Found Deceased NC - Devin Clark, 18, Lyric Woods, 14, found murdered after going missing in Alamance Co., 16 Sep 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
@elisimo : Do you think the US Marshals are after the suspect? I wonder at what point OCSO would enlist outside help to locate the suspect. We’re past 72h+ since the announcement about the petition.
“We will now work with local, state and federal authorities to apprehend and present the suspect to the court system,” he said.
I'd say they're already working with the feds including FBI and US Marshal.

Orange County Sheriff Charles Blackwood said his investigators identified the suspect with the help of other law enforcement agencies.

That is a possibility. If they’ve identified the suspect, they would know when they lived. If the family/friends/work etc didn’t know they were a suspect, then I would think they would report them missing, but then we would probably never hear from LE until they found the suspect.

I dunno. I still don’t understand why nothing seems to be moving and why they would announce that they had a suspect before they had this person in custody. It’s like giving them a head start by counting to 10.

I’ve said it before, if the suspect is the driver then why not give us a description of the car so we can be on the lookout. I understand that it could identify the suspect, but someone may know where they are hiding.

To the locals:

Hang in there y’all.

I’m just down the road in Durham and understand the uneasy feeling because, well, I live in Durham.

I feel like the suspect may be in G’boro or Durham but always be aware of your surroundings. Try not to be scared or alter your life, because this does seem to be targeted.

Thinking of y’all and sending you a virtual coffee. ((hugs))

At this point, I think protecting privacy of the suspect is low priority. They should have put out a description of the car, but it’s probably either long gone, abandoned, or destroyed by now. A description of the car is not equivalent to naming the suspect.

I just can’t imagine what kind of turn the investigation has taken. Would they have made an arrest without a public announcement? That doesn’t seem likely. Or what if the press release about the petition was actually bait, meant to draw out the suspect, but there wasn’t enough evidence to actually make an arrest. As frustrated as I am, I can only begin to imagine how the families must feel.

That is a possibility. If they’ve identified the suspect, they would know when they lived. If the family/friends/work etc didn’t know they were a suspect, then I would think they would report them missing, but then we would probably never hear from LE until they found the suspect.

I dunno. I still don’t understand why nothing seems to be moving and why they would announce that they had a suspect before they had this person in custody. It’s like giving them a head start by counting to 10.

I’ve said it before, if the suspect is the driver then why not give us a description of the car so we can be on the lookout. I understand that it could identify the suspect, but someone may know where they are hiding.
^^rsbm

I think it's likely that authorities long ago seized the vehicle in question and no reason to share this info knowing that everything they share with the public is being shared with the suspect. This isn't their first rodeo. We have to trust that the authorities know the suspect and how to safely apprehend him.

There's also a $10K reward by the grandfather of LW for info leading to the capture of the suspect. Both victims will be buried soon (LW on Sat and I think DC on Monday) and I think people will begin sharing what they know and who they know. JMO

True for a spree killer but I don't think that's the case here.
You seem to keep disagreeing with my post about being alarmed about the lack of communication about the armed fugitive, and Jersey has been making my point pretty well. I’m not sure why you are equating spree killer or mass murderer to armed fugitive who doesn’t want to go to jail.

Pretty simple points:
Armed murderer out there
Police say they know who he is
Police say they haven’t caught him yet
Police say they can’t tell the public anything about him

Now five weekdays later the police haven’t offered anything else and we are headed into the weekend?! If I was local I’d be looking over my shoulder because you never know what an armed fugitive facing life in prison might do.

So the police should probably say something more for the locals sake don’t you think?! Anything, something reassuring right?!

You seem to keep disagreeing with my post about being alarmed about the lack of communication about the armed fugitive, and Jersey has been making my point pretty well. I’m not sure why you are equating spree killer or mass murderer to armed fugitive who doesn’t want to go to jail.

Pretty simple points:
Armed murderer out there

Now five weekdays later the police haven’t offered anything else and we are headed into the weekend?! If I was local I’d be looking over my shoulder because you never know what an armed fugitive facing life in prison might do.

So the police should probably say something more for the locals sake don’t you think?! Anything, something reassuring right?!

I really don’t think this kid is on a murderous rampage, but I absolutely believe he could do something dangerous if backed into a corner. So I hope he’s not strolling around in public waiting to get caught. That could get ugly.

I’m disappointed that we haven’t heard anything - not a word! - from LE since Tuesday. Would they wait until after the funerals to provide more information to the public?

Pretty simple points:
Armed murderer out there

This sort of thing happens all the time. People commit murder and go on the run. Unless certain criteria are met, that doesn't make this guy particularly dangerous. His priority is getting away; hiding.

If this was a guy who randomly gunned down people for a thrill, that would be a whole different animal.

They're not going to update the progress of the search though, not until he's caught. That's how it goes.

I'd like to know his damn name though.

This sort of thing happens all the time. People commit murder and go on the run. Unless certain criteria are met, that doesn't make this guy particularly dangerous. His priority is getting away; hiding.

If this was a guy who randomly gunned down people for a thrill, that would be a whole different animal.

They're not going to update the progress of the search though, not until he's caught. That's how it goes.

I'd like to know his damn name though.
The Orange County Sheriff had said, a couple days ago, that once the wanted juvenile is arrested and in custody, there will be a press conference held. I don't really expect to hear anything else from his office until that time. JMO

Why would MSM article show these two victims covered in a white blanket and one image of a body wrapped up with a very distinct body outline? Why would they do that? Totally disrespectful to the victims and the families. Traumatizing too. Not to mention giving the killer an opportunity to glorify the killings. How disturbing.

SENSITIVE IMAGES at link below but added to link what I’m referring to.

Why would MSM article show these two victims covered in a white blanket and one image of a body wrapped up with a very distinct body outline? Why would they do that? Totally disrespectful to the victims and the families. Traumatizing too. Not to mention giving the killer an opportunity to glorify the killings. How disturbing.

Agree. The whole video was weird, with the dramatic music and still shots - which quite honestly seemed like all stock images. It feels like a podcast or YouTube video, not MSM news to me.

While in very poor taste, those pics appear to be stock photos. Some of the trees I see in the video, are not native to that area. I really don’t like when they do that.

I’ve noticed an upcrop of YouTube videos that use scintillating photos in their thumbnail for a 1 minute video that is supposedly about a missing or murder person.

Edited because words are hard.

Last edited:

I don’t think these are actual pictures of this crime scene, I think they are stock pictures used for dramatic effect.

While I’m very poor taste, those pics appear to be stock photos. Some of the trees I see in the video, are not native to that area. I really don’t like when they do that.

I’ve noticed an upcrop of YouTube videos that use scintillating photos in their thumbnail for a 1 minute video that is supposedly about a missing or murder person.
ITA. As someone who, like you, lives in this area, that does not look local to me. I also have never seen LE use that particular kind of crime scene tape, and while a police car is shown, it only shows a light bar, carefully avoiding showing any identifying departments. Everything about this video clip looks staged to me. I also find it weird that it is posted by a Seattle, Wash TV station. I am about 99.9% sure it is not legit, and 100% sure it is in very poor taste. JMO

It's JUST common enough that most people wouldn't think much of it. I'd think someone was scaring off an animal. Now if it's automatic, and super close to my house....I might think twice and be more worried.
I teach in one of these counties....so sad for both families
Yes. One shot at night might be someone hunting coyotes or raccoons, or maybe poaching deer. Fifteen? That's someone hunting people.

TikTok (private now — i tried the other tiktok accts listed in her bios but they didn’t work) … there is also a screenshot featured in a tiktok video of said profile before it went private , shows some still shots of her most recent tiktoks —

Has anyone been able to locate devins socials? I tried looking under lyrics followers but couldn’t find his profile. Devin’s mom did tag him on Facebook/ he had an acct but I haven’t been able to find an Instagram , tiktok acct for him.

I found his twitter. It hadn’t been updated recently. His handle is @DevinCl19203201

@Kittybunny @NCHydrangea @cocomod @SteveP

Oh my word…after taking a second look, y’all are right. I thought the website was a local news station for a KIRO 7. No, it looks like one of those weird websites. I usually don’t get fooled by that either. Ugh. Sorry about that. I’m thankful to know these beautiful souls are not being exploited. Well, not directly anyway. Thank y’all for replying. I hope there’s news soon!

ITA. As someone who, like you, lives in this area, that does not look local to me. I also have never seen LE use that particular kind of crime scene tape, and while a police car is shown, it only shows a light bar, carefully avoiding showing any identifying departments. Everything about this video clip looks staged to me. I also find it weird that it is posted by a Seattle, Wash TV station. I am about 99.9% sure it is not legit, and 100% sure it is in very poor taste. JMO
Totally staged and they even “credited” WNCN which is a local station (WNCN is CBS17) to make it look more legit.

Investigators believe the two teens were shot and killed, but no one has been arrested in connection to their deaths.

A juvenile summons was issued on charges of first-degree murder for a 17-year-old. That teen's named has not been released.

Last edited:
Video at the link states LW's stepdad was the local fire chief-- big show of support at her services on Friday and burial Saturday.

Lyric Woods' family and friends gathered at Crosslink Community Church in Mebane on Friday evening for the visitation. The high school freshman will then be buried Saturday morning.

[..]

Investigators said they believe the two high school students were shot to death. They have issued a juvenile summons on charges of first-degree murder for a 17-year-old.

That teen has not yet been arrested, and their identity remains a secret. Investigators cited North Carolina law when asked why the 17-year-old faced a juvenile summons rather than an arrest warrant. Still, lawyers involved in the case said the teen may be charged as an adult at a later time.

[..]

There will be two visitations [for Clark], both on Monday. The first will be at Blackwell Funeral Home in Burlington from noon-4 p.m. and then a second one from 5 p.m.-8 p.m. at Blackwell Funeral Home of Yanceyville.

Updated: Sep 22, 2022 / 05:10 PM EDT

The Sheriff’s office released the 911 calls to CBS 17 on Thursday.

“We actually discovered two dead bodies,” the caller said Sunday afternoon. ““There’s an access where the power company road ends. They’re just laying on the side of the road.”

The callers led police to where they found the bodies off Buckhorn Road around 3 p.m. Sunday.

“We were on a four-wheeler and we were actually putting out deer corn and we discovered them. So, we actually came home and I let my dad know what’s going on and he showed me what to do,” the caller said. “We’ll actually go drive back there and we’ll meet the police officers and show them where they are.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23