NC NC - Donna Barnhill, 13, Lexington, 18 March 1981

You should put all of your information into an e-mail and send it to the cold case investigator assigned to the case,

Could you direct me as to where I can find information to locate the investigator assigned to this case along with contact information?

I'm not sure if I can point out the man in a line-up but I do remember certain details about him and about his vehicle. It's been many years as I'm the same age that Donna Barnhill would be today.

Dana Ganyer said:
...Could you direct me as to where I can find information to locate the investigator assigned to this case along with contact information?

Lexington Police Department Point of Contact is: Corporal Angie Price
336-243-3302

----------------------------------
You could also speak to someone at:
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Charles B. Wang International Children's Building
699 Prince Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314-3175
The United States of America
Phone: 703-274-3900
Fax: 703-274-2200
Hotline:1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678)

Link:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=403

also check out www.findmarkalley.com

new detective handling Donna's case is Tommy Hampton

also NOTE: Donna's father Hubert Barnhill just passed away on Sunday...maybe the truth will now come out

possible location to search re: Donna

anyone know anyone with ground penetrating radar that can cut through cement?

tks

Brynews said:
possible location to search re: Donna anyone know anyone with ground penetrating radar that can cut through cement? tks
Some years ago, ground penetrating radar was used to locate a number of Confederate Soldiers buried under the pavement of a parking lot at the Citadel in South Carolina. GPR should be able to penetrate concrete, even with reinforcement "rebar".

Donna Michele Barnhill
Missing since March 18, 1981 from Lexington, Davidson County, North Carolina

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: April 19, 1967
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7; 125 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown straight hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: A mole / birthmark on her right arm.
Clothing: An orange sweatshirt; jeans; and a dark jacket.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Barnhill left her family's home at 8:30 PM on March 18, 1981 to walk to a nearby friend's house. She never arrived and has not been seen since.
NOTE: It was discovered in 1999, that Donna's sister, 2yr old Anita Barnhill who died in 1966 actually had been killed: a victim of child abuse.

Investigators
If you have any information on this case, please contact:
Lexington Police Department
336-249-8947

NCIC Number: M-434080016

Link:
http://www.findmarkalley.com/donna_barnhill.htm

You will find an active thread about Donna's case in the Cold Cases section of Websleuths. It is a very interesting case and there may be connections with other similar cases in North Carolina and other states.

Donna and Anita were my mom's 2nd cousins.Alot of stories have been told for years from family of how Anita died and Donna went missing.Alot of it you know,her parents were looked at but never charged.To me it seems crazy in this day and age that more was never done before.I know you have to have hard proof,but at some point common cense should take over when you realize only the parents were at home with Anita.Also from what i know they waited almost a month to report Donna missing.I would love to hear from someone lookin in on the case to compare stories and facts and hopefully find Donna and put the cases to rest.Also came across an old lettert that may be of use.

I just read that on her updated page on Charley project that her sister was murdered. I am baffled that no charges have be filed or anything on that.
Megglyweegly, can you tell us if there is an ongoing investigation or has it just been dropped and nobody plans to pursue it?

I don't know anything much about Anita's murder investigation. I highly doubt that charges could be successfully filed at this late date, though, unless there was a confession.

Oh, that's too bad. it's a shame that someone has gotten away with murder for so long. I wonder if the parents had anything to do with Donna's dissappearance or if it is a coincidence?

Wonder where sgoodwin went. I wonder if anyone is posting on ancestry.com site that may be connected to the barnhill family?

Did anyone ever contact the cold case investigator?

this is the cold case investigator.......there was an old 1997 post on ancestory.com

foul play is expected....do not think she ran away

Was the letter ever obtained from sgoodwin? It would be interesting to know if the letter provided any clue-

Are any other family members active with finding Donna's body? It would seem there is no threat of the parents of Donna since they are now both deceased.

If remains were to be found are there any family members available to give dna to compare?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back