NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I want for Christmas this year.....is Casey and Sandy Parsons behind bars!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Again, I am thankful that the media in NC have not let Erica's disappearance be forgotten. And yes, it would be great to see the adoptive parents wearing a pair of shiny bracelets on Christmas morning.

Unfortunately it sounds like the shed on Sutton might have been just a "storage" shed, perhaps until a better remote location was selected. :banghead:

www.salisburypost.com/article/20131...alerted-on-possible-presence-of-human-remains

"The court papers also say investigators had already begun to explore the possibility that Erica “may be deceased and her remains concealed at a yet unknown location.” Investigators have never said publicly they suspected the teen might be dead."

BBM I agree, I think she was stored there and moved to a more permanent location. :(

What exactly does a cadaver dog pick up on? The teeth wouldn't be what it smelt would it or does it have to be (excuse me for saying :( ) blood etc ?

Some links for us to work off of for the cadaver dog hit info recently released.

explanation of how cadaver dogs work at this link

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-cadaver-dog.htm

explanation of the decomp process at this one

http://science.howstuffworks.com/body-farm1.htm

Cadaver - Dogs specifically search for the scent of human remains, detecting the smell of human decomposition gasses in addition to skin rafts. Cadaver dogs can find something as small as a human tooth or a single drop of blood.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/zoology/mammals/sar-dog2.htm

I believe, based on my reading thus far (going back to the Casey A trial for Caylee's death) and other cases, it seems as if baby teeth, if shed naturally and not through violence would NOT cause a cadaver dog to hit. However, if someone who died and the teeth were removed from the skull during or after that death event, they WOULD attract a hit from a cadaver dog.

Hoping we can get a dog verified to weigh in on this subject.

Coleen Harry WBTV ‏@ColeenHarryWBTV 4m
Casey Parsons on search warrant info: "This is why no one has found Erica, because no one is searching for an “alive” Erica."

Coleen Harry WBTV ‏@ColeenHarryWBTV 7m
Adoptive mother of missing teen Erica Parsons says "this is so crazy" that cadaver dogs alerted to possibility of human remains. @WBTV_News

Kathryn Burcham @KathrynBurcham
#EricaParsons attorney: FBI came to hospital to question Parsons two weeks ago following search inv. possible human remains @WSOC_TV

"No one". Finally, Casey admits that neither she nor Sandy are searching for an alive Erica.

N.C. farm searched in hunt for missing teen

The search took place last month and was the second time authorities had looked over the farm in Rowan County belonging to the adoptive grandfather of Erica Parsons, 15, who has not been seen since November 2011.

Rowan County sheriff's investigators and the FBI served the warrant Nov. 14, but the affidavit was not returned to court until Monday, the Salisbury (N.C.) Post said Tuesday.

The warrant was based on an October visit investigators accompanied by cadaver dogs had paid to the farm. The affidavit said the canines signaled the possible presence of human remains.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013...issing-teen/UPI-17931387902890/#ixzz2oQPyBubG

can cadaver dogs tell the difference between human remains and animal remains?

can cadaver dogs tell the difference between human remains and animal remains?

Yes but as I understand it they will bring in a second dog or even a third to verify. <enter all the speculation> they can hit on a spot of blood on a bandaid, what type of training did they receive, what type of cadaver dog was used?

We do have some pro dog handlers here, which I am not.

In an email to WBTV, Casey Parsons said "This is so crazy. This is why no one has found Erica, because no one is searching for an "alive" Erica."

snip

In the affidavit supporting the search warrant, an investigator stated probable cause for searching the shed.

He wrote "during the course of the investigation no credible leads as to the location of Erica Parsons has been discovered. The case received national attention in the media and with this attention no credible information has been received indicating Erica Parsons is living elsewhere."

Detectives say "the investigation began to explore the possibilities that Erica Parsons may be deceased and her remains concealed at a yet unknown location."

Search warrants in the case show evidence to be seized included "knives, edge weapons, sticks, blunt force objects, other tools or weapons; tape, rope, or other restraint and binding material."

Investigators seized a board and a jacket.

They say a K-9 trained to detect human remains "alerted on the red building twice, which indicates the presence of human remains."

In her email to WBTV, Casey Parsons wrote, "The search on that property was awhile ago. Don't you think if they had found something I wouldn't be sitting here answering emails."

snip

According to the attorney representing Casey and Sandy Parsons, federal agents wanted to question Casey Parsons on December 13th when she was in hospital.

Attorney Carlyle Sherrill said Casey Parsons was about to have surgery when two agents arrived.

"And when the FBI showed up, the doctor sort of changed plans and did examine her but canceled the procedure and by the time Casey was released, the FBI agents were gone" said Attorney Sherrill

Attorney Sherrill said the Parsonses still don't know what specifically the agents wanted to discuss.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/24293448/...lert-to-possible-human-remains-in-parson-case

Oh my goodness.

I just read about Erica from a reference in Jeremiah Oliver's thread and have been trying to catch up from the first thread of hers. (I think that the time she was finally reported missing was around the time that my hives really took off, so i was totally oblivious.:facepalm:) And just by coincidence I saw the story about possible human remains. It is just so wrong, just everything...I dunno why but it seems like with every story I get stuck on a specific detail as if it pushes my buttons. In this case it is the story about opening an early Christmas present, the black boots. (Now I don't know yet if any aspect of that turns out to be true as immnly on thread 2.) Now maybe it is the time of year that makes it especially salient, but that is the detail that hurt my heart. Just imagine how excited kids get for Christmas to begin with...the magic and anticipation...and how the tiniest bit of kindness would probably magic to an abused child like Erica. It just seems so cruel to fabricate such a story...the irony I guess is what is cruel.

Oh, Erica! :rose:

In an email to WBTV, Casey Parsons said "This is so crazy. This is why no one has found Erica, because no one is searching for an "alive" Erica."

snip

In the affidavit supporting the search warrant, an investigator stated probable cause for searching the shed.

He wrote "during the course of the investigation no credible leads as to the location of Erica Parsons has been discovered. The case received national attention in the media and with this attention no credible information has been received indicating Erica Parsons is living elsewhere."

Detectives say "the investigation began to explore the possibilities that Erica Parsons may be deceased and her remains concealed at a yet unknown location."

Search warrants in the case show evidence to be seized included "knives, edge weapons, sticks, blunt force objects, other tools or weapons; tape, rope, or other restraint and binding material."

Investigators seized a board and a jacket.

They say a K-9 trained to detect human remains "alerted on the red building twice, which indicates the presence of human remains."

In her email to WBTV, Casey Parsons wrote, "The search on that property was awhile ago. Don't you think if they had found something I wouldn't be sitting here answering emails."

snip

According to the attorney representing Casey and Sandy Parsons, federal agents wanted to question Casey Parsons on December 13th when she was in hospital.

Attorney Carlyle Sherrill said Casey Parsons was about to have surgery when two agents arrived.

"And when the FBI showed up, the doctor sort of changed plans and did examine her but canceled the procedure and by the time Casey was released, the FBI agents were gone" said Attorney Sherrill

Attorney Sherrill said the Parsonses still don't know what specifically the agents wanted to discuss.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/24293448/...lert-to-possible-human-remains-in-parson-case

Probably wanted to just ask a simple question like "What did you do with Erica's remains?"

Are we not allowed to discuss the hammer and the field mouse story? My post on it got deleted but no mod message or snip. (Sorry, I know I should PM but I'm not sure which mods are around at this point.)

This picture bothers me so. Her expression of hopeless resign. Her eyes seem so old and tired :(

Every time I look at this one it just breaks my heart. Christmas, a time that is meant for joy, for love, for hope and goodwill, excitement. And her face just says "I want to just get through another day"

Makes me sad and angry all at once.

Look at her little nose it almost looks like it has been broken at one time. My heart goes out to this little girl.

Vigil in Kannapolis honors Erica Parsons

Echo Wilson never met her second cousin, Erica Parsons, but she has heard so many stories about the little girl that have touched her heart. The story of Erica Parsons, the girl who disappeared two years ago, has received national media attention.

Wilson learned about the disappearance by seeing it on the news and hearing from family members.

On Sunday, Wilson and others gathered for a service at Breakthrough Faith Church in Kannapolis to honor Erica Parsons, asking people to bring in Christmas presents for needy families who wanted to honor the missing girl.

Organizers sang Christmas carols and prayed. While the group gathered, an image of Erica Parsons was projected on a screen with the message &#8220;We Love You Erica Lynn.&#8221;

http://www.independenttribune.com/n...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

RSBM

At least LE is searching for some sort of Erica. I have yet to see Casey search for a living OR dead Erica. Why? Because she knows EXACTLY where Erica can be found and always has IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam