NC - Angel Pacheco, 11, and America Pacheco, 12. Mother Missing/Dead. **Arrests** 15 June 2019.

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by PastTense, Jun 19, 2019.

1. PastTense

PastTense Well-Known Member

"Names of two children whose bodies were found in a burned mobile home in northern Alexander County and also the name of their missing mother were given late Tuesday afternoon by Alexander Sheriff Chris Bowman.

Bowman said the children were identified as siblings Angel E. Pacheco, 11, and America D. Pacheco, 12, at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem after preliminary autopsies at the hospital. He said determination of the cause of their deaths is pending. Both bodies were burned beyond recognition.

He identified their mother as Maria Calderon, 38, and said she is missing and presumed deceased.

Heidi Darlene Wolfe, 16, of Wilkesboro, and Areli Aguirre Avilez, 30, of Taylorsville, were arrested Monday and charged with three counts each of murder in the deaths of the two Pacheco children and their mother. Authorities identified Avilez and Wolfe as boyfriend and girlfriend."

Names of deceased kids, missing mother told

"Deputies believe the prime suspect, Areli Aguirre-Avilez, 30, who is the ex-spouse of the woman who lived at the home, and his purported girlfriend, Heidi Wolfe, 16, killed the family of three inside the home before setting the house on fire."

Sheriff: Body of woman dumped in Catawba River after house set on fire with 2 children inside

2. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

It seems crimes continue to get more heinous!

What is this 30 year old male doing with a 16 year old female? Throw the book at both of them and let them rot in prison!

sloane7777, GarAndTeed and Really? like this.
  3. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

His 16 yr old girlfriend helped him kill his ex wife and his children? wow./ She must be a real piece of work too.

4. PastTense

I don't think the kids are his children: his last name is Avilez; the kids' last name is Pacheco, and his ex-wife's last name is Calderon. Or does one of the articles say that?

SugarQueen likes this.
  5. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

WTH is wrong with people?

I am going to guess that putting the mother in the river was in the hope of making it look like she killed her children? In other words, if she is missing/not found, and accelerant was, people would suspect her? It seems odd it says she was moved sometime over the weekend when the fire was Saturday. Maybe I misread it.

I don't know who this girls' parents are but 16 and dating a 30 year old and committing murder? We have three murders, likely statutory rape, possibly tampering with a crime scene depending on what is meant by her being moved at some point over the weekend, arson... Can she be charged as an adult at 16 in NC does anyone know?

I have to wonder what the motive for killing the children would be if they were not his. To torture the mother by doing so? Had he adopted them during the marriage possibly resulting in child support?

Whatever the motive, I would bet my last red cent it is as usual, self-motivated and in the interest of self--his--where girlie goes along and thinks she is not going to be at risk of the same thing by him one day? If this turns out incorrect, I will gladly bow down and admit it. Perhaps she had the motive, one just never knows these days...

Sad.

Jmo.

6. PastTense

The motive for killing the kids could simply be to eliminate witnesses.

7. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

katydid23 likes this.
  8. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Every Body's Name Matters

Children shot, killed before Taylorsville fire, warrants say

WARNING: This story contains disturbing details concerning the triple homicide.

As the search for Maria Calderon’s body in the Catawba River continues, details about her death and those of her children have emerged.

In a Sunday interview, 16-year-old Heidi Darlene Wolfe told investigators she went with her 30-year-old boyfriend Areli Aguirre Avilez, who is Calderon’s ex-husband, to the Pine Meadows Lane home, according to the warrants

Snipped

Preliminary autopsy results identified the two bodies found in the home on Pine Meadows Lane as that of Calderon’s two children. Rescuers, who have been searching the River since Monday, have yet to find Calderon’s body, Bowman said.

Elainera, GarAndTeed and PastTense like this.
  9. PastTense

And one of the more important points you snipped:
    "Wolfe also admitted to using a Volkswagen Golf, which was seized by police Monday, to run over and kill a “little girl” as she ran from the home."

So she was in no way a minor participant.

10. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

Another case where there was a restraining order. This woman actually divorced him and filed for the order when he threatened them. Per the article.

I say it a lot but may he rot. Another real "winner". I am unsure what I think of her involvement or knowledge but I am sure LE has gotten it out of her or know.

Smh.

May this poor woman and her children RIP.

11. PastTense

"A man and his girlfriend have been formally indicted on murder charges in the killing of a woman and her two children in Alexander County.

Maria Calderon, 38, was killed before her body was dumped somewhere in the Catawba River, officials say. Calderon’s children, 11-year-old Angel E. Pacheco and 13-year-old America D. Pacheco, were found dead in their burning home.

Tuesday, 30-year-old Areli Aguiree Avilez and his 16-year-old girlfriend, Heidi Darlene Wolfe, were each indicted on three counts of first-degree murder. They were later indicted for first-degree arson charges as well.

Avilez was also indicted one on count of violation of domestic violence order with a deadly weapon and one count of statutory rape of a child under 15. The statutory rape charge did not involve Calderon or her two children, officials say."

Man, teen girlfriend indicted in killings of woman and two children

ilovechili and Elainera like this.