Found Deceased NC- Deanna Cook, 48, Manteo, Dare County, May 2019

doodles1211

Reaction score
5ce84f7eef03e.image.jpg

Authorities are searching for a 48-year-old woman last seen in Manteo.

Deanna Cook is white, 5 feet 8 inches tall, 180 pounds and has brown shoulder length hair with highlights, according to a news release from the Dare County Sheriff’s Office. She has a New York Yankees tattoo on her ankle.

She was last seen wearing a gray blue oversized T-shirt.

Residents of Roanoke Island are asked to check outbuildings and yard areas.

Anyone with information can call the Dare County Sheriff's Office Central Communications at 252-473-3444.

Police searching for woman missing from Manteo, N.C.

Dare County Sheriff's Office --- A couple comments from locals.

Oh, my. Manteo - It's on a little island -- Roanoke -- in between the Alligator National Wildlife Refuge and the outer bank islands in NC.
The locals have great accents -- a British Cockney and a Roanoke accent. When two true natives are speaking with each other, it's difficult to understand.
This little town has a population of about 1,500. People there can be a bit clannish, so if this does become a crime, it could be interesting to watch.
It's a pretty and quaint little place, great seafood.
The county is named after Virginia Dare, the first child born in the Americas to English parents.
Welcome to Manteo, NC

The Town of Manteo wraps around Shallowbag Bay on the eastern side of Roanoke Island, part of North Carolina's Outer Banks. Named the seat of government for Dare County in 1870, this waterfront community incorporated in 1899. In those early days, every store lining the waterfront had two doors - one for those coming by boat, and the other for those coming from the courthouse or one of the inns on Water Street.
Welcome to Manteo, NC

Most recent release by the Dare County Sheriff's Office
Dare County Sheriff's Office

May 25, 2019
Press Release Number 3

On May 22, 2019 a missing person was reported to the Dare County Sheriff's Office and a search for Dianna Cook was begun.

On May 23, 2019 seven K9 teams and multiple law enforcement agencies conducted a search of the area when Ms Cook was last seen. Camera footage from businesses were reviewed and interviews from said businesses were conducted A press release was issued Thursday to television, newspaper, radio throughout Eastern North Carolina and Southern Virginia and posted on social media pages.The National Center for Missing and Endangered Inc and The Aware Foundation also carried the press release. A missing persons report was entered to North Carolina and National law enforcement outlets.

On May 24, 2019 the press release was sent out via the Dare County Emergency Alerts System to the surrounding area Mrs. Cook was last seen.

Dare County has the ability to send emergency alerts to residents, visitors and property owners via text, email, and over the phone.
https://www.darenc.com/…/emergency-managem…/emergency-alerts

A multi-agency law enforcement team conducted another search, viewed additional camera footage. Dare MedFlight conducted above ground searches. Additional searches were also made and another grid search with multiple law enforcement agencies were conducted in the afternoon.​

On May 25, 2019 a very large search party made up of multiple agencies was again initiated in the early morning. A specialized search and rescue team was brought into assist.

The Dare County Sheriff's Office thanks the citizens who have shared the press releases on facebook and other social media, the businesses that have place posters in their establishments and all media outlets.

If you have any information regarding the location of Deanna Cook, please call Dare Central at 252 473 3444, Dial 911 or go through the Dare County Sheriff's Office facebook page and use the private message feature. Thank you.​

Dane County Sheriff's Office also comments below the most recent post

Dare County Sheriff's Office PLEASE USE OTHER FORMS OF SOCIAL MEDIA TO VOICE YOUR COMMENTS AND CONCERNS!!! Private message or please call the Dare County Sheriff's Office, 252-475-5980. This Site Is For Information Only. Inappropriate comments will be hidden or deleted and you may be banned from the site. And please, No Bad Language.Thank you!​

Okay, we don't have much information so far, such as who reported her missing or what the circumstances are surrounding her going missing. I have tracked down who I believe is her ex-husband (shared addresses to a certain point and different addresses later). Holding onto that for now.

I do have an address for her in Lake Waccamaw, NC that is allegedly current. That is some 260 miles or so away from Manteo.

Most recent release by the Dare County Sheriff's Office

May 25, 2019
Press Release Number 3

On May 22, 2019 a missing person was reported to the Dare County Sheriff's Office and a search for Dianna Cook was begun.

On May 23, 2019 seven K9 teams and multiple law enforcement agencies conducted a search of the area when Ms Cook was last seen. Camera footage from businesses were reviewed and interviews from said businesses were conducted A press release was issued Thursday to television, newspaper, radio throughout Eastern North Carolina and Southern Virginia and posted on social media pages.The National Center for Missing and Endangered Inc and The Aware Foundation also carried the press release. A missing persons report was entered to North Carolina and National law enforcement outlets.

On May 24, 2019 the press release was sent out via the Dare County Emergency Alerts System to the surrounding area Mrs. Cook was last seen.

Dare County has the ability to send emergency alerts to residents, visitors and property owners via text, email, and over the phone.
https://www.darenc.com/…/emergency-managem…/emergency-alerts

A multi-agency law enforcement team conducted another search, viewed additional camera footage. Dare MedFlight conducted above ground searches. Additional searches were also made and another grid search with multiple law enforcement agencies were conducted in the afternoon.​

On May 25, 2019 a very large search party made up of multiple agencies was again initiated in the early morning. A specialized search and rescue team was brought into assist.

The Dare County Sheriff's Office thanks the citizens who have shared the press releases on facebook and other social media, the businesses that have place posters in their establishments and all media outlets.

If you have any information regarding the location of Deanna Cook, please call Dare Central at 252 473 3444, Dial 911 or go through the Dare County Sheriff's Office facebook page and use the private message feature. Thank you.​
Wow -- seems they got their depts. and personnel organized and on the job, STS quickly. Let's hope she is found soon and healthy, so that all can go home feeling good.

If her address is Lake Waccamaw, she must be here on vacation or visiting relatives, IMO. If she is not known here, it will be difficult, IMO, for folks to recognize her from one or two pics. Could be a water accident -- swimming, fishing, shelling, boating, etc. No news AFAIK about that possibility.

Do we know who reported her missing? Does she have family here? Need more info, but LE may not have much to share.

Wow -- seems they got their depts. and personnel organized and on the job, STS quickly. Let's hope she is found soon and healthy, so that all can go home feeling good.
From the tone of the release I get the impression that they are rather concerned to employ those kinds of resources so rapidly after getting the call. I don't know how busy Memorial Day Weekend is in those parts but for them to be going out today with grid searches and such leads me to believe there is something significant to the circumstances of her going missing. Also, that they are holding back from having volunteers from the community being a part of an organized search at this point.

If her address is Lake Waccamaw, she must be here on vacation or visiting relatives, IMO. If she is not known here, it will be difficult, IMO, for folks to recognize her from one or two pics. Could be a water accident -- swimming, fishing, shelling, boating, etc. No news AFAIK about that possibility.

Do we know who reported her missing? Does she have family here? Need more info, but LE may not have much to share.
She has prior addresses at two different addresses in Manteo, so one could be a family home/family vacation home that is in her family or one or both are properties she had owned. Hard to tell yet without more digging.

I haven't tracked down relatives yet with a current Manteo address or a connection to common address in Manteo yet (only the person I believe is an ex-husband who shared those addresses).

Okay sorted it out. She is currently married to her husband (not an ex) and he is posting about her.
Here is her FB - you can link to him through her.
https://www.facebook.com/deanna.getmancook

For those without FB, would you be able to share his demeanor? He must be frantic and did he report that she is missing?

Is there any information about when and where she was last seen?

She has prior addresses at two different addresses in Manteo, so one could be a family home/family vacation home that is in her family or one or both are properties she had owned. Hard to tell yet without more digging.

I haven't tracked down relatives yet with a current Manteo address or a connection to common address in Manteo yet (only the person I believe is an ex-husband who shared those addresses).
Yes, in the little bit of info I found, there were two addresses in Manteo, and it also looks like she did live at Lake Waccamaw as well. The Waccamaw info I saw looked like she and her ?husband? had either a real estate business, a house design business, or a home construction business at Wacca.

For those without FB, would you be able to share his demeanor? He must be frantic and did he report that she is missing?

Is there any information about when and where she was last seen?
A single sentence post and a link to the news story about her missing.

So far we have no indication of who reported her missing.

As for her Facebook, her most recent post was May 19th and there is nothing indicative of something afoot in her life.

I just saw an article in WRAL News about a man who got caught in a rip tide along the Dare County Coast -- obviously not our person, but a rip can take even the best swimmer out into trouble in no time, if the swimmer panics or doesn't know how to get out of a bad rip current. We're had more than our share already this summer along the NC Coast.
It's a possibility to consider until we hear differently, IMO.

9:42 pm Saturday, May. 25
Dare County man dies after being caught in Outer Banks rip current

A Virginia man with a home in Dare County along the the Outer Banks was killed Saturday after he apparently became caught in a rip current, the latest casualty in a string of deaths linked to rough waters off the North Carolina coast. On WRAL News at 10 on FOX 50, Kat Campbell will have the rip current risk for the coast on Sunday.
Dare County man dies after being caught in Outer Banks rip current, officials say :: WRAL.com

Yes, in the little bit of info I found, there were two addresses in Manteo, and it also looks like she did live at Lake Waccamaw as well. The Waccamaw info I saw looked like she and her ?husband? had either a real estate business, a house design business, or a home construction business at Wacca.

I always need visuals to understand the big picture. Is Wacca an abbreviation for one of the two places, or is it a third place?

upload_2019-5-25_20-6-28.png

A single sentence post and a link to the news story about her missing.

So far we have no indication of who reported her missing.

As for her Facebook, her most recent post was May 19th and there is nothing indicative of something afoot in her life.

How often did she normally post on FB? May 19 to today is almost a week. Did she post every day, once a week - what's her normal?

I'm curious when, where, and with whom she was last seen.

Understandably he must be very concerned, and busy with more important things than social media.

How often did she normally post on FB? May 19 to today is almost a week. Did she post every day, once a week - what's her normal?

I'm curious when, where, and with whom she was last seen.

Understandably he must be very concerned, and busy with more important things than social media.
We only see what she posts as public - she could post more things that are invisible to anyone not in her friends lists (or subsets of friends). That said, she posts publicly about every week or every other week so not frequently at all.

Still no information on where or when. Comments on the Sheriff's posts about her missing have locals saying where law enforcement were looking or where they believe she was last seen but none of that is confirmed.

This is where the general area of her last whereabouts appears to be but it is unconfirmed

Google Maps

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back