Found Deceased NC - Crystal Morrison Prentice, 31, Concord, 23 August 2012

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by nursebeeme, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Considering

Considering Well-Known Member

Savemecastiel likes this.

2. beachlvr0810

beachlvr0810 New Member

There is another person missing in NC...I just read last night that his name is Daniel Harvey. He was last seen on September 10th...a Facebook page has been started called "Finding Daniel Harvey". What in the world is happening? 10 years ago I had hardly ever heard of anyone disappearing...now it's like a daily occurance.

3. Hucklepie

Hucklepie Active Member

There was finally a good, in-depth story on this in the Charlotte Observer yesterday, but now I can't find the link to the story. No new information, but at least the case is getting a little more publicity. Hope she is home soon.

4. Coldpizza

Coldpizza WS Administrator

5. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

The story above says she did not leave anything behind at work-does she have a phone? Has it been pinged, and records checked?

6. Considering

7. Considering

8. DecemberSunshine

DecemberSunshine Member

Thank God, Daniel Harvey has been found safe. Now, where's Crystal?

9. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

snipped...Since Connextions Recruiting is a customer-service business, all calls are recorded, so police were able to listen to the call. Police told Carey that her sister didn’t sound upset but did sound sick, according to Carey.

The family friend lives 10-20 minutes away and said he would pick her up, but by the time he arrived she was already gone, Carey said.

“I would think it would be odd,” Carey said. “She gave him specific directions to the building, then left.”

10. tarabull

Family holding out hope for missing mother
    September 15, 2012

snipped...On Aug. 23, Prentice called someone who was "like a grandfather to her" to pick her up, Carey said. Prentice told the man to come and get her because she wasn't feeling well.

The 31-year-old was gone when he arrived.

Concord Police said Prentice has medical issues that are a concern.

Why she walked away from the building, Carey said, is the question detectives are trying to answer.

Read more: http://www.salisburypost.com/Crime/091512-Morrison-missing

11. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

My extended family lives in Concord.. I told them about this case when it first happened/came to light. My family was at wal mart yesterday and there were people there passing out fliers (they called me to let me know that they are hanging up fliers and it was in the local paper... said it was the first that it was really visible in the community).

Praying that they get some leads and tips to bring her home safely.

12. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

At the rate women and children go missing and men also I do think we need big brother to watch us a bit more.

If your not doing anything wrong why should we care if we are watched on our streets!
    It might stop some of this BS.... It has to end somewhere!

13. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

People grip about cameras being everywhere-yet they seldom seem to be handy when people vanish.

Also, when they DO have video, it is worse than the blurry films from 1901-what type of camera even takes such bad video 100+ years later? It always boggles my mind when they show some video that looks more like an ultrasound and ask for help...

14. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Video helped LE find poor Leiby.
    I don't think we would have ever found him otherwise.
    :cry:

15. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

NamUs Profile

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/17268

Case Information
    Status
    Missing
    First name
    Crystal
    Middle name
    Dawn
    Last name
    Prentice
    Nickname/Alias
    Date LKA
    August 23, 2012 13:00
    Date entered
    08/31/2012
    Age LKA
    31 to years old
    Age now
    31 years old
    Race
    White
    Ethnicity
    Sex
    Female
    Height (inches)
    Weight (pounds)
    100.0 to 110.0

16. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

17. writer7

writer7 New Member

Do we know where exactly she was seen walking? How far away from her building, I mean.

If she was walking in one direction but still close to the building that may be very different than walking all the way to McDonald's to get a drink, etc.

Also, was her illness that day something that might involve throwing up? She may have meant to walk only far enough to find a private spot to vomit or similar.

I actually would look very hard at her coworkers and boss and the like, the folks at her actual workplace. I know zero about them, but given the general situation, that's who I'd make sure to look closely at.

18. Hermione

Hermione New Member

The police had an exhibit (ie, a table set up indoors alongside other organizations) at the county fair last week (like they do every year), and they had a good sized poster and a stack of fliers displayed on their table. Actually, it was the sheriff's department, specifically.

I'm pretty worried about this case, and want answers. This happened so close to me and I am always in this area, so as a female I'm obviously concerned that another female (and mom!) vanished with no trace. The thing that stands out to me is the time frame is SO small for someone to go missing in, it's not like she was walking around for hours. If this was a random perp who saw an opportunity to pick her up in a car, that's scary and this person needs to be found. If it was someone who knew her, we need to know that too, she has a son who needs his mom and loved ones who need her home. It's SCARY that someone went missing in the middle of the day so FAST in a relatively safe area.

19. tarabull

Human trafficking on the rise in NC, U.S. Attorney says
    August 21, 2012

snipped...In North Carolina the trafficking cases are increasing.

Children and women are being ushered through the interstates to be sold as modern day slaves.

"We've seen a lot of human trafficking traveling through I -77, I-85, I-40," said Anne Tompkins with the United States Attorney Western District of North Carolina.

Read more: http://concord.wbtv.com/news/crime/74694-human-trafficking-rise-nc-us-attorney-says

20. tarabull

Your question about WALKING got me wondering...

snipped...Prentice, 31, disappeared shortly after leaving her job at Connextions Recruiting on Corporate Drive in Concord on Aug. 23. She was last seen walking from work about 12:40 p.m., Concord Police said.

On Friday, Capt. Alan Overcash said investigators have no new information in the case.

"We know where she was last seen walking," Overcash said. "As far as a direction after that - we just don't have any more information."

http://www.salisburypost.com/Crime/091512-Morrison-missing

slightly vague right?? but I noticed something I'd missed before:

snipped...Prentice was last seen wearing a white top with black floral print, black slacks and black heels.

:what:

really?!?!?

:waitasec: