NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
just saw it! The guy saying he has a tip is a pervert pedo who likely is incarcerated with some other sick pedo. Hoping to God this tip is legit! Here is a link to the tipsters inmate info.
NC DPS Offender Public Information

Did you see all the infractions? I don't know if I would believe anything this man says or not. It will be interesting to see though.
If he really does know something about it I seriously doubt he just found it out four months ago. It would probably be because he was somehow involved.
Why didn't he just contact the authorities? Doesn't he know that people in prison don't like snitches? He doesn't sound too awful smart to me.

Lets hope that this will bring an end to this case and reunite Asha with her loved ones. It could be that this guy is telling the truth but maybe the source of his information is just looking for attention

Prayers for Asha and her loved ones...

Among many disturbing and weird things in this case:

1. The Turners find some items in their shed the day after Ashas disappearence, one of the things being a picture of a young girl. They assume the items doesn’t have anything to do with Asha but initially hand over the picture to LE but not the other items?
Strange IMO, why hand in only the picture when the items are found together?

2. The driver (Jeff) that saw what he assumed was a young child/girl. He found it so strange that he turned around and circled by, I believe two or three times, before he saw her run into the woods?
Why, if he found it so strange and made the effort of turning around more than once, didn’t he stop the truck and got out to call for her? Further more call the police?

Prayers for Asha and her loved ones...

Among many disturbing and weird things in this case:

1. The Turners find some items in their shed the day after Ashas disappearence, one of the things being a picture of a young girl. They assume the items doesn’t have anything to do with Asha but initially hand over the picture to LE but not the other items?
Strange IMO, why hand in only the picture when the items are found together?

2. The driver (Jeff) that saw what he assumed was a young child/girl. He found it so strange that he turned around and circled by, I believe two or three times, before he saw her run into the woods?
Why, if he found it so strange and made the effort of turning around more than once, didn’t he stop the truck and got out to call for her? Further more call the police?
I’ve always thought the same about the Turners. Why even keep the items? Were they looked into at all? What about the neighbor in the house next door? Could there be a relative or someone in the family that could’ve been responsible? MOO IMO

I’ve always thought the same about the Turners. Why even keep the items? Were they looked into at all? What about the neighbor in the house next door? Could there be a relative or someone in the family that could’ve been responsible? MOO IMO

As far as I’ve read, I don’t think they have been named POI nor have I seen that they haven’t been at any point.

I may have misread, but there is The Turners as in the family who owned the shed and there was also a reverend Turner mentioned, as a neighbor of the Turner family?

As far as I’ve read, I don’t think they have been named POI nor have I seen that they haven’t been at any point.

I may have misread, but there is The Turners as in the family who owned the shed and there was also a reverend Turner mentioned, as a neighbor of the Turner family?
Not sure but there’s a phenomenal write up on Reddit (hope I can mention) about this case and from what I remember, there was also a close neighbor that had several dogs out that night and he doesn’t recall any of them barking at all. Wonder if he was looked into. I can’t shake the feeling that someone saw an opportunity, and acted on it. Was it a neighbor? A visitor to the home of the Turners? A driver passing Asha on that dark highway that night? I mean we have two different witnesses that saw her walking and both have stated they were concerned with her being alone at night, walking- but what about the driver that would’ve taken advantage of the situation? MOO

I think Asha was in that shed that night. I also believe the witnesses accounts, and that she did run into that shed when the first witness turned around twice to ask if she was okay and scared her. Did someone else see her go into the shed? I swear this case keeps me up at night. MOO

One of the items found in the shed was a pencil with “Atlanta” imprinted on it. It was recognized by Ashas parents as being one of the family reunion party favors from the year before. Not to mention the candy wrappers from the same candy Asha had in her possession at the time, her favorite. Either she was there or someone with her things was. Maybe both. MOO

Thank you for responding :)
I did read that too here in this tread.

Not sure but there’s a phenomenal write up on Reddit (hope I can mention) about this case and from what I remember, there was also a close neighbor that had several dogs out that night and he doesn’t recall any of them barking at all. Wonder if he was looked into. I can’t shake the feeling that someone saw an opportunity, and acted on it. Was it a neighbor? A visitor to the home of the Turners? A driver passing Asha on that dark highway that night? I mean we have two different witnesses that saw her walking and both have stated they were concerned with her being alone at night, walking- but what about the driver that would’ve taken advantage of the situation? MOO

That’s the thing. Human recollection is triggy. Maybe the neighbor didn’t hear the dogs barking, butthat doesn’t mean they didn’t bark.
The two witnesses on the highway for an example. The one that saw a person, which he actually believed was a grown woman/an adult. When come to knowthe circumstances that a little child is missing in the area, his is doubting his first recollection and somehow it end up that he can place Asha there.
The witness that turned the truck around also believe he had seen her. I read he pass a polygraph. Well of course he did, if he sincerely believe he saw her. That’s just a matter of believe, not actuality.

I think Asha was in that shed that night. I also believe the witnesses accounts, and that she did run into that shed when the first witness turned around twice to ask if she was okay and scared her. Did someone else see her go into the shed? I swear this case keeps me up at night. MOO

I really don’t know what to believe. I have concerns that the investigation may be too focused on the highwaysightings and the perhaps the shed.

One of the items found in the shed was a pencil with “Atlanta” imprinted on it. It was recognized by Ashas parents as being one of the family reunion party favors from the year before. Not to mention the candy wrappers from the same candy Asha had in her possession at the time, her favorite. Either she was there or someone with her things was. Maybe both. MOO

The torsing of the candywrapping a long the highway and shed for that matter. She seems/or least is portrayed as a wellbehaved kid with a strickt but loving upbringing. Would she be eating candy and just let go of the wrapping as she ate?

Thank you for responding :)
I did read that too here in this tread.

That’s the thing. Human recollection is triggy. Maybe the neighbor didn’t hear the dogs barking, butthat doesn’t mean they didn’t bark.
The two witnesses on the highway for an example. The one that saw a person, which he actually believed was a grown woman/an adult. When come to knowthe circumstances that a little child is missing in the area, his is doubting his first recollection and somehow it end up that he can place Asha there.
The witness that turned the truck around also believe he had seen her. I read he pass a polygraph. Well of course he did, if he sincerely believe he saw her. That’s just a matter of believe, not actuality.

I really don’t know what to believe. I have concerns that the investigation may be too focused on the highwaysightings and the perhaps the shed.

The torsing of the candywrapping a long the highway and shed for that matter. She seems/or least is portrayed as a wellbehaved kid with a strickt but loving upbringing. Would she be eating candy and just let go of the wrapping as she ate?
I never saw where candy wrapping was found along the highway. Do you recall where you read that?
IMO, if Asha really left that house that night, we can pretty much say that what she was taught and her mannerisms had no relevance at that point. It was against all odds that she would be out walking at night alone, in the dark- that she was so fiercely afraid of. MOO

I combed through the local news articles at AshDeg (848 views)

Sorry it's not better formatted but I'm on mobile and it really was a pain to copy and paste from that site.

Her older cousins (12 and 15) hosted a slumber party the night before that had a dozen people in attendance
"Asha plays basketball and likes riding her bike and jumping on a trampoline, her cousins said. (Name removed for privacy), said she, Asha and a dozen of their cousins had a sleepover Saturday night at a family member's house justup the street."She was real happy," (name removed for privacy) said. "She was dancing andlaughing."(name removed for privacy), 15, the cousin who hosted the weekend slumber party, slumped next to (name removed for privacy) on a lawn chair.She and other family members spent the entire day looking for Asha."

The pencil found at Turner Upholstery had Atlanta on it which is where the Degree's had a family reunion
"Detective Wayne Thomas.Crawford said he believed the most significant find was thepencil that had "Atlanta" on it. The Degree family held itsreunion there the following year."

The candy wrappers found were cinnamon disks that Asha happened to like
"Searchers moved on again. They formed a straight line,each searcher 10 feet from the next, and pored over theground looking for red cellophane cinnamon disk wrappers - one of the candies Asha favored."

The descriptions of the items found explained by the person that found them
"Rallie Turner, 59, found a yellow hair bow, candy, a greenmarker and a white pencil with writing on it in the old building, which now houses discarded furniture and a redCub Farmall tractor."There was a little picture next to the tractor," said Turner, who found the items Tuesday. "The hair bow was an inchand a half long. It's plastic and it had a little teddy bear onit. It was solid yellow."Investigators thought they had something when theDegree family identified the items as belonging to Asha.But nothing new turned up Friday. Volunteers and trained search-and-rescue teams have been searching for Asha since she was reported missingMonday.Searchers have covered about a 3-mile radius around theDegrees' home and searched in dozens of private yardsalong N.C. 18."

99.9 percent of the items found in Asha's bag were hers.
"Ninety-ninepoint nine percent of what was in that bag was Asha's."Investigators believe she left home on her own, but havenever determined why. They say she took a backpack, twofavorite outfits and a Tweety Bird purse. Asha's hair bow, candy wrappers and other items werefound in a toolshed just off N.C. 18, about a mile from herShelby home a day after two truck drivers reported seeingher walking on the highway about 4 a.m. A weeklong,massive search near there revealed nothing more. The casehad all but died until the book bag discovery.Previously, Crawford said he believed the fourth-gradermight have walked beyond the 4-mile radius of the originalsearch and died of natural causes. But the Burke Countyfind changes that, he said."It's highly unlikely Asha placed them there herself," hesaid. "We have reason to believe that was not Asha's plastic bag, so it certainly heightens our suspicion that one ormore people were involved."The Cleveland County Sheriff's Office flew the bundle,including the plastic bags, to an FBI lab in Quantico, Va.,for forensic tests that are still underway.It is unclear whether the clothing found was the outfit Asha wore when she left home."

A description of the route she would have taken to get to the shed from the highway. Also a neighbor directly behind the shed said his dogs did not bark that night
Authorities believe she got scared and left the road,seeking shelter in the shed. To get there, she would have walked the length of two football fields uphill and crosseda 3-foot-deep gully. A light outside the shed may haveguided her.The shed, filled with furniture and farm equipment theowners of nearby Turner's Upholstery stored there, wasdoorless so Asha could have easily stepped in.Neighbors don't remember anything unusual. The Rev.Mackie Turner, pastor of Buffalo Baptist Church, keeps six beagles in a dog lot behind the shed."They bark if they see anybody," he said. "But I didn't heara thing."
Bumping this fine post with candy and other important info.

I never saw where candy wrapping was found along the highway. Do you recall where you read that?
IMO, if Asha really left that house that night, we can pretty much say that what she was taught and her mannerisms had no relevance at that point. It was against all odds that she would be out walking at night alone, in the dark- that she was so fiercely afraid of. MOO

I read it somewhere in this tread, it may have been someones assumption. I’ll look for it.
You’re right, if she left the house willingly her mannerisms were far beyond gone. I can’t comprihend that she did anyway. But I guess thats what the evidence suggest so far?

Thank you for responding and your insights

I read it somewhere in this tread, it may have been someones assumption. I’ll look for it.
You’re right, if she left the house willingly her mannerisms were far beyond gone. I can’t comprihend that she did anyway. But I guess thats what the evidence suggest so far?

Thank you for responding and your insights
Oh thank you for the convo! What do you think happened to Asha, or do you have a theory as of now? This case is so perplexing so many questions!

Its been a few days since the Prisoner said he knew what happened to Asha. Why did the Police say that they will wait until the covid calms down in his Prison to talk to him. Its 2020 they can interview him by video link. There lack of urgency leads me to believe that they must think that this guy is not credible.

. I can’t shake the feeling that someone saw an opportunity, and acted on it. Was it a neighbor? A visitor to the home of the Turners? A driver passing Asha on that dark highway that nigh

I get that feeling too. I don't have a lot of faith in the grooming theories anymore, with a few exceptions. Although I don't know how likely they are.
Not only do I believe Asha left that night on her very own, I believe she left for her very own reasons. Who ever is responsible probably just happened onto the whole situation and took advantage. It still may have been someone that
she knew. In fact I think there's a good chance of it. On a rural highway and at that time of night there's only a few people that are going to be passing through. Truckers of course and locals ( for various reasons). We know that Asha fled from the truck driver so who would she stop for? Someone that called out her name possibly. Someone that spoke to her with authority perhaps, or maybe they just physically forced her into a vehicle. I don't know but like I said most of the grooming scenarios just don't seem all that likely. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246