NC NC - Blake Deven & London Deven, missing dates and ages are uncertain, FBI involved, Fayetteville

Thank you @Mack the Knife for posting a solid timeline! This case is very complex. I wonder if her ex-husband is still missing. As previously stated, AD was granted a divorce from him because he didn't respond to the divorce filing and they were estranged. AD didn't report the children missing for an extended period and doesn't have any answers about their whereabouts. London and Blake were minors at the time of their disappearance, I don't believe Blake went on a yoga retreat to a Buddhist temple. I don't understand why DOSS wasn't involved with these children after they were placed in AD's custody especially if they were being homeschooled. If the DOSS conducted home visits after their placement it would have shed more light on the children's living conditions, education, overall health, etc. I wonder if the human remains matched either London or Blake. Praying for their safe return and justice in this case!

IMO and only speculation!

I wondered if ex-husband is actually missing or just got the heck out of dodge and went no-contact. Or heck, maybe he's missing.

I also don't think anyone went on a retreat. I could kinda see if it was an adult who decided to go hike the wilderness and find themselves and then mom didn't hear from them but a minor child, nope.

Then of course there are skeletal remains.

jmo

Thank you @Mack the Knife for posting a solid timeline! This case is very complex. I wonder if her ex-husband is still missing. As previously stated, AD was granted a divorce from him because he didn't respond to the divorce filing and they were estranged. AD didn't report the children missing for an extended period and doesn't have any answers about their whereabouts. London and Blake were minors at the time of their disappearance, I don't believe Blake went on a yoga retreat to a Buddhist temple. I don't understand why DOSS wasn't involved with these children after they were placed in AD's custody especially if they were being homeschooled. If the DOSS conducted home visits after their placement it would have shed more light on the children's living conditions, education, overall health, etc. I wonder if the human remains matched either London or Blake. Praying for their safe return and justice in this case!

IMO and only speculation!
I wouldn't make too much of being "unsuccessful in locating her estranged husband". If they had been separated for several years by then, it was likely easier to post the required amount of times in the newspaper than it would be to try and serve him papers in person, with him likely being in another state. My guess is that posting in the newspaper that you are seeking a divorce is considered a good faith "attempt to locate," and after Avantae did that the required number of times, she would be considered "unsuccessful" for legal purposes, regardless of any other actual attempts to locate him.

To the public's knowledge, he was out of the picture before she began fostering/adopting the kids we know about. However, he was with her before Robert Adams, whose teachings inspired the Infinity Institute, died in 1997, and a while after the Infinity Institute was formed to carry on his legacy. It looks like Avantae's name is not officially associated with Infinity Institute until the IRS links in 2011, but I don't think it's a leap to suggest she may have been affiliated with the organization prior to that. If she was, her ex-husband may be able to shed light (to LE) on her affiliation with Robert Adams and if that has anything to do with this.

So far I think the only "official" connection--other than that it feels weird--is that Robert Adams was a spiritual leader (though more associated with Hinduism), Infinity Institute is a spiritual group (though less specific about any ideology than I think Robert was), and the 911 caller said that Blake was religious, into meditation, and she believed he had gone to a Buddhism camp.

I hadn't caught the significance of this when reading it the other day:

The April 10 filing alleges that her daughter and caretaker, Avantae Deven, 61, had not responded since March 27 to calls from hospital staff concerning "necessary medical decisions" for Maxwell and that on March 30 when a welfare check was conducted at Deven's home, no one answered the door.
Mom of missing Fayetteville siblings Blake and London Deven accused of exploiting ailing mother

from the OP of this thread:

On March 27, 2024, the Fayetteville Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation searched three locations in Fayetteville as part of the expanding investigation to find Blake.

I do not think it is a coincidence that Ava Deven has not been seen or heard from since the FBI started searching for Blake. Not even to respond to caregivers/hospital about her mother's medical care. She has dropped form the face of the earth. Poof, not a sound, not a peep from Ava, so much so that the state is seeking medical guardianship of her mother. In preparing for that it was discovered AD has been financially exploiting her mother.

I think she is hiding. from everyone. Because she knows its a matter of time and there will be 'splaining to do

I hadn't caught the significance of this when reading it the other day:

The April 10 filing alleges that her daughter and caretaker, Avantae Deven, 61, had not responded since March 27 to calls from hospital staff concerning "necessary medical decisions" for Maxwell and that on March 30 when a welfare check was conducted at Deven's home, no one answered the door.
Mom of missing Fayetteville siblings Blake and London Deven accused of exploiting ailing mother

from the OP of this thread:

On March 27, 2024, the Fayetteville Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation searched three locations in Fayetteville as part of the expanding investigation to find Blake.

I do not think it is a coincidence that Ava Deven has not been seen or heard from since the FBI started searching for Blake. Not even to respond to caregivers/hospital about her mother's medical care. She has dropped form the face of the earth. Poof, not a sound, not a peep from Ava, so much so that the state is seeking medical guardianship of her mother. In preparing for that it was discovered AD has been financially exploiting her mother.

I think she is hiding. from everyone. Because she knows its a matter of time and there will be 'splaining to do
Also, March 27th, LE conducted interviews and discovered BD missing.

@Mack the Knife, timeline shows all three events the same day.

March 27 2024Police conducted interviews in a separate investigation and family members mentioned not having seen Blake in years.WRAL March 28
March 27 2024Fayetteville police begin searching properties associated with the Deven family. As of 2024-04-06 they have searched at least 3.CBS 17 April 6
March 27 2024A petition to place Leonie Maxwell in emergency protective care states that Cape Fear Valley Medical Center has not been able to contact Avantae Deven since March 27 2024.CityView NC April 24
Post in thread 'NC - Blake Deven, poss 5-6, not seen by family in several years, last photo is from 2012, FBI involved, Fayetteville, unk missing date' NC - NC - Blake Deven, poss 5-6, not seen by family in several years, last photo is from 2012, FBI involved, Fayetteville, unk missing date

October 19 2023Fayetteville PD arrest of White male for assault - simple. Case number: 2023026406Fayetteville NC OpenData
October 20 2023Fayetteville PD field contact with 15 y/o White male at 1433 Berriedale Dr. Case number: 2023026406. Category: MCEM. Warrant also listed on this date.Fayetteville NC OpenData

Who do we suspect the 15 y/o male is? One of Blake's siblings? If yes, where is this minor currently? He would be valuable in telling LE what was going on in the home.
On the Fayetteville site, this case information says it was "closed by arrest". Who was arrested???

IMO I think that it was likely that the husband was unable to be served with the divorce documents for any number of reasons (unable to find current address, dodging service, etc.) so the wife was required to post a public notice about the divorce proceedings. I don't think that person is missing. MOO

October 19 2023Fayetteville PD arrest of White male for assault - simple. Case number: 2023026406Fayetteville NC OpenData
October 20 2023Fayetteville PD field contact with 15 y/o White male at 1433 Berriedale Dr. Case number: 2023026406. Category: MCEM. Warrant also listed on this date.Fayetteville NC OpenData

Who do we suspect the 15 y/o male is? One of Blake's siblings? If yes, where is this minor currently? He would be valuable in telling LE what was going on in the home.
According to the Fayetteville Observer an 8th grader and a 10th grader were enrolled in Deven Academy in 2024. 10th grade would be about right for a 15 y/o. <modsnip: no source link>

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Fayetteville Observer an 8th grader and a 10th grader were enrolled in Deven Academy in 2024. 10th grade would be about right for a 15 y/o. <modsnip: no link>
This was in October2023...I wonder if Blake was long gone by then, and if the 15 year old and this domestic incident could have resulted in the 15 year old going back into foster care...but if so...did he never mention his brother who was missing? Or is much older sister who dropped off grid as well?

Or has she got those kids so messed up they won't talk? <modsnip: quoted post was snipped>

Wish they could state she's a suspect so they can release her picture. She's had people disappear from her care and people found dead <modsnip: no link>, why not?
And also why no online presence. Even me who does my best to have no personal info online has my picture on my dad's FB page (without my permission) and also some a-holy ex classmate put our school pictures online. My name is not online (it's literally only me and my ggggrandma with this name and she's obviously dead) BUT there are pictures.
Just a name won't help I think, especially if she has a habit of changing them.
I'm also sus about this LE in charge. Why would it take up to six months or whatever to test the DNA when they can just check a match with London's and Blake's mothers? The match would have come back by now no? Or is the "up to six months" in case it's someone else?
Two people are known to have disappeared from her life and if she keeps changing her name how is "Avantae Deven, 63" going to help.
There may be others. That's a lot of years. I doubt she started disappearing people after she turned 50! imo. jmo.

Wish they could state she's a suspect so they can release her picture. She's had people disappear from her care and people found dead <modsnip: no link>, why not?
And also why no online presence. Even me who does my best to have no personal info online has my picture on my dad's FB page (without my permission) and also some a-holy ex classmate put our school pictures online. My name is not online (it's literally only me and my ggggrandma with this name and she's obviously dead) BUT there are pictures.
Just a name won't help I think, especially if she has a habit of changing them.
I'm also sus about this LE in charge. Why would it take up to six months or whatever to test the DNA when they can just check a match with London's and Blake's mothers? The match would have come back by now no? Or is the "up to six months" in case it's someone else?
Two people are known to have disappeared from her life and if she keeps changing her name how is "Avantae Deven, 63" going to help.
There may be others. That's a lot of years. I doubt she started disappearing people after she turned 50! imo. jmo.
Similar for me. I am on FB and tiktok, but not under my government name. I had to put several layers of protection to ensure a stalking ex could not find me. In doing so, I stumbled across a woman who has the same name as my, two months apart. None of the info online is correct. Her info and mine are so mixed up, I had her DUI on my record and she has and old charged off debt of mine on her credit report

And just searching our name only comes up with Diana Ross' famous daughter Tracy. Lol. Good luck finding the real me.
With that said, I can understand how she could hide...but what young adults and three teens (if she had all of the boys) have NO SOCIAL MEDIA? I can usually find anyone, with very little info. It was literally my job for 12 years. No XBOX gamertags? Insta? Snap? Not even Kik, which is rising in popularity again with teens? The stumbling blocks I have with this family are driving me bonkers lol

I wonder what made them (media) change Avantae Deven to Ava Maxwell.
No explanation. I assume Maxwell would be her name at birth since that's her mother's last name (as mentioned here - WRAL), but Ava is not a common first name and I can't find any reliable Ava Maxwell anywhere. It's like this woman didn't exist before 1996. Also haven't found any marriages between a Deven and Maxwell. But maybe she was married previously.

In an over eight-minute recording punctuated with sighs, a story peppered with inconsistencies emerges in the 911 call.

Before the Devens moved to Fayetteville, it appears Avantae Deven was living in Buncombe County — IRS tax records show her living in Enka, an unincorporated community there, while she was the registered agent for a nonprofit called the Infinity Institute from 2011 to 2016.

The Infinity Institute was established in Nevada by Robert Adams, a teacher of a philosophy of Hinduism called Advaita Vedanta, in 1996, according to the nonprofit’s website and Nevada state records.

Property records show an LLC created in New Mexico owns Avantae Deven’s Berriedale Drive home. According to records from the New Mexico Secretary of State’s website, Avantae Deven registered the LLC, called Nelson & Johnson, under a Sedona, Arizona, address in September 2016. The LLC’s purpose was listed as “gatherings for various artists [sic] showings and book sharing/readings.”

“He is generally religious, and he used to go back and forth about a Buddhist retreat, and meditation, things like that,” Avantae Deven says. “My daughter did that once for six months, and she called, so I thought, OK. He’s very independent and high-strung and very bossy, so it’s not very unlikely of his character.”

Avantae Deven tells the operator her son doesn’t have any medical or mental health conditions, apart from being diagnosed with what she calls “sporadic encephalopathy” when he was younger. Encephalopathy is damage or disease to the brain, leading to a change in mental state.

In this story it says

• Blake Deven, 17, the adopted son of Avantae Deven. He has not been seen since Aug. 1, 2022.
  • London Deven, 27, a “female relative” of Blake. According to the incident report, she has not been seen since June 6, 2019, with the most recent photo available to investigators dating back to 2007, when London was about 12. London’s age was initially listed in news releases as 28, but Chief Kemberle Braden clarified she is 27 in a press conference earlier this month. Police have so far declined to clarify how she is related to Blake.

I find this very odd - we know that London and Blake have different birth mothers and the same adoptive mother.

Why the secrecy over their relationship?

What are they not saying - do they, for instance, share a birth father? Or something totally unexpected?

Also, March 27th, LE conducted interviews and discovered BD missing.

@Mack the Knife, timeline shows all three events the same day.

March 27 2024Police conducted interviews in a separate investigation and family members mentioned not having seen Blake in years.WRAL March 28
March 27 2024Fayetteville police begin searching properties associated with the Deven family. As of 2024-04-06 they have searched at least 3.CBS 17 April 6
March 27 2024A petition to place Leonie Maxwell in emergency protective care states that Cape Fear Valley Medical Center has not been able to contact Avantae Deven since March 27 2024.CityView NC April 24
Post in thread 'NC - Blake Deven, poss 5-6, not seen by family in several years, last photo is from 2012, FBI involved, Fayetteville, unk missing date' NC - NC - Blake Deven, poss 5-6, not seen by family in several years, last photo is from 2012, FBI involved, Fayetteville, unk missing date
A Fayetteville woman who police say waited years before recently reporting two of her adopted children missing is accused in a civil court petition of financially exploiting her ailing mother.

The request for an emergency order of protection was filed by the Cumberland County Department of Social Services on behalf of 95-year-old Leonie Maxwell.
-.-.-
Cape Fear Valley Medical Center’s new Emergency Department is the place to go for serious illness or injury, such as:

• Severe pain
  • Severe bleeding
  • Difficulty breathing
  • Stroke symptoms
  • Compound bone fractures that break through the skin
  • Chest pain or other signs of a heart attack
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Severe asthma attacks
  • Seizures

-.-.-
I think, there were serious reasons for AM/AD to disappear in March 2024. IMO

Last edited:
Not sure if this had been posted, but is states Avantae was in court on 4/24/24 for her mother's case. It appears she has no siblings to take over? If she has no extended family for her mother, who is the family who say they have not seen the kids in years?
This article also states the reporter went to the home and no one answered but someone was clearly inside. She is in that house for sure.

Oooof. When Wells Fargo freezes a senior's assets, they already know abuse has taken place, I used to work for the elder abuse department, they take this very very seriously. Avantae, in my opinion, is going to prison, one way or another.
this is looking more and more like a life long con and grift.

<modsnip: no source link>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParamLubana