Found Deceased NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tarabull, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sreshowtime

sreshowtime Well-Known Member

I am wondering if the (adoptive) father and bio mother are still together...and maybe Erica for some weird reason might be with the bio father??

(about time I figured out the {adoptive} father, the fb went poof)

2. StacyMarie83

StacyMarie83 Member

unfortunately i feel the same way :( it would be easier w/ a child her age to make excuses as to why they weren't somewhere (sports, friends, vacation, etc)....i'm sure it took some guts for the step-sibling to report this, it doesn't sound good at all.

3. Peliman

Peliman New Member

Any Flyers? I'm in the Asheville area. I wonder if WLOS will pick-up on this. They seem slow on the uptake of missing cases.

4. MidwestMama

MidwestMama Active Member

OMG...
    TWO YEARS?!?

Poor girl.
    I pray she is safe somewhere and they just didn't "care enough" to report her running away.
    However, my stomach dropped when I read how long it has been and that it was a sibling and not a parent that reported it.

5. beachlvr0810

beachlvr0810 New Member

So the grandparents live in China Grove and Erica lived in Salisbury? Those two places are not that far apart. I used to live in Concord and drove through those places all the time. I have 2 grandkids and another one on the way and I don't go more than a few days without talking to them or going to see them. How can you NOT know your grandchild is missing?

6. airplanelamp

airplanelamp New Member

Hopefully she has had the chance for that to happen........

7. Peliman

Peliman New Member

Just doing some searching for further info, got a date missing.

According to the Sheriff's Office, deputies are searching for now 15-year-old Erica Lynn Parsons. Parsons was reported missing last Tuesday to the Sheriff's Office by a step-sibling, investigators told WBTV.

She was last seen on November 19, 2011 at a home along the 200-block of Miller Chapel Road in Salisbury.

http://www.wnem.com/story/23050874/teen-girl-reported-missing-two-years-after-disappearance

On Monday night, Eyewitness News asked neighbors if they had ever seen Parsons.

Elizabeth Cardona said she saw a lot of police activity at the Parsons home last week. She said something else struck her as strange.

"I saw two ladies yelling at each other and I saw a moving truck but I didn't know what was going on," said Cardona.

http://m.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/grandparents-concerned-over-missing-15-year-old-gi/nZFQz/

8. Peliman

Peliman New Member

A poster by wsoctv, converted to .jpg for those wishing to copy.

ericaparsonsposter.jpg

9. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

10. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

Steve Parsons, who lives in China Grove, is the girl's grandfather.

He can't remember exactly when he saw her last but thinks it was about a year and a half ago.

He says her mother and father kept telling him that she was away.

---------------

"Just a little girl who didn't seem happy,"
    he said.
    Asked why he said that, Parsons replied, "I have no idea."

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Rowan-County-looking-for-missing-girl-15-218415181.html

11. dadgum

dadgum Member

Locally I am hearing she was home schooled (I hate when this is linked to mistreated kids, I home taught mine). Also have heard Erica does not know her birthdate. No reason given, except that her family seemed uncaring. Parents are reported by same news outlet that they thought she was with relatives. Ones they never checked with..? Relatives in Asheville? How do you not report? Also thrown into the story is that Erica was adopted at 2weeks. I adopted older kids, and after explaining where our new 5 and 6 year olds came from (lol), the subject never came up. They are my children, not my children adopted when 6.

12. AnjL

AnjL New Member

I'm new here but wanted to add my two cents on her size, as a young adult I was 5'1 and weighed 95 lbs. most of my growth was at age 15-16. We don't know what her bio background (parents stature) but her height/weight for a 13 yr old isn't really that out of the norm, especially for females in my lineage.

I'm much more concerned that the adoptive parents have already obtained a lawyer, and if that's the case....who is the lawyer and why hasn't the lawyer released a statement yet?! Very concerned that the adoptive parents didn't report her missing! How could they have not known?!

13. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

RSBM: Sold
    on Apr 18, 2011

14. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

It is never a good sign when parents don't report a child missing for 2 yrs and lie about it. What are they hiding and what do they know?

Julindy likes this.
  15. alreetlike

alreetlike Wait and hope.

It pains me to be so negative from the beginning, but I'm afraid I can't see past this poor child having been deceased for some time.

Julindy likes this.
  16. hot cawfee

hot cawfee New Member

Good Moring all------just tossing out a fast question-- was she malnourished?? Of course we would not know now, but what is that state of her home???? Hoarder like, messy, clean, full fridge, parents adopting a RAW or paleo diet????

17. hot cawfee

hot cawfee New Member

That photo does not look like a 13 year old girl-- more a 10 or 11 year old.

18. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

19. floridamomma

floridamomma Well-Known Member

missing two years

step sibling reports

family has atty

I'm not liking this. poor girl.

20. mikkismom

mikkismom Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.