NC NC - Forrest Stephen Treat, 29, Union County, 25 Feb 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, Feb 25, 2019.

1. mooella26

mooella26 Active Member

After reaching out to a few organizations Forrest has now been listed in the following databases nationwide; The AWARE Foundation; Missing&Homeless; Lostnmissing (and listed as missing on all military websites); and we are beyond thankful to everyone at websleuths for all you are doing and have done.

2. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

Just came across this thread. Prayers to friends and family and to all the searchers. Hopefully he will be found soon !!
    Unfortunately, this case reminds me of Tim Cunningham who just up and left also.
    Hoping for a better outcome than Tim's.
    Thanks so much to the locals that are here and updating--it is much appreciated :)

3. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

We are keeping he and his family in our prayers. May he be found soon.

4. cedgison

cedgison Well-Known Member

@mooella26 I just learned about Fins’s disappearance this evening (I’m not sure how I missed it in the news). I am local-ish (30 minutes away) and happy to help in any way I can.

5. AGT

AGT New Member

In the second surveillance video, it's significant to me the way he's overly looking around. He's walking, he's smoking...but it doesn't seem casual. Seems like he's expecting someone to be looking for him, and that he may be on an aggressive sort of self defense. I think foul play. People leave ID behind when they don't want to lead others to their family, etc.

Dre, GarAndTeed, Steph8angels and 3 others like this.
  6. Lorenak83

Lorenak83 Member

@AGT interesting logic. I am his Girlfriend. Thank you all for your input and ideas. I sat with LE on Monday and they keep at it, because they find this so odd.

7. Lorenak83

Lorenak83 Member

My only problem with that theory, why not leave me s note. Why leave always wondering

8. CaseyLPC

CaseyLPC Licensed Professional Counselor

It may be one of those things where he thought the less you knew the safer you would be.

FlamingoLady, Dre, KatzEye and 2 others like this.
  9. AGT

AGT New Member

Agreed w CaseyLPC: a matter of protection, perhaps...and he having been confident of returning. I'll be hoping for that, take care Lorenak83

Steph8angels and Lorenak83 like this.
  10. KatzEye

KatzEye Well-Known Member

@Geobuzz - I'm revisiting this thread and have taken the liberty to bounce off your SS and make a Google Map of what I think could have been Fins' walking route. It isn't perfect as G-Maps won't let me go all the way into the park. When you get a chance, take a look and see if you think this is a plausible route.

Google Maps

If it is a plausible route, a couple of questions come to mind :

1 - Could he have gotten a ride from someone at the park ? That would explain if K9s lost his scent there.

2 - Are there cameras at the park and have they been checked ?

Still thinking about your friend and hoping for a safe return.

Detectivediva and TatianaBarbie like this.
  11. Lorenak83

Lorenak83 Member

@Geobuzz blue is where cameras put him, green is the dog trail. 3 different dogs

Attached Files:

Dre, louise101 and KatzEye like this.
  12. Lorenak83

Lorenak83 Member

This is the actual report from the dog handler. Problem is video footage has him the opposite way

Attached Files:

13. KatzEye

Thank you Lorenak83 for this. If I'm looking at it correctly, he wasn't tracked into the actual park ? Very confusing that cameras show him in one direction and K9s track him in another.

Dre, AGT and Detectivediva like this.
  14. stargazer17

stargazer17 Active Member

Agree! Looks like he is walking to meet up with someone, looking off to his right. Probably got in a car and drove to the park, maybe to buy drugs, do drugs, etc. I think foul play, I do not think he took off or committed suicide. MOO

AGT likes this.
  15. Lorenak83

Lorenak83 Member

No on the drugs. He suffers back pain and wouldn't even try any of my CBD oil due to work and testing

16. KatzEye

Old article - posting to keep my memory current :

Air Force vet disappeared in Union Co. last month without a trace

[QUOTE
    Union Co. Sheriff’s Office updated the following day of the disappearance stating, “Deputies and detectives have spent many hours searching for 29-year-old Forrest Stephen Treat of Glen Hollow Drive located in the Arbor Glen subdivision in Indian Trail. Treat was reported missing yesterday afternoon. Surveillance camera footage from neighborhood homes show Treat walking on Glen Hollow Drive near Edgeview Drive at approximately 11:00 am yesterday.

After searching in and around Arbor Glen and surrounding areas using several K-9s, Treat remains missing. We continue to follow leads provided by the public. If you have information about Treat or believe you might have seen him, please call 911 or the UCSO.”

Forrest served in the U.S. Air Force and doesn’t have any sort of criminal history. Search was conducted on foot and aerial approach as well. Forrest’s family reported that this is not in Treat’s character and doesn’t make any sense.

As more time passes, the deeper the concern the family and friends have grows immensely.

The Union County Sheriff’s Office issued another release yesterday, March 5, 2019 stating the search continues by UCSO deputies and detectives for clues in the disappearance of Forrest “Fin” Treat.

][/QUOTE]

17. Lorenak83

Lorenak83 Member

Thank you

18. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Was there anything on his personal cell phone (recent searches on internet, etc) that might provide a clue?
    Thinking of Fins and hoping he is found soon.

Steph8angels and TatianaBarbie like this.
  19. Lorenak83

Lorenak83 Member

@MimosaMornings nothing. Both our phones and electronics were taken into forensics.

20. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member