NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if the (adoptive) father and bio mother are still together...and maybe Erica for some weird reason might be with the bio father??

(about time I figured out the {adoptive} father, the fb went poof)

My children's grandparents are pretty uninvolved.
Even THEY would freak out after a year.
There are certain functions my kids are expected to be at.
(Christmas, 4th of July, their birthdays.)
Only missing a few of those would result in them coming to ME.
And again... they are pretty uninvolved.

I have a feeling we will end up with a Christian Coate situation here.
He wasn't reported missing for 2 years after he was murdered and buried.

unfortunately i feel the same way :( it would be easier w/ a child her age to make excuses as to why they weren't somewhere (sports, friends, vacation, etc)....i'm sure it took some guts for the step-sibling to report this, it doesn't sound good at all.

Any Flyers? I'm in the Asheville area. I wonder if WLOS will pick-up on this. They seem slow on the uptake of missing cases.

OMG...
TWO YEARS?!?

Poor girl.
I pray she is safe somewhere and they just didn't "care enough" to report her running away.
However, my stomach dropped when I read how long it has been and that it was a sibling and not a parent that reported it.

So the grandparents live in China Grove and Erica lived in Salisbury? Those two places are not that far apart. I used to live in Concord and drove through those places all the time. I have 2 grandkids and another one on the way and I don't go more than a few days without talking to them or going to see them. How can you NOT know your grandchild is missing?

Was she 95lbs and 4'5" two years ago? That would have been small for her age then, but really small for 15.

In two years, she could have had a major growth spurt & hit puberty. She could be many inches taller and tens of pounds heavier by now.

Hopefully she has had the chance for that to happen........

Just doing some searching for further info, got a date missing.

According to the Sheriff's Office, deputies are searching for now 15-year-old Erica Lynn Parsons. Parsons was reported missing last Tuesday to the Sheriff's Office by a step-sibling, investigators told WBTV.

She was last seen on November 19, 2011 at a home along the 200-block of Miller Chapel Road in Salisbury.

http://www.wnem.com/story/23050874/teen-girl-reported-missing-two-years-after-disappearance

On Monday night, Eyewitness News asked neighbors if they had ever seen Parsons.

Elizabeth Cardona said she saw a lot of police activity at the Parsons home last week. She said something else struck her as strange.

"I saw two ladies yelling at each other and I saw a moving truck but I didn't know what was going on," said Cardona.

http://m.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/grandparents-concerned-over-missing-15-year-old-gi/nZFQz/

A poster by wsoctv, converted to .jpg for those wishing to copy.

ericaparsonsposter.jpg

Steve Parsons, who lives in China Grove, is the girl's grandfather.

He can't remember exactly when he saw her last but thinks it was about a year and a half ago.

He says her mother and father kept telling him that she was away.

---------------

"Just a little girl who didn't seem happy,"
he said.
Asked why he said that, Parsons replied, "I have no idea."

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Rowan-County-looking-for-missing-girl-15-218415181.html

Locally I am hearing she was home schooled (I hate when this is linked to mistreated kids, I home taught mine). Also have heard Erica does not know her birthdate. No reason given, except that her family seemed uncaring. Parents are reported by same news outlet that they thought she was with relatives. Ones they never checked with..? Relatives in Asheville? How do you not report? Also thrown into the story is that Erica was adopted at 2weeks. I adopted older kids, and after explaining where our new 5 and 6 year olds came from (lol), the subject never came up. They are my children, not my children adopted when 6.

I was about to ask if Erica may have a health condition that caused her short stature, but after some googling, I'm not sure if it could be that she's just shorter (no medical condition causing it or disability).

According to this, the avergae height and weight for a 13 year old girl is:
60 - 63 inches and 95 - 105 lbs.
http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-weight-teens.shtml
That makes her about 7" shorter than the average at 13 (according to these numbers, I was 5" taller than this at 13, which is also when I stopped growing), so IMO there's plenty of inches under/over that many 13 year olds are; I don't really know if her height alludes to more going on with her. I hit my final growth spurt early (grew the most between 10-13) and I suspect Erica had yet to hit hers when she was 13.
I'm new here but wanted to add my two cents on her size, as a young adult I was 5'1 and weighed 95 lbs. most of my growth was at age 15-16. We don't know what her bio background (parents stature) but her height/weight for a 13 yr old isn't really that out of the norm, especially for females in my lineage.

I'm much more concerned that the adoptive parents have already obtained a lawyer, and if that's the case....who is the lawyer and why hasn't the lawyer released a statement yet?! Very concerned that the adoptive parents didn't report her missing! How could they have not known?!

It is never a good sign when parents don't report a child missing for 2 yrs and lie about it. What are they hiding and what do they know?

Good Moring all------just tossing out a fast question-- was she malnourished?? Of course we would not know now, but what is that state of her home???? Hoarder like, messy, clean, full fridge, parents adopting a RAW or paleo diet????

That photo does not look like a 13 year old girl-- more a 10 or 11 year old.

missing two years

step sibling reports

family has atty

I'm not liking this. poor girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors