NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In bio mom's defense, she had placed the baby for adoption with this family. That means she wasn't Erica's mom once that adoption took place; Casey Parons was Erica's mom. I'm sure bio mom thought that she was placing Erica with a family that love children and would be able to provide a better home for Erica than she could. She likely had the wool pulled over her eyes by this family.

Once a bio mom has placed her child with an adoptive family, she doesn't have to check up on the family or the child. Many "open" adoptions eventually "close" and many bio parents who put their kids up for adoption never see/hear/check on the children again. Bio parents often have no real rights to see or get info about their children, even in open adoptions as they are no longer the children's legal parents/guardians (you can google "can open adoptions close" and read many stories about it). She may have felt it best for her to have limited or no contact with Erica until Erica was an adult and sought out her bio family herself, so as not to confuse Erica or get in the way of Erica's parents. Or she may have even been asked to butt out by the adoptive parents and legally, pretty much had to. Once this couple adopted Erica, the bio mom lost any right to her.

I wish bio mom would have placed Erica with a couple that had been throughly vetted by a reputable adoption agency instead of with this family, but I'm sure she thought at the time she was doing the best thing for Erica. Placing a child for adoption if you know you are not able to parent is the most selfless, honest, and responsible thing one can do and I'm sure she wouldn't have given the children to them unless she thought they could do much better for Erica than she could. I'm sure she placed Erica with them because she loved Erica and wanted better for her than she could give her. I'm sure she feels terribly guilty that she thought she was making a great choice for her daughter when in fact, this family is not who they pretend to be (and I'm sure the family for whom Casey was a surrogate would agree with that).

still receiving DDS payments huh...so now fraud can be thrown in the mix I suppose...and I bet they still claim her on taxes too
what a freaking mess
poor child

I am wondering if it was indeed a legal adoption...or some kind of odd 'foster' arrangement

BIG write up here on the family, interview, family tree, etc.

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130810/SP01/130819982/1016
Adoptive parents say they think missing teen is OK, scared to come forward
Shavonne Potts Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 12:01 a.m.
UPDATED: Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:17 a.m.

VIDEO Interview Part 1 is at link above (I'm trying to transcribe it now). There's a Part 2 I'm looking for if anybody finds it, please let me know.

What's kind of strange is when watching the video interview, watch the adopted mother's husband, Sandy Parsons. Either the cats got his tongue or something. He's like a bump on a log! Strange.

Parsons family tree (Erica's connection to the family):
http://www.salisburypost.com/assets/pdf/SP9377810.pdf

And now a more extended timeline on the case:

Here’s a timeline, gleaned from official reports; comments from Casey and Sandy Parsons and their lawyer; and media reports.

• 1998: Erica Lynn Parsons, just a few weeks old, is taken in by Casey and Sandy Parsons, who have three children of their own. She is the biological child of Sandy Parsons’ brother’s wife, fathered by someone else. They also take in Erica’s three siblings.

• 2000: The Parsonses officially adopt Erica in Cabarrus County. Her siblings had been placed in other homes.

• 1999-2011: The couple has two more children. Casey Parsons is hospitalized several times, some of them for extended stays, she says.

• February 2010: William James Parsons, 16, the couple’s biological son, is arrested for biting his younger brother.

• August 2011: James Parsons is charged with two counts of assault on a female, instigating or promoting animal cruelty and assault on a minor after clashing with his mother, strangling one of the family’s dogs and threatening his 5-year-old brother with a knife, according to Sheriff’s Office reports. Charges are dismissed when Casey Parsons does not appear in court.

• Nov. 19, 2011: The Parsonses take Erica to a McDonald’s in Mooresville to catch a ride to the Asheville home of her biological grandmother, Irene “Nan” Goodman. The couple’s attorney initially said they were given false names by the people who picked up Erica, but they now say they turned her over to Goodman and another woman identified as the girlfriend of Erica’s biological father.

• December 2011: According to the Parsonses, on her third visit to Asheville, Erica calls home and says she doesn’t want to live with them anymore.

• Sometime in 2012: Casey Parsons files a missing persons report for a younger daughter, Brooke.

• July 30, 2013: After his parents kick him out, now 20-year-old James Parsons contacts the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office and reports that Erica has been missing for two years and his parents have been cashing her monthly checks.

• August 2013: After undergoing two days of questioning by investigators, the Parsonses hire attorney Carlyle Sherrill.

• Aug. 5, 2013: The Rowan Sheriff’s Office issues a missing/endangered persons alert for Erica.

• Aug. 6, 2013: “Let’s just say we could not find her right now if we had to,” Sherrill says of Erica.

• Aug. 9, 2013: Sherrill confirms that he and the Parsonses have agreed to appear on the “Dr. Phil” Show.

I can't see any attorney thinking it is a good idea to appear on a talk show when you don't know where your kid is.

Considering... I would say someone else is wearing the pants, but that might not be nice...

I just can't, just can not envision ANYONE supposedly just letting their child go off to visit with someone whose home they have NEVER seen, much less never appear to have had any actual contact in person with....I don't care if Erica was a niece prior to adoption or not. I am thinking there is a reason she was NOT with either biological parents/relatives.
I just want to scream. Where is this child???

Oh gosh, it's pretty apparent at this point this poor child isn't with us anymore.

I mean, I am angry in this case, can I come out and say that the adoptive parents should be in handcuffs right about now?

Anyone have any logical reason why that's not happened yet?

Working from my IPad right now, so I will type the quote from Carolyn Parson's FB page.

"I am the birth mom she has no family in Ashville and I nor her dad have no clue where she is and we love her and want to find her and know she is safe."

She does not confirm or deny introducing the adoptive parents to any paternal relatives.

my apologies if this particular news report has already been posted

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/relatives-missing-rowan-co-teen-questioned-investi/nZKR8/

Casey Parson's mother and sister are on here ( Erica's grandmother & aunt)
snipped-
But with her granddaughter missing and her own daughter now at the center of the investigation, she feels like she has lost on both counts.

“We’ve lost two family members and one was just a little girl,” Stone said.

oh really, well Ma'am, I think YOUR daughter isn't LOST and Erica is MISSING not lost!

ETA- does Dr. Phil pay his guests??

I'd like to know when Erica began being home-schooled. I found it quite interesting that Sandy Parsons made the comment that Erica was boy-crazy when she was in public school. (From the wscoc interview)

snipped for brevity- well then who is this child???
from ACandyRose post #113 [/QUOTE]
Plus here's a screen capture from one of the MSM videos where they were saying another child was reported missing on 06/04/12 and her name is listed as Shelly Jean Parsons, age 16. Apparently they did find her but who is she, I don't see her mentioned with any of the other children's names?

acr-00036-EricaParsons_zps05d5805a.jpg
[/QUOTE]

ETA maybe she is aka Brook??

snipped for brevity- well then who is this child???
from ACandyRose post #113
Plus here's a screen capture from one of the MSM videos where they were saying another child was reported missing on 06/04/12 and her name is listed as Shelly Jean Parsons, age 16. Apparently they did find her but who is she, I don't see her mentioned with any of the other children's names?

acr-00036-EricaParsons_zps05d5805a.jpg

Originally Posted by sreshowtime
ETA maybe she is aka Brook??

I have a screenshot of the first part (maybe it's all - I don't know) of this report. It's Brooke that was reported as missing on June 4, 2012. The screenshot posted here by ACandyRose shows a portion of the notes section of the report. The first note made is at the bottom and the last notation in the section is at the top. The last notation made reads, "Parents located the daughter Brooke while officers were on scene. The father brought her home." The person who actually called 911 to report her missing was Shirley Stone (Shirley Stone is Casey Parson's mother). My thought is that whoever was typing the notes misunderstood/confused the names when the call first came in. The name of the person calling (Shirley) was heard as "Shelly" and the reporting party's first name got confused with the missing person's first name (should have been Brooke). Shirley Stone was the reporting party. Brooke Parsons was the missing person. "Shirley Stone" + "Brooke Parsons" became Shelly Jean Parson. Since the name "Brooke" is used correctly later, that's just my guess as to where the name Shelly Jean Parson came into the picture.

Working from my IPad right now, so I will type the quote from Carolyn Parson's FB page.

"I am the birth mom she has no family in Ashville and I nor her dad have no clue where she is and we love her and want to find her and know she is safe."

She does not confirm or deny introducing the adoptive parents to any paternal relatives.

I don't know why I can't find her FB account, can you give me a clue? :please:

I'd like to know when Erica began being home-schooled. I found it quite interesting that Sandy Parsons made the comment that Erica was boy-crazy when she was in public school. (From the wscoc interview)

Yep, here's the quote:
Casey Parsons: "She was normal, just like my other daughter. A happy go lucky little girl. Loved boys, even when she was in public school, her biggest problem was boys, she would go after them. She wanted another round of piercings in her ears, we already had one, we weren't going to let her go a second. She loves clothes. She wanted her hair long, she always loved her hair long and curly, and she waited til the day she was able to get a computer and things cause we let our kids wait til a certain age until they get electronic things, and she talked about that quite often, that she was going to get that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong