NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sep 2012 #3

Right. But not super basic stuff. This is from the day they were arrested. Now contrast that with the article about this arrest:

I watched the trial on this case. It appears that CHPD hoped for another "slam dunk" case and brought in their "A-Team" JMO

I know "a palm print" was on murder weapon but last I remember they had not yet confirmed that it matched MESO, or do others recall that confirmation coming? ...details of this case are rapidly fading from my memory :(
Also, my bigger concern is that IF 2 perps were involved, and tell 2 very different stories, it may be hard to untangle who gets charged with delivering the murderous blow and who gets charged as an accessory.
If more than 1 perp were involved, then it wouldn't matter who actually delivered the fatal blow, because of the felony murder rule. If two or more individuals are involved in a burglary (or sexual assault) that results in a death, they are both equally culpable, regardless of who actually did the killing. At least that is how it works in many states in the USA. I'd have to look at the murder statute for NC to see how it specifically is implemented in that jurisdiction.

What is the name of the fast food establishment that Faith got the bag from?

Hard to believe that in little more than a month the 10th anniversary of this horrific crime arrives... still no real closure or resolution, and an incredible length of time with no further word since the arrest of a supposed suspect, based on supposed DNA. Surely the press will be all over this case at the occasion of the 10th anniversary... but will law enforcement have anything noteworthy to say at all to those still in anguish??? And how many more investigators, lawyers, persons-of-interest, and Faith's loved ones will simply die before the case ever comes to trial?

Hard to believe that in little more than a month the 10th anniversary of this horrific crime arrives... still no real closure or resolution, and an incredible length of time with no further word since the arrest of a supposed suspect, based on supposed DNA. Surely the press will be all over this case at the occasion of the 10th anniversary... but will law enforcement have anything noteworthy to say at all to those still in anguish??? And how many more investigators, lawyers, persons-of-interest, and Faith's loved ones will simply die before the case ever comes to trial?
I just think of her dad and shake my head. In our Southern lingo, we would say, "She was his eye-ball," obviously meaning she was everything to him.
I'm also sure that LE is still frustrated as he!!.
Justice, please come soon.

If the press has nothing to say on the 10th anniversary, that will be a huge clue to us, IMO, that there are serious issues with this case. Because the only way I think they would stay quiet is if LE asked/ordered them to.

If the press has nothing to say on the 10th anniversary, that will be a huge clue to us, IMO, that there are serious issues with this case. Because the only way I think they would stay quiet is if LE asked/ordered them to.
yeah, I'm not generally drawn too easily toward conspiracy-type thoughts but I do wonder if police chief Blue's resignation by end of year is in any way pre-emptive of something, ...ahem, proverbial, soon to hit the fan in this case? Just sayin'. :(

Is the woman in this picture Karena Rosario, and if so, does it imply that she and Faith's family have made up with each other?

my guess would be no as she is wearing a DUKE sweatshirt and KR went to UNC :cool:
I don't see any logo. It just looks solid grey. But I'm really hoping that's her because that would imply that Faith's family aren't still suspicious of her anymore if she's sitting right next to Faith's father.

EDIT: you're right there are other angles and it clearly says DUKE when viewed from the front.

Can hardly believe THIS is the 10th anniversary of Faith’s murder and barely a peep heard from either press or law enforcement — how can that be!? Only bit of press I’ve seen thus far is this piece from CBS17 hardly adding anything new:
https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/orange-county-news/10-years-later-the-legacy-of-slain-unc-student-faith-hedgepeth/

It ends with this rather hollow-sounding statement from (soon-to-retire) Police Chief Blue:

Our thoughts are with all of Faith’s family and friends on the tenth anniversary of her murder. In partnership with the Durham County District Attorney, we remain committed to bringing justice to Faith and her family.
...meanwhile, still no trial date for the accused arrested a year ago?

Surely, sometime this week there will be more to say!?????????????

Can hardly believe THIS is the 10th anniversary of Faith’s murder and barely a peep heard from either press or law enforcement — how can that be!? Only bit of press I’ve seen thus far is this piece from CBS17 hardly adding anything new:
https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/orange-county-news/10-years-later-the-legacy-of-slain-unc-student-faith-hedgepeth/

It ends with this rather hollow-sounding statement from (soon-to-retire) Police Chief Blue:

Our thoughts are with all of Faith’s family and friends on the tenth anniversary of her murder. In partnership with the Durham County District Attorney, we remain committed to bringing justice to Faith and her family.
...meanwhile, still no trial date for the accused arrested a year ago?

Surely, sometime this week there will be more to say!?????????????
I agree. This is all so very strange.

The twitter caption described her as being a "friend."

I've seen multiple pics and video of her sister, that is her, that is not Karena. Don't you think with all the hype over Karena in this case the media would've posted more if she showed up to court? Believe me, they won't let that go by quietly. Karena remains out of sight.

I've seen multiple pics and video of her sister, that is her, that is not Karena. Don't you think with all the hype over Karena in this case the media would've posted more if she showed up to court? Believe me, they won't let that go by quietly. Karena remains out of sight.
I don't think it is Karena anymore, but I also don't think that's her sister. Unless the caption was incorrect.

New today in the local press (…but not much new in the way of information):

1 Year After Arrest in Hedgepeth Murder Case, What Do We Know? - Chapelboro.com

It does say that:
“His next court date is scheduled for Thursday, October 13 — but it is largely procedural and not the start of any trial."

I’m surprised we haven’t heard more about this….?
At this point, it is clear that they've decided nothing new will come out until it is time for a trial. The reason is probably to preserve the accused's right to a fair trial with an untainted jury pool. It may be that the defense asked for a gag order and got one, or it may be that this is SOP for how the Chapel Hill police handles trials.

The only way that I think there could be any new information before now and the time of trial is if someone else gets arrested, which I don't think is going to happen, because I don't think anyone else was part of the murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back