GUILTY NC - Antoinetta McKoy, 28, & Jadon Higganbothan, 4, murdered, Durham, Oct-Dec 2010

Uh oh.

This case was confusing from day one. And now I'm even more confused. WTH is going on??? Where is this little guy? When was he last seen? And where??? We don't even know 100% what his name is, or how old he is. This can't be good.

Last seen in October..I THINK in NC.. but i could be wrong....

A woman who wished to remain unidentified said the house was always busy with lots of people coming and going from the home and lights in the home tended to have a "strobe" effect, quickly coming on and going off during the busy hours at night.
===================================================

I am not sure what that even means. Do they mean it goes on and off a lot because so many people live there, and so people are up and awake different hours of the night, OR are they saying it was a true 'strobe effect' and the light was going on and off at super quick intervals?

That sounds like camera flashes.

Last seen in October..I THINK in NC.. but i could be wrong....

But WHEN in October, KWIM? Usually you get a specific date, or at least within a few days. I think you're right about North Carolina. But then, WHO last saw him in North Carolina? And WHO reported him missing last week? And why did they wait from October to February?

It's never good when the adult is found without the child.

From this comment by "aunt g" below the article where J's dad commented it sounds to me that maybe dad thought that J was with Vania since oct in NC and then found out (maybe last week?) she had went to CO , maybe tried to get in touch with J at that point but V didn't let him or said he wasn't with her? And then is when he reported him missing maybe.All speculation on my part....very bizarre story.

<modsnip>

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/...nd_Child_116996718.html?storySection=comments

Teller County authorities went to the house Wednesday looking for Sisk. She recently moved to southern Colorado from Durham, North Carolina, where there is an open investigation into her missing 6-year-old child.

The child was last seen in October, and according to authorities, Sisk never reported his disappearance.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...hing_for_Missing_Mom_and_Child_116996718.html

Rilya...

Precious Doe (Erica)...

Caylee...

And of course Zahra.... who was also NC, 2.5 hours away... and was reported "missing" in October but really was killed in September.

I don't think this case is going to have a happy ending. I just hope nobody got any ideas from Zahra's case...

I certainly hope it doesn't end up being another totally preventable situation... where everyone knew it was coming but nobody did anything to prevent it. Family, friends, social services or all of the above.

Am worried about Jadon as he has been missing since October last year and not reported. What would be going on for all these adults and children to be moving as a group like described in this article.

Investigators are calling the disappearance &#8220;suspicious.&#8221; It all started when Durham, N.C. authorities say they got a tip from a police informant saying, Sisk&#8217;s 6-year-old child was missing. Once they looked into it, they learned the boy has been missing since October and Sisk never reported it.

She was tracked to Colorado by a welfare debit card.

Police believe a group of three men, five women and nine children all moved to Woodland Park from Durham. Sheila Moses was home when investigators showed up looking for Sisk at the house.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/02/28/police-search-for-missing-woman-in-teller-county/

There is something highly suspicious about all of this.

Teller County deputies took all nine children into custody at the request of Durham Social Services. Of the nine, deputies say, three are Sisk&#8217;s, but still missing is the 6-year-old that started the investigation.

An online search links the home at 2109 Pear Tree Lane in Durham to Sisk, and a neighbor said investigators have gone through the home for several days.
http://www.wral.com/news/story/9189779/

Colorado Springs police said nine other children were taken from the home and placed in the custody of the Teller County, Colo., Department of Social Services.

The other children are also believed to have connections to the Durham area, authorities said, and they might be sent back to North Carolina. It was unclear where the children were on Monday.
"She said that she has no will, that she was hurt. They took her two kids, and she can't let them get her boy," Leonard Moses said, recounting the contents of the note.

Sisk's MySpace page doesn't show any recent postings. It notes that she lives in Colorado Springs, is the mother of two boys, Jaydon and P*, and makes reference to some tough days.
Why are all these children in protective care and may be sent back to North Carolina ......

I find it very interesting that the reason they know this little boy is missing is because of a tip from a police informant. Police informants are usually people with drug/criminal backgrounds, so am thinking that these people are involved in some form of criminal activity. I am betting drugs. Maybe they all went on the run together.

I noticed in the comments people who know her keep saying I hope you or your boyfriend did not kill him. So am assuming there is/or was a boyfriend on the scene.

Also very confusing that the article says 3 of the children taken into custody were hers. I think maybe that was an error and think it should be 2, is that correct??

I truly hope this little boy is still alive and she has given him to someone to look after while she wanders around the countryside but then why take the other 2 with her.

doesnt look good.

UPDATE: Dad of Missing Child Talks; Teller Co. Mother Found

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...hing_for_Missing_Mom_and_Child_116996718.html

Meanwhile, the father of Sisk's missing child talked to 11 News Anchor Shannon Brinias Monday night.

Jamiel Higganbothan says he is beyond devastated that his 5-year-old son Jadon has been reported missing.

Meanwhile, Higganbothan says it's been two years since he was last able to have phone contact with his son. But he had no idea Jadon had gone missing until recently.

He says he and Vania were living in Colorado Springs when Jadon was born, and then moved to Tennessee where their relationship unraveled. He said phone contact was sporadic, even though he continued trying to get in touch with Vania through relatives and other means.

He says he and his family are worried something has happened to Jadon, and that Vania Sisk may have knowledge of it.

Since Jadon's name has now been stated in MSM, can someone please update the thread title with his name? It is Jadon Higganbothan.

Also according to one of the comments made by the J's father, he has provided KKTV with photos of Jadon, so hopefully they will update with those photos.

I keep getting "drugs" and "child trafficking" (sp?) in my head as this story unfolds. :(

I am really bothered that little Jadon's name is just now out there and his face hasn't even been out there yet! It's been a week! GET THIS INFO OUT!

I wonder how many kids are missing such under circumstances such a Jadon. They don't get reported missing until someone years later starts asking questions.

Aaron Thompson. She was missing for years before she was reported missing. Her father, by the same name was eventually sentenced to over 100 years. Aaron's body has never been found.

http://www.9news.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=126701&catid=339

Adam Herrman wasn't reported missing for ten years. His parents go on trial shortly for fraud for collecting benefits for Adam.

http://www.kansas.com/2009/01/11/658930/a-timeline-for-the-adam-herrman.html

Thank you to whomever updated the title! :blowkiss:

I updated the thread title to show "Jadon Sisk Higgenbothan,5" - what a shame a child is missing and the basics, like his name & age aren't correct....I still don't know if we have his last name correct. :(

I updated the thread title to show "Jadon Sisk Higgenbothan,5" - what a shame a child is missing and the basics, like his name & age aren't correct....I still don't know if we have his last name correct. :(

Thanks Texas :hug:
I know! Seriously it is making me angry. Even if they fear something has already happened to him, they need to get info out and his picture in case they are wrong!

Also his father indicates he is 5 and not 6. This article states he is 5.
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...m_and_Child_116996718.html?storySection=story

Yes, the information that I found yesterday is that he was born 2/3/2006. It was an announcement in the newspaper. Here is the quote from yesterday...

I do find a birth notice for a boy born to Vania and J Higganbothan on Feb 3, 2006 in Colorado Springs CO.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4191/is_20060222/ai_n16177424/

HIGGANBOTHAN: Jamiel and Vania, Colorado Springs, a boy, Feb. 3.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back