NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #6 *Parents chgd w/Murder*

Another MSM article about our little Erica, from Raleigh's N&O:

Nearly five years after Erica Parsons was last seen, her body was uncovered in Chesterfield County, S.C., people close to the investigation told the Observer on Thursday night.

Rowan County authorities confirmed Erica’s skeletal remains were uncovered Tuesday and said they will announce more details next week.

Erica’s body, recovered from a remote area not far from where Sandy Parsons’ mother lived, has already been moved to the N.C. Medical Examiner’s Office and identified.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article105048256.html#emlnl=Breaking_News_Alerts

And one from WRAL:

Body of Erica Parsons found 5 years after disappearance

Erica was reported missing by a relative on July 30, 2013. The relative advised investigators he hadn't seen Erica since November of 2011 when she was 13-years-old.
Read more at http://www.wral.com/#TUGBkTyiy07dqXjs.99

OMG! I saw the news and at first was the sad truth that Erica really WAS gone, then intense anger engulfed me.

This poor, sweet child deserved so much better. I remember when this case first broke and I saw the picture of Erica. I wanted to reach into the picture and carry her away to safety and show her that not everyone was like the monsters she lived with.

I am thankful she has been located. She is a very special little angel with so many other children who have gone before her.
:rose:

*not been posting very much because of wrist surgery

I had never followed this case before and will have to do a lot of reading this weekend. This may sound odd, but sometimes I will come across one of these cases and feel that I need to go back to the beginning to read it because the victim deserves my time. Like it's the least I can do.

Is it possible for these questions to be answered very quickly though:

*If she was abused by SO many people, why didn't somebody/anybody EVER report it? There wasn't one decent human being ever in her presence?

*Was this a true foster placement (thru the regulatory agencies) or informal?

If the answers are more complicated - just tell me to read up on it. No worries.
Thanks!

I'm just reading this today and, while I knew she was dead, I couldn't admit it to myself. Now, it's a very sad reality.

BrownRice, it has long been my belief that Casey and Sandy mistreated and abused all their children, Erica most of all. I've seen so many cases where the parents involved their own biological children in Erica's abuse. As abused children themselves, they were put into an impossible situation. They could abuse Erica or be further abused themselves. I believe that is why James didn't speak up sooner.

I don't blame James or the other children. Casey and Sandy created a miserable existence for their children.

Based on the reported abuse, x-rays should reveal any broken bones and how old they were. I wouldn't be surprised if she is found to have broken ribs, which punctured her lungs. They will be easy to see in those x-rays.

My heart is broken all over about Erica. Her life and death had to be torturous. I hope her years with the Angels have helped her little soul to heal.

I keep a prayer notebook - kind of a journal. Sweet Erica has been on my list of those I kept in my heart. Sweet child can be safe now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh! Finally! Finally one of those monsters did the right thing, even if for selfish reasons. Finally Erica can can be laid to rest with her name.

I really didn't think she would ever be found.

<3 sweet Erica.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Snips from article:

Family and unidentified law enforcement sources told Channel 9 that Erica Parsons' adoptive father, Sandy Parsons, led investigators to the remains.

Erica's aunt Teresa Goodman said officials struck a deal with Erica's adopted father, Sandy Parsons, from prison where he and his wife are both serving sentences for accepting federal benefits for Erica after she disappeared.

In July, Channel 9 talked to Erica’s aunt and adoptive sister. They believed Casey and Sandy Parsons knew where Erica was located.

They said that when they visited Sandy Parsons in prison, he said he would tell investigators where Erica was if they gave him a deal.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/bo...ed-five-years-after-she-disappeared/451930197

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

David Whisenant WBTVVerified account &#8207;@DavidWhisenant 54s54 seconds ago
Organizers have planned a balloon release 8p tonight at Rowan County Courthouse to remember #EricaParsons and take donations for her burial.

https://twitter.com/DavidWhisenant

RIP Erica.

When I first joined Websleuth's, this was one of the first cases I read. I really lost hope that they would find her. That blood found in the shed.... I knew she wasn't with us anymore. I'm so glad she was found and can rest now. Poor baby.

Rest gently, Erica ! :(

What a horrible life she'd had.
Some people make me vomit.

David Whisenant WBTVVerified account &#8207;@DavidWhisenant 54s54 seconds ago
Organizers have planned a balloon release 8p tonight at Rowan County Courthouse to remember #EricaParsons and take donations for her burial.

https://twitter.com/DavidWhisenant

This is lovely. I'm only just learning about the full horror of what this lovely young lady endured it is horrific. I'm so sorry Erica only had 13 years of life and spent them enduring living hell. I'm concerned about their other children and hope they have access to therapy for the psychological trauma they have endured so that the next generation of children don't suffer too.

I hope charges are coming ASAP early next week and they get the max. Is there a reason why they haven't been charged for psychological & physical abuse of the other children? I know Erica was singled out and bore the majority of the suffering but surely forcing your child to beat another child is also child abuse they can be charged for.

R.I.P Erica Parsons.

This is the first time I've heard of this case, and I follow crime news pretty closely. Or at least thought I did.

There's far too much evil in the world...

The only satisfaction here is that these two individuals will probably never get out of prison. Other that that, the story is just horrific and terribly sad.

13 yrs is a short life but a very , very long time to endure what she did. There are a few cases that touch us deeply and impact us and Erica is definitely one of those. If you are just now hearing about this and have not read up on her life, the details are overwhelming. I implore you not to read them . To live one day in her life would be an eternity. It is a tragedy that she has to take THEIR name with her to the grave. She is Erica Parsons but taking that name sealed her fate. The Parsons are evil monsters and while I'm grateful one seems to be cooperating now, it's much too late.
I have been at odds with my religious upbringing for years and not sure what I believe some days. On a day like this I HAVE to believe there is a Heaven and Erica Lynn is there resting peacefully and joyfully . I HAVE to believe there is a Hell awaiting sickening people who torment the greatest gift of all. I have to !

Oh Erica!!! I just heard the news.

:rose: Now you can Rest Gently sweet girl. :rose:

Please, oh please, hold those monsters responsible!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back