NC NC - Florence Burgoyne Doolittle, 64, Greensboro, 8 July 1982

anthrobones

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1398dfnc.html

Florence Burgoyne Doolittle
Missing since July 8, 1982 from Greenboro, Guilford County, North Carolina.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: March 18, 1918
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 74 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 125 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
  • Marks, Scars: Healed fracture on right arm, past surgery on 4th and 5th Lumbar vertibrae, and implanted pace-maker.
  • Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Doolittle was last seen on July 8, 1982 in Greenboro, NC.

Hello,

I am researching and trying to find out any information on Florence B. Doolittle, she was my grandmother. I was very young when she came up missing. Is there any news paper articles that I cab locate?

Also the math is off on this information. She was 64. She was born in 1918 and disappeared in 1982.

Please contact me with any information. Robyn1972@comcast.net.

Thank you,
Robyn

Hello,

It has been well over a year that I contacted Guilford Co. Sheriff's office in reference to a Social Security Death Index entry I found for a Florence Doolittle. The man I spoke to was abrupt with me and asked me how I got the info and I told him public records. The date is a few days off but month and year match. He never did get back to me.

You, as a family member may be able to get somewhere with this.

http://charleyproject.org/case/florence-elma-doolittle

Florence Elma Doolittle

• florence_elma_doolittle_1.jpg
  • florence_elma_doolittle_2.jpg
Doolittle, circa 1982

• Missing Since07/08/1982
  • Missing FromGreensboro, North Carolina
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth03/18/1918 (101)
  • Age64 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 125 pounds
  • Medical ConditionsDoolittle suffers from heart disease and wears an implanted pacemaker.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Doolittle has a healed fracture in her right arm. She has had surgery on her fourth and fifth lumbar vertebrae. She wears eyeglasses with plastic frames. Doolittle's maiden name is Burgoyne.
Details of Disappearance
Doolittle was last seen on July 8, 1982 in Greensboro, North Carolina. She has never been heard from again. After her disappearance, her 1978 Datsun was found abandoned in a parking lot in Charlotte, North Carolina. Few details are available in her case.
Investigating Agency
  • Guilford County Sheriff's Office 336-641-3690
Source Information

Florence, a widow who lived alone, was reported missing after failing to meet a friend at a needlepoint shop. Florence wasn't likely to take a trip without telling her relatives and her clothing and personal items were found undisturbed in her apartment.

In October of 1982, Florence's car was found parked in the Sheraton Center parking lot on McDowell Street in Charlotte. Inside the car was a birthday card ready to be given to Florence's granddaughter. The car was covered in dust and had been sitting in the parking lot for awhile. Police suspect foul play in Florence's disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back