NC NC - Brandon McDonald, 35, truck found wrecked, Bladen Co, 25 Mar 2021 *reward*

Brandon's 36th birthday was yesterday, it was a rough and emotional day on his family, as we still do not have any answers about where my brother is and what happened to him. If I could have made one wish yesterday, it would be to find him and know what happened. Someone out there knows where Brandon is and I will not give up on my brother until we find him and get the answers that we, as his family, are desperately wanting to know. I know that I may sound like a broken record but please continue sharing Brandon's case, especially if you know people that live near Laurinburg, Lumberton, and Hope Mills area. Keep our family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for sharing.

To Note from article:
•On Thursday the SCSO, BCSO along with the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation searched Scotland County in an attempt to locate Brandon Carl Wayne McDonald of Clarkton.
•The search consisted of ground searches, K-9 searches and the assistance of aerial drones.
•his 2003 Ford F-150 was found wrecked in Fayetteville.
•Information gathered during the investigation led authorities to believe he was last seen in Scotland County.

Questions:
1. The article states his truck was found in Fayetteville. I was under the impression it was found in Hope Mills. Are these two locations close together? Which of the two locations was his wrecked truck actually found in?
2. The article states authorities now believe he was last seen in Scotland County. Are any of the previous locations discussed/shared in Scotland County or is this new information (an entirely new location)?
3. If Brandon was last seen in Scotland County, who last seen him there?

Thank you for sharing.

To Note from article:
•On Thursday the SCSO, BCSO along with the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation searched Scotland County in an attempt to locate Brandon Carl Wayne McDonald of Clarkton.
•The search consisted of ground searches, K-9 searches and the assistance of aerial drones.
•Information gathered during the investigation led authorities to believe he was last seen in Scotland County.

Questions:
1. The article states his truck was found in Fayetteville. I was under the impression it was found in Hope Mills. Are these two locations close together? Which of the two locations was his wrecked truck actually found in?
2. The article states authorities now believe he was last seen in Scotland County. Are any of the previous locations discussed/shared in Scotland County or is this new information (an entirely new location)?

1. Hope Mills is about 15 minutes from Fayetteville, so very close.
2. This is the first I've heard about him actually being in Scotland County. I believe before that it was only that his phone pinged there.

I don’t believe it has; thanks for sharing! :)

**UPDATE**
Brandon McDonald was seen leaving his residence, located at 6529 Burney Ford Rd, Clarkton, NC, around 3am on the morning of March 25, 2021. His last known communication came just a few hours later, around 7:09am and Brandon has not been seen or heard from since. He was reported missing by his family and later that day, his truck was located, wrecked and abandon, on Burbank St, in Hope Mills, NC. Brandon’s cell phone was missing but the phone case was in the truck. His phone last pinged in Laurinburg, NC. At the time of his disappearance, Brandon was last seen wearing a camouflage shirt, dark colored work pants, a dark colored baseball cap, a silver chain around his wrist and neck with a silver ring on his ring finger. Both of his ears are pierced and he has tattoos on each bicep. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Brandon McDonald, please contact Detective Matt Hester with the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office on 910-862-6960.

Thank you for sharing.

To Note from article:

Questions:

Reports have shared that Brandon’s wrecked truck was found in:
•Hope Mills, NC
•Burbank St
•Fayetteville, NC

Looking at Google maps, it appears:

Hope Mills is anywhere from 7-9 miles from Fayetteville (depending on the route taken)
Google Maps

Burbank St is located between Hope Mills and Fayetteville; I’m not exactly sure which city/town Burbank St is technically located in. (It states South View, NC)
Burbank St
Google Maps

ETA
Laurinburg NC (location his phone last pinged)
AND also area (Scotland County) where LE believe he may have been seen last is 38 miles or a 50 min drive from where his truck was found wrecked (Burbank St)
Google Maps

Last edited:
1. Hope Mills is about 15 minutes from Fayetteville, so very close.
2. This is the first I've heard about him actually being in Scotland County. I believe before that it was only that his phone pinged there.

Thank u. :)

His phone pinged in Laurinburg NC. So it’s located in Scotland County, correct?

His truck was found wrecked and abandoned in Hope Mills. Hope Mills and Fayetteville are right next to each other in Cumberland County, NC. The phone pinged last in Laurinburg, NC which is in Scotland County, NC. The reason why they are looking in Scotland County is because of the phone ping there.
Thank you for sharing.

To Note from article:

Questions:

Still no answers 4 months after Bladen County man went missing

Aug 3 2021
On Thursday, July 29, the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office conducted a search along with the Scotland County Sheriff’s Office and the State Bureau of Investigation in Laurinburg, N.C.

In a press release, the agencies said, “The search consisted of ground searches, K-9 searches, and assistance of aerial drones.”

Now, McDonald’s family is left with more questions than answers.

“We’ve been puzzled since the beginning because of where his phone last pinged at in Laurinburg and his truck was found wrecked and abandoned in Hope Mills, and that was just a mystery to us because we were like ‘why would he be up there? What would make him go up there?’,” said Shannon Russell, Brandon McDonald’s sister.

Agencies haven’t been able to uncover any new information. “We don’t know anything more today than we did day one,” said Russell.

Anyone with information in this case is asked to call the agencies involved:

• Bladen County Sheriff’s Office – (910) 862-6960
  • Scotland County Sheriff’s Office – (910) 276-3385
  • State Bureau of Investigations - 1-800-334-3000

Thank you shoppy82 for this update, very grateful .. it really saddens me to hear foul play is now suspected in Brandon's disappearance.

I really was hoping for a much simpler explanation for Brandon's absence.
I may be just a stranger on the internet but please know that i've been reading about Brandon's disappearance and i've been hoping with all my heart that he'd come home safe to you.

Sending love and hope to you and your family.
Thinking about Brandon x

According to the article:
•Governor Roy Cooper announced that the state is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the disappearance of Brandon McDonald
•His family previously offered a $10,000 reward
•foul play is now suspected in McDonald’s disappearance
•the CUE Center for Missing Persons has been in contact with the family about McDonald’s case
•last seen leaving his home in Clarkton
•his truck was found wrecked in Cumberland County
•showed the last known location to be in the Laurinburg area of Scotland County

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2021/09/29/governor-offers-5000-reward-for-bladen-county-man-missing-since-march/

A
dditional link
Governor Roy Cooper has announced that the State is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information in the case of a Bladen County man missing since March.

Brandon Carl Wayne McDonald, 35, was reported missing by his father on March 25.

McDonald’s 2003 Ford F-150 was found wrecked and abandoned at Burbank and Natal Streets in Fayetteville.

McDonald’s mobile phone showed the last known location to be in the Laurinburg area of Scotland County.

‘The Lord is watching you:’ Family of missing Bladen County man hopes billboard will advance case

With no sign of him for months, and no use of his phone or credit cards, investigators formally announced they suspect foul play in his disappearance. His phone last pinged in Laurinburg, and his truck was found crashed and abandoned in Hope Mills.

“It’s a very hard case, the reason being because it involves three counties. We’re in Bladen County, that’s where he lived, things happened in Cumberland County and some things have occurred in Scotland County,” said Bladen County Sheriff James McVicker.

The sheriff says the lead investigator assigned to the case has made several trips around the region and is still following multiple leads, hoping for a resolution soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back