NC NC - Blake Deven & London Deven, missing dates and ages are uncertain, FBI involved, Fayetteville

In this story it says

• Blake Deven, 17, the adopted son of Avantae Deven. He has not been seen since Aug. 1, 2022.
  • London Deven, 27, a “female relative” of Blake. According to the incident report, she has not been seen since June 6, 2019, with the most recent photo available to investigators dating back to 2007, when London was about 12. London’s age was initially listed in news releases as 28, but Chief Kemberle Braden clarified she is 27 in a press conference earlier this month. Police have so far declined to clarify how she is related to Blake.

I find this very odd - we know that London and Blake have different birth mothers and the same adoptive mother.

Why the secrecy over their relationship?

What are they not saying - do they, for instance, share a birth father? Or something totally unexpected?
With the age difference and not knowing how long they actually lived together, they may not have really known each other. He might not even remember her.

I wouldn't make too much of being "unsuccessful in locating her estranged husband". If they had been separated for several years by then, it was likely easier to post the required amount of times in the newspaper than it would be to try and serve him papers in person, with him likely being in another state. My guess is that posting in the newspaper that you are seeking a divorce is considered a good faith "attempt to locate," and after Avantae did that the required number of times, she would be considered "unsuccessful" for legal purposes, regardless of any other actual attempts to locate him.

To the public's knowledge, he was out of the picture before she began fostering/adopting the kids we know about. However, he was with her before Robert Adams, whose teachings inspired the Infinity Institute, died in 1997, and a while after the Infinity Institute was formed to carry on his legacy. It looks like Avantae's name is not officially associated with Infinity Institute until the IRS links in 2011, but I don't think it's a leap to suggest she may have been affiliated with the organization prior to that. If she was, her ex-husband may be able to shed light (to LE) on her affiliation with Robert Adams and if that has anything to do with this.

So far I think the only "official" connection--other than that it feels weird--is that Robert Adams was a spiritual leader (though more associated with Hinduism), Infinity Institute is a spiritual group (though less specific about any ideology than I think Robert was), and the 911 caller said that Blake was religious, into meditation, and she believed he had gone to a Buddhism camp.
Three people directly linked to her went missing. I hope the ex-husband got a clean break from her and is living his best life. We don't know what happened to her husband. I keep this theory on the back burner because locating the children is more important.

<modsnip - quoted post was sleuthing a person that the member was not 100% sure is the missing person>

Three people directly linked to her went missing. I hope the ex-husband got a clean break from her and is living his best life. We don't know what happened to her husband. I keep this theory on the back burner because locating the children is more important.
Glad I'm not the only one thinking about the ex-husband! I haven't been able to verify his whereabouts or existance. There may be another one too if she was born Maxwell.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking about the ex-husband! I haven't been able to verify his whereabouts or existance. There may be another one too if she was born Maxwell.
It's a pattern of behaviour after <mod note - two> people associated with this woman go missing and never seen or heard from again. <mod note - both> just vanished into thin air. <modsnip - no link to substantiate>

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a pattern of behaviour after <mod note - two> people associated with this woman go missing and never seen or heard from again. <mod note - both> just vanished into thin air. <modsnip - no link to substantiate>
< mosnip - quoted post was snipped> At least we have two missing people and one likely abused elderly person all in the care of this woman so. <modsnip: no link> Where is her photo LE of Fayetteville?

Yeah and don't try to tell me she's somehow avoided having her photo taken for a driver's license.

MOO.
It's very strange. And no pics or online presence of the kids too. how was this person allowed to adopt!? ?? I'm hoping there will be an investigation into that adoption agency and my stomach hurts for all the babies they let just about anyone take charge of.

and don't try to tell me she's somehow avoided having her photo taken for a driver's license.
Not that we should be getting stuck at this random detail, but. Are we sure she had a drivers license?
It is possible to not drive. It is also possible to drive without ever getting a license (I happen to know someone who did that for years, as they did their drivers licence in another country and after moving back they did not bother legally getting one for several years, while driving almost daily).

Are we sure she had a drivers license?
It is possible to not drive. It is also possible to drive without ever getting a license (I happen to know someone who did that for years, as they did their drivers licence in another country and after moving back they did not bother legally getting one for several years, while driving almost daily).
Don't you need some type of photo for some type of ID though?
How does she identify herself when she goes to the bank etc?
I don't live in North Carolina so I have no idea. Was just thinking about El Dorado Jane Doe, she had fake IDs, they all had photos on them. idk.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
"On April 9, Fayetteville police announced finding partial skeletal remains in the search for Blake and London Deven. Investigators said it could take months to identify the remains, which may or may not be connected to either of the missing people. Police did not say specifically where the remains were found, but said it was not at the Deven home on Berriedale Drive in Fayetteville."

Are we sure she had a drivers license?
Don't you need some type of photo for some type of ID though?
How does she identify herself when she goes to the bank etc?
I don't live in North Carolina so I have no idea. Was just thinking about El Dorado Jane Doe, she had fake IDs, they all had photos on them. idk.

Just the other day I had to drive to the bank and present my photo I.D. to change the pin number on one of my debit cards. At work, we will turn you away if you show up to your new patient appointment without a photo I.D. (newcomers are informed of this beforehand). It doesn’t have to be a driver’s license but it has to have your picture.

You may not need them for some things but photo I.D.s make the world go ‘round.

Are you sure they can't find the ex-husband? Because I asked a week or two ago if he was ok and I think someone said yes. But I may remember wrong. At least we have two missing people and one likely abused elderly person all in the care of this woman so. <modsnip: no link> Where is her photo LE of Fayetteville?
I hope he is and that is what other comments have said but if someone can clarify that would be amazing. Two missing children, an abused elderly family member, <modsnip - unsubstantiated rumor> It shows that she is perfectly capable of doing something to her ex-husband. I'm not sure where her photos are she seems to have slipped under the radar for many years. All of this is speculation on my behalf, but I will read more about what was found during the searches.

It's very strange. And no pics or online presence of the kids too. htf was this person allowed to adopt!? ?? I'm hoping there will be an investigation into that adoption agency and my stomach hurts for all the babies they let just about anyone take charge of.
I'm thinking the same thing honestly. How was she allowed to adopt them? Why did nobody check in with her to make sure everything was okay? What agency placed them in her care? A lot of questions with little to no answers.

I have a theory:

The "other investigation" either concerned the 15 year old mentioned who is not Blake, or however her mother became hurt/sick. Conducting this investigation, authorities spoke to a child or children. Minors. Those are the relatives who said Blake and London had not been seen in years.

They were questioning a child/ren about AD and whatever happened either when the DV incident took place with the unnamed 15 year old, or her mother's health...and in the process, they discovered two kids were missing and financial abuse of her disabled mother.
I have no idea if what is going on with her Mom is result of a medical issue or a fall or physical impact, so I can't speculate, if someone can educate me.

But one investigation led to them talking to a minor, and thats why no other family have stepped up, there aren't any, just the kids and her Mother.

Do we think that the neighbor who told the reporter that AM/AD claimed to have sent him “back to the state” might have been conflating him with one of his other bio siblings who weren’t adopted? After all, he didn’t refer to BD by name, just by photo ID. And it stands to reason that BD’s bio siblings could resemble him enough to be mistaken.

Do we think that the neighbor who told the reporter that AM/AD claimed to have sent him “back to the state” might have been conflating him with one of his other bio siblings who weren’t adopted? After all, he didn’t refer to BD by name, just by photo ID. And it stands to reason that BD’s bio siblings could resemble him enough to be mistaken.
If she had adopted them, which I am leaning to, I think that event with the "15 year old" and the arrest led to any other kids in her care going back to the state. Since they are minors and probably in state care, they cannot comment on them other than that they have been verified as being safe. Their records may be sealed. (Rightfully so, let them have their privacy, they must ne traumatized)

IMO either the neighbour was mistaken in some details or they were explaining other children we don’t know about (other foster kids) because the description of the teen girl smoking and the mischievous kid who runs across the road and then disappears doesn’t match anyone we know within the house.

We don’t know of a teenage girl who lived in Berriedale. Blake was 12 at the time they moved and 15 when he disappeared. The running across the street without looking both ways seems more like a kid would do, not a teenager. The brothers are younger but haven’t disappeared and didn’t leave the home until very recently.

All MOO.

RSBM
From this link, the main characters thus far (BBM):
According to Fayetteville Police Department news releases, court documents and police reports, the key people tied to the case include:
  • Blake Deven, 17, the adopted son of Avantae Deven. He has not been seen since Aug. 1, 2022.
  • London Deven, 27, a “female relative” of Blake. According to the incident report, she has not been seen since June 6, 2019, with the most recent photo available to investigators dating back to 2007, when London was about 12. London’s age was initially listed in news releases as 28, but Chief Kemberle Braden clarified she is 27 in a press conference earlier this month. Police have so far declined to clarify how she is related to Blake.
  • Avantae Deven, 63, the adoptive mother of Blake and London. Police said her family relocated to Fayetteville in 2015, although it’s not clear from where or why.
  • Leonie Maxwell, 95, the mother of Avantae Deven. Court records show she has been placed in the custody of Cumberland County Adult Protective Services after Avantae Deven failed to respond to multiple contact attempts by officials from Cape Fear Valley Hospital, where Maxwell is currently in the ICU. Records show Maxwell lives with her daughter at her Berriedale Drive home in Fayetteville.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back