NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wbtv.com/story/26507224/...urt-fighting-for-custody-of-youngest-children

The adoptive parents of missing Rowan County teenager Erica Parsons were in court in Salisbury on Thursday for a review that could help determine the custody of the couple's two youngest children, and when it was over they learned that it will now be more difficult for them to be reunited...

In court on Thursday there was a change in the custody plan, removing the option of reunification...

After today, the plan for the Parsons removes that option and instead moved to a plan of guardianship, with the possibility that full legal custody could be awarded to other family members.

I am not sure if it was just intuition that something was stirring regarding the Parsons, but I randomly checked on this case today after a few months to find the story about the custody issues.

This is one of those cases that has stuck with me.

Rowan County DSS officials told a family court judge Casey and Sandy Parsons continue to employ "deceptive practices" in their fight to regain custody of their two youngest children.

In April, Eyewitness News received copies of two emails from the email address "a Hedgehog Place.” The emails claimed they were from a Rowan County DSS caseworker.

But when Channel 9 shared those emails with Rowan County DSS, an official told Channel 9 the emails were not valid, but "changed from their original content."

More information from today's hearing: http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/custody-hearing-thursday-adoptive-siblings-erica-p/nhK2y/

The motions also asked to deny any testimony or evidence regarding the Parsons' "alleged involvement" in Erica's disappearance in 2013.

The attorneys argued that information had no bearing on the allegations of fraud and identity theft and told the judge it could possibly confuse or mislead the jury.
Were these lawyers able to express this with a straight face?? Erica's disappearance has EVERYTHING to do with the fraud charges. They took money for a child who was no longer with them.

I will not be surprised if they have some dumbass claim that they were holding the money for Erica under the mattress until she got back from Nan's. And oh no there was a fire and the money was burned or they were robbed and now the money is gone.

No, that wouldn't surprise me at all , but it would sicken me.

I dont think they will ever get those kids back. I just wish they would tell what they did to Erica but thats not going to happen.

In motions filed Wednesday, attorneys for both Casey and Sandy Parsons asked the federal judge to prohibit testimony about any "alleged physical abuse or mistreatment" of Erica Parsons.

The motions also asked to deny any testimony or evidence regarding the Parsons' "alleged involvement" in Erica's disappearance in 2013.

The attorneys argued that information had no bearing on the allegations of fraud and identity theft and told the judge it could possibly confuse or mislead the jury.

The judge has not yet ruled on the motions.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/custody-hearing-thursday-adoptive-siblings-erica-p/nhK2y/

How exactly does Sherrill think the fraud should be explained? Erica's disappearance from their home and their care without a trace or any reporting of such to any governing agency is the entire foundation of the basis of the fraud charges? Where are jurors to be told Erica went as those checks kept being cashed, month after month, after month, after year? What explanation should be given about how their minor adopted child stopped living in their residence and cannot be produced to testify that the moneys they continued to collect benefited her even as she no longer was in their care and custody?

Should jurors be spoon fed the nonexistiNan and on a farm somewhere riding horses fairy tale instead? Help me out here? Should Jurors instead be told Erica ran away? Was kidnapped? What fallacy should jurors be given to explain Erica's continued absence with a person who does not exist sir?

Oh boy! They really are clueless. Manufacturing emails to use in court? Like the court might not notice it's a fake name and account. I can only imagine its' a DSS worker who said ' the parsons are great and need their kids back , i inspected them thoroughly etc. ' And they thought they would get away with that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!

In motions filed Wednesday, attorneys for both Casey and Sandy Parsons asked the federal judge to prohibit testimony about any "alleged physical abuse or mistreatment" of Erica Parsons.

The judge has not yet ruled on the motions.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/custody-hearing-thursday-adoptive-siblings-erica-p/nhK2y/

How exactly does Sherrill think the fraud should be explained? Erica's disappearance from their home and their care without a trace or any reporting of such to any governing agency is the entire foundation of the basis of the fraud charges? Where are jurors to be told Erica went as those checks kept being cashed, month after month, after month, after year? What explanation should be given about how their minor adopted child stopped living in their residence and cannot be produced to testify that the moneys they continued to collect benefited her even as she no longer was in their care and custody?

Should jurors be spoon fed the nonexistiNan and on a farm somewhere riding horses fairy tale instead? Help me out here? Should Jurors instead be told Erica ran away? Was kidnapped? What fallacy should jurors be given to explain Erica's continued absence with a person who does not exist sir?

I imagine what they would rather is that jurors hear no mention of the now dirty word ' Erica' as if she never existed. They went on as if she never existed and don't know why she has to be mentioned now in regards to any thing. She's out of sight, out of mind in their minds. UGH!

I think of Erica often. I follow here. It's just that there are so many cases and so little time.

These two "parents" are so awful. I'm sure the judge will see how clearly the fraud case is related to Erica's disappearance. I hope that she is found some day. There needs to be some more prosecution here.

I think of Erica often. I follow here. It's just that there are so many cases and so little time.

These two "parents" are so awful. I'm sure the judge will see how clearly the fraud case is related to Erica's disappearance. I hope that she is found some day. There needs to be some more prosecution here.

I hope they can tackle on some ' impersonating a state worker' type of charges for trying to pass themselves off as DSS workers. That is surely illegal and not just stupid !

I can only hope that the fraud charges result in enough punishment to make the Parson's tell the truth about what happened to Erica. I am not sure what prison sentences look like if convicted on the fraud charges, but for some reason I doubt the prison time will be long enough to get them talking.

Maybe the prosecution can convince one of the to turn on the other though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23