Found Alive NC - Casey Hathaway, 3, Ernul, Craven County, 22 Jan 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Jan 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Near the end of the video, the reporter says the sheriff told him until further notice, the search will continue around the clock. Thank you, Sheriff Hughes. ♥

Search underway for missing Craven County boy :: WRAL.com
    "We are hoping for the very best, but like I say, for a grown man it would be tough out here for this long, but, you know, the Lord works in mysterious ways and I hope he is working today," said Perry Turner, a volunteer.

Aerial video taken Wednesday morning from Sky 5 showed several people had gathered at the home where the boy disappeared from. Several law enforcement officers were also present at the house as the search unfolded.

2. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Other way around is what I've seen reported. His sister is the 8 year-old and also there is a 5 year-old cousin.

Jim_M, IHAVENOCLUE, watcher9 and 7 others like this.
  3. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

There could also be people calling in with information about family, whether helpful or not. People calling in about someone acting strangely. Psychics often call in tips in these cases, welcomed or not. Tips of places to look for a small child that they might not be aware of. They don't all have to be tips about him being in the woods.

4. soap mama

soap mama Well-Known Member

You’re so smart about SAR tho, I totally value you!!

5. kirkassoc

kirkassoc Well-Known Member

8 and 5, I believe. One was a sister.

6. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Poor little boy - Hoping he found some shelter and they will find him ok...

7. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

At this point, I am hoping for a custody issue.

8. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

I can agree with you on that! Better than the thought of him being out in the cold for a second night...or in the water or a sink hole. Any day!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    kimpage, Jim_M, IHAVENOCLUE and 13 others like this.
  9. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

Was so hoping to come back to WS and hear they’d found him....just so sick about this

10. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Volunteers sent home as professionally trained searchers work overnight looking for 3-year-old missing boy
    FBI Releases Statement about 3-year-old Casey Hathaway saying volunteers were sent home for the night due to safety concerns. Professionally trained searchers will continue to work overnight.

STATEMENT:
    The search for 3-year-old Casey Hathaway continues in Craven County, North Carolina. The Craven County Sheriff's Office is leading the investigation to find Casey.

He was reported missing on January 22, 2019, by a relative. Casey had been playing outside the home with two children he is related to and he did not come back inside with them. A relative in the home searched for Casey and when they were unable to find him, called 911.

Craven County Sheriff's Deputies responded within minutes. An intense search began and has expanded by the minute. Today, hundreds of professional searchers and volunteers walked through rough terrain around the home to try and locate Casey. Volunteers were sent home for the night due to safety concerns.

cont. at the link

11. Forpsy

Forpsy Well-Known Member

Amen.

Jim_M, IHAVENOCLUE, momrids6 and 5 others like this.
  12. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

Hoping and praying for some good news overnight for this little guy to be found safe.

13. Steelslady

Steelslady Well-Known Member

Only problem with a custody issue- unless it was set up to happen that way, how could this have occurred? That would mean that someone knew he was going to be outside at that exact time, know that the other kids were going to go into the house without him, then grab him.

Now if you were to say the possibility of a SO, I might say it's very possible. But for that scenario to be a custody issue- it wouldn't work because the other two children were there, and they would eventually crack, if they were told to lie.

14. Julindy

Julindy Well-Known Member

Aww no,I hope this little boy is safe and found soon.

AnnaGrace, Jim_M, IHAVENOCLUE and 6 others like this.
  15. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Regarding the divers being brought in this morning, apparently they were only assessing the local ponds and are currently on standby. Searchers waded into the ponds earlier, so it seems like they aren't particularily deep. I guess that's good news...
    SHERIFF: Still treating Casey Hathaway disappearance as missing child case
    Rugged terrain hampers search for missing Craven County 3-year-old

16. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Probably a good number of deer -- and they would run away from him very quickly. Maybe some wild turkeys, but they would get away from him, too -- no danger. I don't know if bears are active this time of year, but I would think the bears would avoid him as well.

watcher9, Jim_M, IHAVENOCLUE and 9 others like this.
  17. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

this is terrifying

18. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

Dear PommyMommy,

I agree. Sheriff Hughes' organization of this search has been stellar. It's been heartlifting to see all of the various organizations coming together - for one goal.

Just as importantly, his unwavering commitment and deep compassion flows throughout his statements.

The volunteer searchers share the same dedication to finding Casey alive.

Praying that this search team brings Casey home, alive, tonight.

19. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Hiya, Boodles! ;)

Yes, that's the forecast I've seen, too. Weather-wise, he should be okay, but I worry about food and water for him, as we all do -- he's been out there a long time for a barely three-year-old. SMH. Let's hope he has found somewhere to get a drink of clean water at least.

20. Geminigirl77

Geminigirl77 Member

This just doesn't add up. Little kids+water+woods is never a good combination. Praying they find the little boy safe and soon..

therion20, Julindy, cass523 and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.