NC NC - Brandee Hope Canipe, 29, Mocksville, Davie Co, May 2006, not rep missing until Apr 2010

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
“Hey, my name is Leigh, and my sister Brandee disappeared 16 years ago.”

Leigh Scoggin never imagined what would happen when she decided to share the story of her sister’s disappearance on TikTok. “I was really nervous to post that first video,” she told Dateline. “It took me a couple of months to even get the gall to post that video.”

What Leigh found after she posted that first video, was a community of strangers on the internet who wanted to know more.

Leigh’s sister Brandee Hope Canipe, was last known to be alive in North Carolina in May of 2006. The 29-year-old, who had been married twice, was also known as Brandee Hope McCluney and Brandee Hope Rackley.

“I am the youngest of four girls,” Leigh said. “She’s the oldest.” The order went Brandee, Staley, Paige and then Leigh.

brandee_hope_canipe_main_art.jpg

brandee_canipe_in_wedding_gown_and_veil.jpeg

brandee_canipe_close_up_dark_hair_bangs_smiling.jpeg

Much more at Sister takes to TikTok for help finding Brandee Canipe missing from North Carolina since 2006

I’ve been trying to find a match to this Doe and I wonder about Brandee now.

47C3213A-DA88-44D9-8E40-CA3FB4A59BB6.jpeg51A6BFE6-1E95-4028-86EA-8B11046D1804.jpeg

I’ve been trying to find a match to this Doe and I wonder about Brandee now.

View attachment 370491View attachment 370490
If I recall, the DDP found that Mecklenburg was mostly indigenous. I wonder what Brandee's ancestry looks like.

So many questions….
Was she living alone?
Who was the last person to see her?
Was she married at the time of her disappearance?
How long had been living in Mocksville?
Where was she employed?
Had she previously lived in Shelby?
JMO

• Missing Since05/06/2006
  • Missing FromMocksville, North Carolina
  • ClassificationMissing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth12/14/1976 (45)
  • Age29 years old
  • Height and Weight5'7, 140 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Light brown hair, brown eyes. Canipe may use the last names McCluney and/or Rackley. She has a tattoo of a heart with wings on her right wrist and a tattoo of a rose with a dagger on her shoulder.
    Canipe was last seen at her residence on U.S. 158 in Mocksville, North Carolina on May 6, 2006. Because she was often out of touch with her family for months at a time, they didn't report her missing until April 2010.
    Since her disappearance, none of her belongings have been located, including her car, which may have been a four-door Buick sedan. There has also been no activity on her Social Security number or her bank accounts, and her driver's license expired in 2008 and was never renewed.
    Authorities stated there is no evidence of foul play in Canipe's disappearance, but little information is available in her case. Her siblings are active in the search for her.

Brandee Hope Canipe, 29, was last observed in Mocksville, North Carolina, on May 6, 2006. Her family reported her missing four years later, as she was known for her sporadic communication habits.

Born on December 14, 1976, Brandee Canipe was the eldest among four sisters in Shelby, North Carolina. Known for her independent spirit, she left home early, often disappearing for months but always reassured her family of her well-being eventually.

Brandee's life included two marriages and motherhood to three children. Her daughters were under their grandmother's care, while her son lived with his father. After a stint in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Brandee returned to North Carolina, settling in the Winston-Salem vicinity with a boyfriend. In 2005, she moved back to Shelby to be near her daughters and worked at a local bar, Rhythm and Cues. By 2006, she resided in Davie County, an hour and a half from Shelby.

Brandee's last known sighting was by her youngest sister, a fifth-grader, at a bus stop in early May 2006. On May 6, she was seen at her Mocksville home but never returned. Her absence became alarming when she missed several family funerals. A missing person report was filed on April 19, 2010.

A search at a former residence in Mocksville, where Brandee lived with an ex-boyfriend, yielded no signs of foul play. However, two of her jewelry items were found. Since 2006, her car, a Buick sedan, along with her social security and bank accounts, showed no activity.

In 2006, Brandee invited her family to live with her in Mocksville during financial difficulties. After her mother moved back to Shelby and Brandee ended her relationship, she and her sisters relocated to a lakeside house in Belews Creek, owned by an unidentified man. The nature of Brandee's connection with this man remains ambiguous. The sisters stayed there until child protective services intervened, and Brandee briefly returned to Mocksville.

The lake house's exact location is unknown, and its relevance to Brandee's disappearance is uncertain.

There is no evidence of foul play in Brandee Canipe's disappearance. The details surrounding her vanishing are still unclear, and her case remains open and unsolved.

Brandee is a Caucasian female with brown hair and eyes, standing at 5'7" and weighing between 115 and 145 pounds. She has a heart-with-wings tattoo on her right wrist and a rose-with-dagger tattoo on her shoulder blade.

Brandee's attire at the time of her disappearance is unknown.

For information on Brandee Hope Canipe's case, contact the Davie County Sheriff's Office at (336) 751-5547 or the North Carolina Bureau of Investigation at (800) 334-3000.

Case Number: DCSO 100400307

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back