Found Deceased NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tarabull, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

I am NOT a fan of breeders! they are on my bad side already!

Julindy likes this.

2. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

Here is my question, why report her at all after 2 years and not before, sounds like he pressed the issue, but he does not sound like a boy Scout either!:dunno:

Julindy likes this.
  3. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

In August 2011 the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office went out to the Miller Chapel Road home where they say James Parsons assaulted his mother, brother and sister and choked his sister’s dog. It’s not clear if Erica was the sister involved in this incident. Records do not indicate James Parsons was convicted of those charges.

http://www.salisburypost.com/articl...-why-parents-didn-x2019-t-report-girl-missing

And THIS is the person who finally stepped forward and reported her missing??
    WOW.
    :facepalm:

4. mikkismom

mikkismom Well-Known Member

5. mikkismom

This case had really gotten me (can you tell?)

Now, I'm pizzed!

Missing teen may have stayed in Asheville
    http://www.blackmountainnews.com/ar...064/Missing-teen-may-have-stayed-in-Asheville

jmo

6. Sin

Sin New Member

LE hasn't been able to locate her in a week. She is a child that no one can locate. That alone is enough reason to fear she's in danger. Number one LE can NEVER make too big of a deal over a missing child. Number two if she wasn't in danger why can't anyone find her?

7. sreshowtime

sreshowtime Well-Known Member

i call BS

8. TxLady2

TxLady2 Active Member

9. TxLady2

TxLady2 Active Member

Wow.
    So the bio parents wanted to establish a relationship with her and the adoptive parents said okay... without knowing anything about them. Then she calls them and says she's not coming back. And they said okay.
    And the brother has the habit of assaulting the adoptive parents and they kicked him out.
    What is wrong with this picture?

10. mikkismom

bbm

I was actually trying to find something RIGHT!

jmo

11. Considering

Considering Well-Known Member

12. Hejlena

Hejlena Former Member

It just breaks my heart that a child can be so far off the radar that no one even knows she's not around anymore :(

Homeschoolers--is there some kind of mechanism in place for the state to follow up on homeschooled kids to ensure they are, um, alive? Not to draw negative attention to homeschooling--I know a few who have done it. I also knew of a couple of cases when I did CPS where people thought they could just tell us they were homeschooling and we would leave them alone. Doesn't work that way in Minnesota, but would anyone have gone to put eyeballs on this girl??

Julindy likes this.
  13. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

In Utah you just fill out an affidavit each year. The state/district has never even laid eyes on my kids.
    However, my kids have FAMILY members who would FLIP if they didn't see them.
    No way could they be missing 2 months without questions... much less 2 years. :twocents:

14. Suthrnqt

Suthrnqt Verified Luddite

15. ACandyRose

ACandyRose New Member

http://www.salisburypost.com/articl...-why-parents-didn-x2019-t-report-girl-missing

"The Parsonses have a home-based business, Parsons Kennels, where they breed miniature dachshunds, pugs and hedgehogs, according to their website. The Parsonses have five children — three boys and two girls. Erica was one of three children who were homeschooled."

Geeze, this case makes me sick to my stomach !! :banghead:

Why does the Mother's name have to be "Casey" ? :banghead:

I'm still digging but here's a few links on the families "Hedgehogs" business:

http://www.parsonskennel.com/home.html

On the ordering page is the same address listed in MSM:

Casey Parsons
    218 Miller Chapel Rd
    Salisbury, NC 28147

Quote from page: "My "Human" Family...
    My husband and I have been married for over 21 years now. We have 5 beautiful children and 1 daughter-in-law. My kids range in age from 22 to 6 years. My oldest son is in the Army and is stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. I home school all my kids and love it. You can read more about our family on "Meet Our Family" page."

On the above web page, they don't provide a link to the "Meet Our Family" page but I found it, here it is:

www.parsonskennel.com/meet-our-family.html

I made screen captures of that whole page about their family just in case it disappears like Erica did !!

There's also ad's online for:

Casey's Critters
    218 Miller Chapel Rd
    Salisbury, NC 28147

More here:

www.southernhedgehogs.com/#!home/mainPage

Google searches also bring up where she's advertisng on Ebay to sell their critters. I haven't check Craigslist yet..

Happy Diggin'

ACR :seeya:

16. MarkW

MarkW New Member

The first 2 photos, titled "My Boys" and "My Girls" do not show up for me. It says file not found. Is anyone else seeing this?

17. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

I am absolutely HORRIFIED and sick about this. How can any parent not worry and fight for a child that they raised??!!! Adopted or not - she was with them for 13 years!! I can't believe that they call her rebellious.

I can't decide if this is better or worse, but could she have been sold?

Julindy likes this.
  18. here in nc

here in nc New Member

19. AnjL

AnjL New Member

Doesn't show up for me either :( I'm on an iPad.

Seems this lady takes better care of her animals than she does her kids! Maybe she should stick with raising animals. On her 'about me' page she talks a lot about the care given to the animals and keeping a clean house etc...make me wonder if she wasn't forcing the kids to do most of that responsibility? Her grammar on the about me page is horrible, and she home schools? Scary!

20. Peliman

Peliman New Member

I've been waiting for this shoe to drop. This is the brother that reported her missing, right?

He was adopted too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.