NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dad said on one of the dr Phil videos that he just goes along with what his wife wants with the kids. He works all the time so he's too busy for that he said. (snipped)

Just wanted to give a little outside perspective. My husband knows I am involved here, but never really shows interest in the cases. He watched the Dr. Phil show with me this morning and used some "interesting" words to describe the way SP came across on the show. I am being polite out of respect for forum TOS. You can change the word "interesting" for words of your choice and a lot of eye rolling.

O/T My dear sweet husband is now hooked. He asked me if I needed him to wake me early tomorrow morning so I would be sure catch Dr. Phil at 9:00 am. (We have a farm, watching TV during the day is a luxury.) I assured him that I have the show scheduled to be recorded so we can watch it once the animals are all fed.

Just watched Dr. Phil.......CP cried only once....and that was when they were talking about her two littlest ones being taken away. I haven't seen her shed a tear talking about Erica, except for when she was asked if they had sold her or killed and buried her.

Also, and this may just be some adlibbing (sp?) done by the writers...... it was first said in the news articles that the son said his parents killed Erica and buried her in the backyard, and on Dr. Phil they stated he said they killed her, chopped her up and then buried her in the backyard. That was the first I had heard of that!

Very anxious to see the results of the polygraphs tomorrow!!!

I want to see the woman SP was supposed to be a surrogate mother for.

im fairly certain dr phil doesn't pay guests.

Sorry to disagree but he paid the Anthony family serious dough, enough to keep Casey in a condo not far from me on Satellite Beach until she was found and relocated. There was alot of money put into "The Foundation". With this family the lawyer probably has the money cleverly hidden to pay his fees

Just wanted to give a little outside perspective. My husband knows I am involved here, but never really shows interest in the cases. He watched the Dr. Phil show with me this morning and used some "interesting" words to describe the way SP came across on the show. I am being polite out of respect for forum TOS. You can change the word "interesting" for words of your choice and a lot of eye rolling.

O/T My dear sweet husband is now hooked. He asked me if I needed him to wake me early tomorrow morning so I would be sure catch Dr. Phil at 9:00 am. (We have a farm, watching TV during the day is a luxury.) I assured him that I have the show scheduled to be recorded so we can watch it once the animals are all fed.

Well if he enjoyed Dr. Phil then he might also enjoy the interview they gave to the Salisbury Post on August 9th. There's 6 parts and the video link is here so he can watch them at his leisure between feeding the animals. :)

Link to all six parts of the interview: http://www.salisburypost.com/interactive/video (Click on "Salisbury Crime")

I was watching the local news here over the weekend, yesterday and today (I'm in Charlotte, but lived in Salisbury for over 4 years several years ago--I know the road they live on well).

Several times they showed aerial and standing views of the backyard. Not only has the back deck been torn up/disassembled, but I also noticed that there is an above-ground pool that only had a foot to a foot and a half of water in it. The pool was obviously not being used because it was dirty and full of green algae. From what I could see, it did not appear that it had been moved by law enforcement (they would have had to drain all that water in order to move it).

I would love to know that LE has plans to look under that pool.

I'd be curious to know what the source of the hatred was that Casey had for Carolyn. To make that statement that she couldn't stand to look at Erica because she hated her bio mother does make you wonder.

But then again, why did Casey even accept taking in Erica to begin with, and then 2-1/2 years later to adopt her. That don't make sense. Unless Erica's disabilities was bringing in more $$$ per month by the State than the other kids.

I don't recall the media mentioning it but what about Food stamps and Wic, I wonder if Casey was still receiving all that for Erica along with the money?

Yes it would have. If none of the other children had special needs any state money received to foster them and I believe there would have been money if they were set up as official foster parents stops with an adoption. The reason the money continues with some special needs adoptions out of foster care is to encourage the adoption of the child and provide care that might be available. http://info.dhhs.state.nc.us/olm/manuals/dss/csm-78/man/CScXIII-05.htm#TopOfPage for those who want to read up on adoption assistance payments. Not that it matters really but do we know when she was adopted. I understand that she could have been placed at 2 weeks but that would not be when it was finalized. I am pretty sure that it would have been too early for the federal tax credit for special needs adoptions to factor in but was curious.

Well if he enjoyed Dr. Phil then he might also enjoy the interview they gave to the Salisbury Post on August 9th. There's 6 parts and the video link is here so he can watch them at his leisure between feeding the animals. :)

Link to all six parts of the interview: http://www.salisburypost.com/interactive/video (Click on "Salisbury Crime")

Thanks for the link ACandyRose! Up until a few days ago I wasn't able to watch the interview. (I read the transcript) We just bought a new Tablet, so now we can view it. Looks like my husband and I will have a date tomorrow. I am interested in hearing his perspective. Somebody not familiar with following missing person cases.

I was watching the local news here over the weekend, yesterday and today (I'm in Charlotte, but lived in Salisbury for over 4 years several years ago--I know the road they live on well).

Several times they showed aerial and standing views of the backyard. Not only has the back deck been torn up/disassembled, but I also noticed that there is an above-ground pool that only had a foot to a foot and a half of water in it. The pool was obviously not being used because it was dirty and full of green algae. From what I could see, it did not appear that it had been moved by law enforcement (they would have had to drain all that water in order to move it).

I would love to know that LE has plans to look under that pool.

LE moved the pool and looked underneath it. It's mentioned in msm and in one of the local news station's videos, the pool can be seen in a different location in the backyard. I'll look for a link for you later.

Added:
The search continued well into the night, with investigators even moving an above-ground pool and digging in the backyard.

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130816/SP01/130819802

oK? LET ME SEE IF i HAVE THE FAMILY DYNAMICS AS FAR AS RELATION TO the missing girl.
The bio mom is the sister in law of both adoptive parents [ bio aunt and uncle via the bio parents are PARSON and are the brother and his wife of the adoptive father ?So ? They are all related to her.
The more I read, the less I like what I am reading...

The bio mom was married to SPs brother. CarP had an affair with Billy Dean Goodman while married to SPs brother, then basically abandoned all of her children. SP & CP took in all 4 children and a few years later adopted EP. The other children went to live with another relative. CarPs other children have a last name of Clark, not Parsons which leads me to believe that those 3 children are not the bio children of WP, though they all refer to him as 'dad' on fb.

I just can't wrap my brain around the husband saying he leaves all that up to his wife. Huh?!?! If I told my husband I was sending one of the kids to live with someone else I'D probably end up being a missing person!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I just can't wrap my brain around the husband saying he leaves all that up to his wife. Huh?!?! If I told my husband I was sending one of the kids to live with someone else I'D probably end up being a missing person!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

^Yeah exactly. Not just him either. My mother, my father, his family, my extended family, and friends. Not one of them would of accepted "Oh I randomly decided to send her to live with a stranger" under ANY circumstances. That's one of the most bothersome things about this whole case... Wasn't any one of the people around them concerned for her? Didn't one person around them have some pretty freakin big questions?

^Yeah exactly. Not just him either. My mother, my father, his family, my extended family, and friends. Not one of them would of accepted "Oh I randomly decided to send her to live with a stranger" under ANY circumstances. That's one of the most bothersome things about this whole case... Wasn't any one of the people around them concerned for her? Didn't one person around them have some pretty freakin big questions?

Why did everyone around them just take Casey's word for whatever happened? Seems like she calls the shots is many things, and they just go along with it. Maybe something to do with the prior abuse charges? I have no idea. Strange dynamics within this case! :scared:

The bio mom was married to SPs brother. CarP had an affair with Billy Dean Goodman while married to SPs brother, then basically abandoned all of her children. SP & CP took in all 4 children and a few years later adopted EP. The other children went to live with another relative. CarPs other children have a last name of Clark, not Parsons which leads me to believe that those 3 children are not the bio children of WP, though they all refer to him as 'dad' on fb.
IIRC all children were adopted after their biological parents abandoned them, or were taken from them. Erica has the Parsons name because of the family connection. The others took the name of their adopted parents.

Why yes, yes indeed, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I was so sure the polygraph would have indicated the adoptive parents were being entirely truthful.;):floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I just read an article about the brothers(James) violent and emotionally unstable history..maybe the brother did it and parents covering up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail