work. I did look at her Instagram and found her room mate and her room mates boyfriend. They both have not posted anything on her missing.

Sara

Her roommate has been giving a lot of interviews. I think facebook is what most people would use to share info about a missing person anyway. JMO. As for a snack, there's nothing between that Starbucks and the parking lot so she would've had to go further into the airport to get a snack which I guess is possible if she had a long enough break. There is also not much(besides highway) directly around airport for those that aren't familiar. It would take some time to drive elsewhere to get food or gas, etc. so depending on the length of her break that seems unlikely.

It's so unusual for a young person to leave behind their cell phone. I would imagine that she would be using her cell phone while on break. Many food service companies don't allow phone use while working.
IMO: she may have left her phone and took the debit card because she wanted/needed to walk away. Hopefully, that's all.

I've considered that maybe Allison taking her debit card wasn't on purpose. I have a really bad habit of putting mine in my back pocket (if I don't want to carry my purse) if I'm making a quick purchase and then it ends up staying there until I sit on it and realize it's there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Close for me, too. My granddaughter goes to school in Raleigh. I have the same questions: Was the purse left at work or found in the parking lot...if she was seen on tape with only keys, how was her credit card obtained. What did the roommate leave in the car that had to be checked on? Why the gas station at Wake Forest...etc. I'm following this case closely, hoping for updates soon, and praying she is found safe.
I get the impression it was left wherever she keeps it at work. The roommate said she was texting with her about their insurance so she believes she went to the car to check on that(maybe policy #?) They aren't sure if maybe she had gone to the gas station the day before and the purchase just cleared the following day or if it was actually used after she walked out of the airport. I'd imagine she was only seen carrying her keys but she probably had her card in a back pocket or something.

Her roommate has been giving a lot of interviews. I think facebook is what most people would use to share info about a missing person anyway. JMO. As for a snack, there's nothing between that Starbucks and the parking lot so she would've had to go further into the airport to get a snack which I guess is possible if she had a long enough break. There is also not much(besides highway) directly around airport for those that aren't familiar. It would take some time to drive elsewhere to get food or gas, etc. so depending on the length of her break that seems unlikely.

Yeah her room mate seems to know her best and glad she is getting the word out. So sad. Wonder if she has a relationship with her family. The whole situation is sad. Wow you really know that airport! I'm impressed! That's a long walk. Hopefully there will be new information today. I don't know why, but this is all too bizarre and sad. I saw her Instagram and she seems like a genuine person. I forgot about Facebook. I don't use it.

more pics:

41D48D7700000578-4646208-image-m-8_1498635692442.jpg
41D48DFD00000578-4646208-image-a-2_1498635648745.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rker-goes-missing-Raleigh-Durham-Airport.html

I went to towedcar.com to see if her car had been picked up (b/c of being ditched or something) over the last few days and I did not get any hits.
Anyone know how reliable this website is?

Totally agree with this. I try to have meetings near the airport for convenience at times and it is non-trivial to find a restaurant. There is one bad and expensive steakhouse and one good (not cheap) Cuban place and beyond that you are heading off to the mall 15 minutes from the airport entrance. If you were looking for a snack and you were already at the airport, you would be better off staying there.

Not sure if someone has mentioned already, but if she was going to get a snack she could have easily gone to Sheetz. It's a gas station/restaurant right next to the airport. I stop by there a lot when flying. Maybe security cameras could indicate if she went there for the snack? Maybe paid with cash being there was no debit card activity? Or maybe abductor could be seen in her vehicle?

Attachments

• Sheetz to RDU Allison.jpg
    Sheetz to RDU Allison.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 99
Now this may not be anything if the transaction just did not show until the day she went missing, but I find it a little odd that the amount of money in gas that was bought was for what money she had left in the account.
So unless I'm misreading, it seems someone would have had to know exactly how much was left in the account to get that amount of gas.

If a debit card, it will only allow you to use the amount left - so if all she had was $23 in her account, that is all the debit card would allow her to pump in gas.

If a debit card, it will only allow you to use the amount left - so if all she had was $23 in her account, that is all the debit card would allow her to pump in gas.

Ok I wasn't sure. I know that if there's a smaller amount on the balance it won't let you start at some places. But thanks for clarifying that.

FBI, Raleigh Police helping in search of missing Raleigh Durham International Airport worker

RALEIGH, North Carolina (WTVD) --
The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Raleigh Police Department are assisting in the search of missing Raleigh-Durham International worker Allison Cope.
BREAKING: RDU police confirm they are working with Raleigh PD and the FBI on case of missing worker. #ABC11 https://t.co/dASc3UKNN6 pic.twitter.com/i8My9v0EmZ
— Ed Crump (@EdCrumpABC11) [video=twitter;880076651471790080]https://twitter.com/EdCrumpABC11/status/880076651471790080[/video]

http://abc11.com/news/fbi-rpd-helping-in-search-of-missing-rdu-worker/2156930/

I have been hearing only nice things about Allison, but she is a supervisor (authority position?) at the Starbucks. Maybe there could be some sort of motive there? Recent layoff or something like that. Also, if the person worked with her at the airport she would know the ins and outs of the airport and maybe where her car was located. And also that she needed the ID badge to get out of the parking garage.

I've also just got back from a rough search of hotel parking lots in the RDU area. A lot of office buildings around this area have towing enforced, but I am not sure how hotels are. I would think it would be less noticeable for a car to sit in a hotel parking lot for a few days rather than an office building.

The prices are all different hotels near the airport and the circled area are the hotel parking lots that I searched. I scoped out some office buildings around there as well and found nothing, except that a decent amount of of people drive silver Ford Fusions.

Attachments

• Searched area Allison.png
    Searched area Allison.png
    197.7 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics