GUILTY NC - Danielle Locklear, 15, Hope Mills, 11 March 2014

Now that is interesting. How did LE not find the clothes or were they put there after the initial search?

Heck it could be nothing much. A baseball cap or a scarf?

Being that the grandparents live close by it could have very easily blown off of a trash bin and been there for some time.

Lots of pure speculation at this point in time.

We also don't know what condition the clothes were in, do we? Were they placed by the creekside, by a tree maybe? Were they wet or dry? Clean or dirty? Torn? How big is this creek- I've seen creeks that were little more than wet rockbeds and some that are small rivers? Maybe they weren't there during the initial search, but washed up? Lots of possibilities that could indicate lots of different scenarios.

Well.....old boyfriend's cell records and friends cell records are being searched through. Sounds like LE is onto something.

Search for Danielle Locklear continues

(snip)
(Capt. David Servie of the Hope Mills Police Department) said the multi-agency task force, which includes the Hope Mills Police Department, the Fayetteville Police Department, the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office, the SBI and the FBI, are following up on all incoming leads from the community.

“New information is coming in on a daily, hourly and minute-by-minute basis,” he said.
He stated officials are questioning family, friends, and are canvassing Locklear’s neighborhood, including going door-to-door to interview neighbors and those in the area, at the time of her disappearance.

Servie also stated that the task force was conducting “large area searches” in order to obtain information or evidence that will help them locate Locklear.

(snip)
Servie did confirm searches were conducted at the Lazy Acres RV Park off Claude Lee Road near Interstate 95, but would not go into details on whether the search was taking place outside Cumberland County.

(snip)
On the topic of volunteer community searches, Servie said at some point, the community will be asked to help participate in looking for Locklear.
“We are definitely going to do, at some point, a wide search involving volunteers and different groups,” he said. “But, our investigators will determine when that occurs. The focus right now is chasing down these leads.”

(Bold/italics by me for emphasis)
(more@link)
http://www.fayobserver.com/blogs/news/hometown_hope_mills/article_8d952a0a-b05e-11e3-bb1d-0017a43b2370.html

The "Find Danielle Locklear 'Dannie'" FB page is reporting that Danielle's case will be discussed on NG tonight.

Search for Danielle Locklear continues

(snip)
(Capt. David Servie of the Hope Mills Police Department) said the multi-agency task force, which includes the Hope Mills Police Department, the Fayetteville Police Department, the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office, the SBI and the FBI, are following up on all incoming leads from the community.

“New information is coming in on a daily, hourly and minute-by-minute basis,” he said.
He stated officials are questioning family, friends, and are canvassing Locklear’s neighborhood, including going door-to-door to interview neighbors and those in the area, at the time of her disappearance.

Servie also stated that the task force was conducting “large area searches” in order to obtain information or evidence that will help them locate Locklear.

(snip)
Servie did confirm searches were conducted at the Lazy Acres RV Park off Claude Lee Road near Interstate 95, but would not go into details on whether the search was taking place outside Cumberland County.

(snip)
On the topic of volunteer community searches, Servie said at some point, the community will be asked to help participate in looking for Locklear.
“We are definitely going to do, at some point, a wide search involving volunteers and different groups,” he said. “But, our investigators will determine when that occurs. The focus right now is chasing down these leads.”

(Bold/italics by me for emphasis)
(more@link)
http://www.fayobserver.com/blogs/news/hometown_hope_mills/article_8d952a0a-b05e-11e3-bb1d-0017a43b2370.html

This article was updated about 30 minutes ago if anyone wants to read it, again. I'm not sure what changed since I didn't read it before the update. This statement caught my attention, though.

She was last seen on March 11, around 9:45 p.m., when she was en route to visit a friend’s house, just up the street. At this time, investigators do not know if Locklear, a 15 year-old freshman at South View High School, made it to her friend’s house.

I believe it was reported earlier that she never arrived. How can they not know if she made it to her friend's house (maybe no one was home?)?

Also, I wonder why should would need to walk to a friend's house at 9:45 p.m. on a school night and what time her grandfather was supposed to pick her up.

Totally OT: Interesting "event" at the Lincolnton Walmart..."Man wanted for sucking toes in Lincolnton Walmart" :facepalm:
http://www.wral.com/man-wanted-for-sucking-toes-in-lincolnton-walmart/13497437/

Wonder if they are looking for signs of bullying on phones? If they suspect suicide via bullying? Or are they even able to obtain cell records for that?

This article was updated about 30 minutes ago if anyone wants to read it, again. I'm not sure what changed since I didn't read it before the update. This statement caught my attention, though.

I believe it was reported earlier that she never arrived. How can they not know if she made it to her friend's house (maybe no one was home?)?

Also, I wonder why should would need to walk to a friend's house at 9:45 p.m. on a school night and what time her grandfather was supposed to pick her up.

Totally OT: Interesting "event" at the Lincolnton Walmart..."Man wanted for sucking toes in Lincolnton Walmart" :facepalm:
http://www.wral.com/man-wanted-for-sucking-toes-in-lincolnton-walmart/13497437/

Sounds like a "Help Wanted" announcement...

WM wants someone to fill the position of sucking toes...

I wonder how much money one gets paid in that position... :twocents:

:waitasec:

http://www.fayobserver.com/blogs/ne...cle_8d952a0a-b05e-11e3-bb1d-0017a43b2370.html

Latest information:

One of the last cellphone signals from Danielle's phone was to an area near the Lazy Acres RV Park

The cellphone is still missing

This afternoon, search teams searched an open area approximately one mile from the 4000 block of Claude Lee Road, approximately half a mile from the Lazy Acres RV Park. Dogs and ATVs were used in the search, but nothing was found. The search there is concluded.

The friend's house that Danielle was walking to is in the Fox Meadow community off Legion Road

This afternoon/evening the search moved to an area behind the Fox Meadow community; the search included Old Rockfish Creek, a well-known hangout for local teens

Danielle's mother, Rowna Fowler, stated on Tuesday that she and her sister found some of Danielle's clothing along the creek banks during a search on March 13.

The task force created to find Danielle consists of approximately 50 people from Hope Mills PD, Fayetteville PD, Cumberland County SO, the SBI and the FBI.

Hope Mills Police Chief Joel Acciardo is requesting volunteers to help in a large scale search planned for Saturday Those who are interested in volunteering are asked to send an email to FindDanielle@townofhopemills.com. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Volunteers will need to provide their date of birth, SS number, address and phone number and will need to sign a waiver on the day of the search. Volunteers will meet on Saturday at 8:00 a.m. in the parking lot of South View H.S. and the search will begin at 9 a.m.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/article_5710243a-38db-5da7-99eb-62a40f9821cd.html

Wish we knew more about the clothing that was found. I know when my DD was 15, she nad her friends traded clothing all of the time, much to my dismay. But they exchanged jeans and 'cute' shirts w/each other all the time. So I wish we knew if those items were ones she was wearing or were they perhaps left by someone else?

Great info on JVM tonight.....the mother and grandmother's cell phones were also taken for review by LE. There was mention by her "step-grandmother" that Dannie had been acting differently for a couple months and it was noticed by others like Dannie's dad. Also, it was noted that Dannie had recently quit using social media....and that perhaps this indicated that she had made contact with someone online, or even in person, and felt the need to keep it a secret.

Hope Mills Police Department
Thursday March 20th, 2014 :: 06:26 p.m. EDT

Advisory**Volunteers needed for area search in the case of missing teenager Danielle Locklear. See nixle.com for details.**

On Saturday, March 22, 2014 the Hope Mills Police Department will be leading a search of the wooded area behind Danielle's neighborhood. Because this area is so large, volunteers are needed to assist with the search and we are asking for help from the community.

Anyone wishing to participate in the search should report to the SVHS student parking lot at 8am. Prior to arriving to the search, volunteers should email the following information to:

finddanielle@townofhopemills.com

The email should contain the following information:

Name
Address
Date of Birth
Phone Number
Drivers License Number
Social Security Number

Volunteers must be over the age of 16 and sign a release waiver at the staging area before participating in the search. You should use this email to register for the search even if you, or your group, have already offered assistance via phone or other methods.

The terrain in the area being searched is varied and contains flat, as well as hilly areas, light woods, dense underbrush, and swampy areas. Searchers should wear clothing such as long comfortable pants, hiking type boots or sneakers, and long sleeve shirts that can be rolled up if needed.

Address/Location
Hope Mills Police Department
5770 Rockfish Rd
Hope Mills, NC 28348

Contact
Emergency: 9-1-1
Non-emergencies: 910-425-4103

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5166855/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online