Found Safe NC - Amanda Jo Maske, 41, Marshville, *Vehicle Found Abandoned* 12 June 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Gardener1850, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

An answer to that exists on FB if you have found her close friend - whether what she is saying is accurate is not known since LE hasn't said but I have a feeling her information is accurate.

2. rob68

rob68 Active Member

3. Steelslady

Steelslady Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to find her friend unfortunately. Lots of bickering though- ugh!

TatianaBarbie and PommyMommy like this.
  4. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

Ah, yes the worst part of a missing person case. When people unconnected to the case start warring with each other on a law enforcement Facebook Page.

5. Steelslady

Agreed. Trying to sift through any of it can be daunting for sure!

6. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

Amanda's mother, VC, also has continuing posts on her FB about Amanda being missing, and also clarifies some information. VC was tagged in a comment/reply in one of the Union County Sheriff's Office FB (Union County Sheriff's Office, Monroe, NC) updates about Amanda.

7. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

Has LE confirmed her well being?

PommyMommy, TexLil and Jethro4WS like this.
  8. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

No one, including LE, has been able to confirm Amanda's safety. The only thing stated by LE was that they received a call from a person claiming to be Amanda. Amanda's family confirmed that they believe the call was indeed made by Amanda. Until LE is able to find Amanda, her case remains open. LE and Amanda's family still need to find her.

9. mooella26

mooella26 Active Member

This is from our local Sheriff
    Missing Person Investigation Status Update

NC State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) agents and UCSO detectives have been in contact with Amanda "Mandi" Jo Maske of Marshville and confirmed she is alive and well. Investigators have verified she left the area voluntarily and on her own free will. For privacy reasons, her whereabouts and decision to relocate is not being disclosed.

Investigators have notified her family of this development and this case will be closed.

10. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Link to post: Union County Sheriff's Office, Monroe, NC

11. Steelslady

Wow, just wow. She left a husband, daughter, parents, friends and a job behind, but is fine?

I hope she's ok. I can guess at a few things like the rest of you, but no point in further speculation. Glad she is alive at least. I feel for her family and friends- they have been posting non-stop looking for her.

12. ardean

ardean Well-Known Member

Glad she is safe. I have to believe LE made physical contact with her to close this case. Likely a totally different agency and jurisdiction. Even if she is somehow in danger they are working it silently. I believe she is safe and no reason needs to be given.

wary, TatianaBarbie and Jethro4WS like this.
  13. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Left her belongings, car, job, family, etc.....guessing she had a plan and had some money stashed away? Is she with someone who is supporting her?

Perhaps she thought “screw this” and took off to Myrtle Beach?

How sad for her family. :(