ú

Found Deceased NC - Diana Alejandra Keel, 38, car parked at home, Nashville, Nash County, 8 Mar 2019 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Mar 11, 2019.

1. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

The fluid extraction would have been done at autopsy.

The report would have been written after the results came back.

Two weeks is actually quite fast.

2. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

I don't know about this particular tox. procedure, but usually the M.E. takes tissues, draws fluids (blood from several places, urine, occipital and others, etc. ) -- during the autopsy itself, and the fluids, etc., are in preserving solutions, so the fluids will be "fresh" (yuck) for tox analysis in a lab. Depending on what is to be tested, backlog, etc., it can take weeks or months.

3. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

Yes, I know this, but I don't believe that ethanol can be detected with any accuracy unless the test is done within the first few hours post mortem. But, I am not a toxicologist.

alexwood, Jim_M and cybervampira like this.
  4. musicaljoke

Bess died on Jan 1st, the blood was obtained on Jan 3rd during the autopsy, then received by the lab on Jan 6th, and tested on Jan 17th. The report would have been generated as a ticker tape by the blood analysis machine. At least that's what it looks like to me. I wonder how long post-mortem blood will provide an accurate result. I have always understood that the test should be done within 48 hrs, but I don't know, there might be fancy algorithms to solve that problem.

I wonder if the ethanol test was done because Keel said his wife was drunk when she slipped and fell on the stairs with the turkey. Perhaps we will hear more about this.

BTW, when we have a heavy turkey to carry, my dear man carries it. Not that I am helpless, but he's a gentleman like that ... just sayin'.

Post Mortem

Alcina, Traymar, KatzEye and 10 others like this.
  5. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

“Reading COURT DOCUMENTS in the Diana Alejandra Keel murder case. They say the vehicle her husband, Rexford Lynn Keel, was driving passed a license plate reader in AZ. Less than an hour later, he was arrested. #ABC11” (BBM)
    8:16 PM 3/20/19
    Gloria Rodriguez on Twitter

“This is a sad detail but could be important in the case. The court documents say her body was found with only underwear and a wedding ring. Tire marks at the scene were processed.“ (BBM)

“I’m told Nash Co Sheriff Keith Stone and other investigators will head to Arizona tomorrow for Keel’s extradition hearing.”
    10:34 PM 3/20/19

No respect for his wife even in death. I wish she’d never met this cowardly loser. IMO.

cass523, Greenstreet, Alcina and 22 others like this.
  6. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="inmyhumbleopinion,

“This is a sad detail but could be important in the case. The court documents say her body was found with only underwear and a wedding ring. Tire marks at the scene were processed.“ (BBM)

No respect for his wife even in death. I wish she’d never met this cowardly loser. IMO.[/QUOTE]

(RSBM)

Oh, this is very sad, I agree, and so very disrespectful of that P O S to treat his beautiful wife and her body in such a way. Wow, that’s really low.

cass523, BOSCOE, Traymar and 9 others like this.
  7. inmyhumbleopinion

“Diana Keel case: Husband due in court as warrants reveal new information”
    Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 10:14PM

“[SBM]

The new search warrants released by investigators in Pima County, AZ, said that law enforcement communication was issued alerting officers to be on the lookout for a beige 1998 Chevrolet pickup, with North Carolina license plate number BBM-9232.

Shortly after 8 a.m. on Sunday, the pickup passed a license plate reader on westbound on Interstate 10 near Benson, AZ. About an hour later, a highway patrol officer spotted the pickup on a highway overpass on I-10 in Pima County. Lynn Keel was then taken into custody without incident.

Inside Keel's truck was a knife, camping equipment, a cellphone, bedding, canned food, medication, and a cooler, according to the warrants.

In regards to Diana, the warrants mentioned that she was left in the woods, wearing only ’a set of underwear and a gold in color ring on her left-hand wedding finger.“ (BBM)
    Diana Keel case: Husband due in court as warrants reveal new information

The fact that he left the wedding band on her ring finger speaks volumes about his controlling and manipulative nature, IMO.

cass523, Alcina, Traymar and 17 others like this.
  8. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

cass523, Traymar, MassGuy and 8 others like this.
  9. musicaljoke

Do you suppose that he was driving around with the murder weapon in his truck?

cass523, MerBeach, MassGuy and 5 others like this.
  10. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update, as well as your spot-on assessment of this human being.

ETA I wonder if he blindsided her either getting dressed, or undressed? Gruesome how he treated this mom. Horrid.

cass523, Alcina, MerBeach and 8 others like this.
  11. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

What a poor excuse for a man/human being. I wish every humility on him in prison.... A small bit of justice for how he treated her and left her body... POS.

cass523, AnnaGrace, scmom and 3 others like this.
  12. sloothseeker

sloothseeker Well-Known Member

13. inmyhumbleopinion

Very good point. I hadn’t even thought of that possibility.

He very well might have kept it as a trophy.

It’s also possible that it was simply for self-defense; I do believe that he was probably headed for Mexico and didn’t want to risk being arrested by authorities there for bringing a gun into the country [even though “(w)eapons laws in Mexico vary by state, but it is generally illegal for travelers to carry weapons of any kind including firearms, knives, daggers, brass knuckles, as well as ammunition (even used shells),” according to the State Department] (BBM).
    Mexico International Travel Information

14. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

Caught by a license plate reader, I love it.

15. alexwood

alexwood Well-Known Member

If she had an engagement ring with a stone, I'm sure he took that off her finger and left just the gold band. (IMO)

16. scmom

scmom Well-Known Member

Technology is great when it works the way it should. Justifies the money spent for it.

cass523, Alcina, kimpage and 11 others like this.
  17. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

From earlier new reports (apparently retracted)-
    "Authorities say someone in Arizona called a tipline to report that the suspect had been spotted on the I-10. The information was then relayed to state police and Keel was located."

Pretty big difference between the two accounts. I don't get why these things are hard to report correctly.

Regarding the plate reader- eventually, we will all be tracked by the government wherever we go. Sometimes this can be good and sometimes not so much. Not a discussion for this thread though.

cass523, Alcina, Jim_M and 5 others like this.
  18. Ched

Ched Well-Known Member

My head is bursting today , such sick people out there

cass523, Greenstreet, Jim_M and 5 others like this.
  19. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

and perhaps kept it to pawn/sell during his run from authorities? JMO

20. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

Well, perhaps someone in Arizona DID spot him and call a tipline, who knows? He could have been caught by both the license plate reader and the eagle-eyed citizen. But if not, that's quite a misunderstanding!

I'm extremely curious to know the amount of cash he was carrying, also. Whatever amount it was, he had to know it wouldn't last forever. MOO.

cass523, Jim_M, MassGuy and 2 others like this.