Deceased/Not Found NC - Anthony Jaworsky, 29, car found on I-40, Catawba Co, 13 Jul 2021

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
218123325_2546199232192210_3212126518636792211_n.png

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. — Family members -- as well as investigators -- are growing more concerned about foul play in the disappearance of a Catawba County father earlier this month.

Reporter Dave Faherty spoke with the parents of Tony Jaworsky on Tuesday, who said they are very concerned. Deputies said they are calling Jaworsky’s disappearance suspicious.

The 29-year-old’s parents said they last saw their son on July 13. They told Channel 9 he is very close with his children and would never miss one of their birthdays, something that has since happened.

More at ‘Please bring my son home’: Deputies investigate Catawba County father’s ‘suspicious’ disappearance

replying to @GuyfromCanada 's post
‘Please bring my son home’: Deputies investigate Catawba County father’s ‘suspicious’ disappearance
Tony Jaworsky’s car was found abandoned along Interstate 40 in Iredell County -- about 20 miles from his home -- days after his disappearance
Not sure what day the car was found, I hope there are leads inside the car. I wonder when he was actually noticed missing? They just found the car yet he's been missing for 23 days. He loves his kids, when did they last see them? Does he work? Any job reporting or asking about him not showing up? It just seems like a long time to be missing before being reported. IMO
adding: wonder if there was a problem with the car? Gas?Engine etc?

replying to @GuyfromCanada 's post
‘Please bring my son home’: Deputies investigate Catawba County father’s ‘suspicious’ disappearance
Tony Jaworsky’s car was found abandoned along Interstate 40 in Iredell County -- about 20 miles from his home -- days after his disappearance
Not sure what day the car was found, I hope there are leads inside the car. I wonder when he was actually noticed missing? They just found the car yet he's been missing for 23 days. He loves his kids, when did they last see them? Does he work? Any job reporting or asking about him not showing up? It just seems like a long time to be missing before being reported. IMO
adding: wonder if there was a problem with the car? Gas?Engine etc?

Just a note - the articles say his parents last saw him the 13th, so not 23 days, but today marks 15 days.

Yeah I'd be interested when the car was found too (says "days after disappearance"), because I'm pretty sure the NC State Patrol would not let a car be parked along the Interstate without checking it out quickly. Also North Carolina also has a road ranger service "NCDOT State Farm® Safety Patrol" where they also patrol to help stranded motorists. From there they probably try and contact the owner and then tow it if unable to reach the owner, and either one would have a time stamp of originally calling it in.

Deputies looking for help in man’s ‘suspicious’ disappearance from Catawba Co., empty vehicle found on I-40

Additional link (Published July 28)
Jaworsky was last seen by his family in the Conover area of Catawba County on July 13.

Jaworsky has connections in Caldwell and Burke counties.

Deputies say Jaworsky’s vehicle, a green 2015 Chevy Cruze, has been located along I-40 in Iredell County by the North Carolina Highway Patrol. This vehicle was unoccupied.

Sheriff’s Investigators consider the facts and circumstances associated with Jaworsky’s disappearance suspicious.

Here’s an additional article (published July 26)

The Catawba County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in the search for a missing man who has not been accounted for since July 13.

Anthony John Jaworsky, 29, was last seen at his home in the Conover area, Capt. Aaron Turk of the sheriff’s office said.

The office had no additional details to share Monday morning.

NOTE: The July 26 updated article did not include any detail about his vehicle being found; it stated there weren’t any new details to share.
However, the July 28 updated article did include info that his car was found.

ETA:
Came across another article from the same news source as the July 26 article linked above.
This article is from July 27
Car owned by missing man found in Iredell County

July 27 article
His car, a green 2015 Chevy Cruze, was located along Interstate 40 in Iredell County...

Capt. Aaron Turk with the Catawba County Sheriff’s office said the car was found on July 23.

Last edited:
‘Please bring my son home’: Deputies investigate local dad’s ‘suspicious’ disappearance

Tony Jaworsky’s car was found abandoned along Interstate 40 in Iredell County -- about 20 miles from his home -- days after his disappearance.
(•which according to another article, car was found on July 23.)

Channel 9 was with investigators Tuesday morning. They have the vehicle in a garage at the sheriff’s office where they have carefully gone over it for any possible clues in the case.

Detectives said they’re also looking for any digital footprint involving Tony Jaworsky’s disappearance -- from cellphone records to social media posts.

July 27 article
His car, a green 2015 Chevy Cruze, was located along Interstate 40 in Iredell County...

Capt. Aaron Turk with the Catawba County Sheriff’s office said the car was found on July 23.
<snipped>

@mlhenn Big thanks for finding that date! Now we know for sure that 10 days after he went missing his car was found. I'm still thinking there's no way they would let a car sit abandoned along an Interstate for very long, so where had it been and who was driving when it was left there? It seems like I always take one step forward and two steps back when trying to think about these cases lol.

<snipped>

@mlhenn Big thanks for finding that date! Now we know for sure that 10 days after he went missing his car was found. I'm still thinking there's no way they would let a car sit abandoned along an Interstate for very long, so where had it been and who was driving when it was left there? It seems like I always take one step forward and two steps back when trying to think about these cases lol.

I agree; 10 days is a long time period for an abandoned vehicle to sit on the side of a roadway, especially an interstate.

I found the following article (2019) that discussed concerns over abandoned vehicles in NC. Apparently, it’s a problem.

What's with cars left by the side of the road in North Carolina?

Over the last three years, North Carolina State Highway Patrol reported thousands of calls about abandoned vehicles:

In 2017, the state received 3,269 complaints. That number rose in 2018 to 4,115. So far this year, 2,432 calls have been placed.

"As long as the vehicle is not posing a hazard, they have a 24-hour period," Sgt. Chris Knox with the Highway Patrol told us when asked how long-abandoned vehicles have to be towed.

Typically, a trooper will mark the vehicle with a bright orange tag indicating the clock is ticking.

If the car is left in the travel lane or not completely off the shoulder, it may be towed sooner.

<snipped>@mlhenn Big thanks for finding that date! Now we know for sure that 10 days after he went missing his car was found. I'm still thinking there's no way they would let a car sit abandoned along an Interstate for very long, so where had it been and who was driving when it was left there? It seems like I always take one step forward and two steps back when trying to think about these cases lol.

I agree. Two or three days on an NC highway wouldn't be unusual, especially if one left a rag in the driver's window. That's sort of like a code in NC that you're coming back to get it.

But sitting for ten days on I-40 seems quite unlikely. I-40 goes for about 15 miles through Iredell Co. with an intersection with I-77 plus several exits for Statesville. It's usually very busy. The video of the car from @mlhenn's MSM link showed a slight dent in the left rear door. Not sure if that's of any concern or not.
ETA just saw great reply by @mlhenn

Last edited:
Still nothing re Anthony. I will say that I hate when someone "cleans" up their FB (not talking about Anthony's FB). Sure raises my suspicions. Grrr.

Yeah I'd be interested when the car was found too (says "days after disappearance"), because I'm pretty sure the NC State Patrol would not let a car be parked along the Interstate without checking it out quickly. Also North Carolina also has a road ranger service "NCDOT State Farm® Safety Patrol" where they also patrol to help stranded motorists. From there they probably try and contact the owner and then tow it if unable to reach the owner, and either one would have a time stamp of originally calling it in.

This is the official map for the NCDOT State Farm Safety Patrol for that part of NC. Wonder where exactly on I-40 the vehicle was located. Of note, cars have sat for multiple days in my part of NC with that "Special" little Fluorescent orange sticker on it before the car is either picked up by the owner or towed off. (There have been several times I have had to stop myself from writing the date on the back window in the dust and dirt.) Gotta love ENC :p

Attachments

• NCDOT.png
    NCDOT.png
    405.8 KB · Views: 9
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

upload_2022-4-14_1-57-48.png

Circumstances of Disappearance
Anthony Jaworsky, a resident of Catawba County, NC was last seen at a residence in Burke County, NC in the late hours of 07/13/2021. He may have been travelling to the Greensboro, NC area from this location. His 2015 Chevrolet Cruz was found abandoned with its flashers on by NC SHP on the morning of 07/15/2021 on the shoulder of Interstate 40 eastbound at Exit 146 (Stamey Farm Rd) in Iredell County, NC,

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

View attachment 339895

Circumstances of Disappearance
Anthony Jaworsky, a resident of Catawba County, NC was last seen at a residence in Burke County, NC in the late hours of 07/13/2021. He may have been travelling to the Greensboro, NC area from this location. His 2015 Chevrolet Cruz was found abandoned with its flashers on by NC SHP on the morning of 07/15/2021 on the shoulder of Interstate 40 eastbound at Exit 146 (Stamey Farm Rd) in Iredell County, NC,
Sad that he's still missing and there has been no news reported since last year. But this timeline makes more sense now: car was found two days later. Earlier it was reported that his car was found ten days later.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here with a wild guess but do y’all think this pertains to Anthony?

A large police presence could be seen on Curleys Fish Camp Road near Highway 70 and the town of Hildebran.

Breaking Burke Co- large police presence in eastern Burke county where deputies from Catawba and Burke are executing a search warrant in a missing persons case. Right now deputies are digging up several areas of the property. What the sheriff just told me tonight on channel 9 @5
1657664440524.jpeg

Catawba County deputies could be seen digging on the property for hours, along the driveway and also about 50 yards away in a field.

“The person was last seen here at this resident, so we’re executing a search warrant trying to find evidence if the person was here,” said Burke County Sheriff Steve Whisenant.

Authorities have not yet released the name of the person in the missing person case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back