GUILTY NC - Calista Lassiter, 3, thrown in pond, drowned, Durham, 20 Sept 2015

I noticed the father at first yells that someone has kidnapped his children then confesses to throwing them in the lake.

Wow. This is so sad. Rest in peace, sweet little one. :(

"I just drowned my two daughters in the lake back there … 'cause CPS wanted to take them away from me," he said. "I was dealing with some pedophilia things, OK, OK. I was dealing with some sexual desires that I was trying to get some help with, but instead they turned their back on me, the whole system, and tried to take my kids, and they took the rest of the, of the little happiness that I had."

"Y’all take this and learn from me. When somebody asks for help, really help them, OK? Because y’all didn’t help me," he continued. "You blame CPS for this. They (are) trying to take people’s kids over dumb (expletive), and this is what you get! All I wanted was help … They wasn't there for me. Nobody was there for me … Nobody helped me."
Read more at http://www.wral.com/police-raleigh-...ew-them-in-lake/14915396/#HHXFqfkdXwj8Q4tU.99

He's all about me, me, me.

So he was recieving treatment but was not attending on a consistent basis.He also admitted to counselors that the treatment was not enough to ensure the saftey of the children.
Well what was all the crying about how he was not getting any help?

Where are all of these effed up people coming from?

Tonight I just have no hope for us as a society. :(

November 2015:

Wake County officials ordered her last spring to put a "safety plan" in place to keep her three children away from Alan Tysheen Eugene Lassiter following allegations that he was having inappropriate sexual thoughts about children, as well as suicidal and homicidal thoughts...

Although Alan Lassiter was receiving mental health treatment, counselors said it wasn't consistent enough and that he told them that he didn't think the treatment could ensure the children's safety if he were around, according to a report from Wake County Human Services.

Ashley Lassiter repeatedly told counselors that the children remained solely in her care and that she would keep them away from their father.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/mother-of-drowned-girl-charged-with-neglect/15122977/#THubsU2HRcGVOHsB.99

Turns out he had been living with them since April, and she had given permission for him to take them to Durham on the day he drowned/ tried to drown them.

I just don't get it... If she was still home with the two surviving children now, and Lassiter was let out on bond, would she let him move right in again? Is she that stupid, or did she just not care? :banghead:

At a Sept. 18 meeting, Alan Lassiter requested to see the children, and counselors explored options for supervised visits, but they made it clear such visits would occur only after he resumed mental health care and his doctors could verify that he no longer posed a threat to the children, the report states.

Ashley Lassiter told counselors on Sept. 18 that the children remained solely in her care and that she would keep them away from their father, according to the report.

Two days later, Alan Lassiter called 911 to report that his children were drowning.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/report-mother-o...y-with-children/14943565/#brBrej8EmrLT3FkZ.99

Just saw this:

Raleigh man found guilty of murder in drowning death of 3-year-old daughter in Durham

By Ashad Hajela and

Virginia Bridges

November 26, 2019 03:06 PM

A jury found a Raleigh man guilty of first-degree murder Tuesday in the drowning death of his 3-year daughter and the attempted first-degree murders of two more of his children, who survived.

Alan Lassiter told his wife on Sept. 20, 2015, that he was taking their three children to their grandmother’s house, but instead he took them to an apartment community pond where he intended to drown them, a prosecutor said.

Lassiter, 33, sat in a Durham County courtroom Tuesday afternoon, with his mother present, as a jury delivered its verdicts on the charges against him involving his daughter Calista and her siblings Bethany, 5, and Alan, 7.

The jury weighed two weeks’ worth of testimony and evidence as the defense argued Lassiter was insane and could not distinguish between right and wrong. The jurors worked through lunch to deliberate a verdict within four hours.

Lassiter said nothing as a judge sentenced him to life in prison without the possibility of parole on the murder charge and between 11 years and seven months to 15 years on the attempted-murder charges.

Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article237787949.html#storylink=cpy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back