GUILTY NC - Greensboro, Female UP10305, 25-35, May'12 - Paula Joy Nicks *arrest*

It's been 11 years since a woman was found dead behind a Greensboro church. Now, her family is traveling over a thousand miles for the court appearance of a man accused in her murder.
Thirty-three-year-old Paula Nicks was found dead in May 2012 behind a church on Randolph Avenue in Greensboro.

Her mother Gale Hayes recalls feeling shocked when her daughter's identity and cause of death were confirmed as a result of blunt-force trauma.

"I didn’t know what to do," Hayes said. "It hurt me so bad I thought who in the world would do such a thing."

Jack Coker Jr. pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the death of Paula Nicks. She was found dead behind a church on Randolph Avenue in Greensboro in May 2012.

In the courtroom, Coker's attorney said he acknowledges his wrongdoing and said he feels remorse for his actions. The defense argued that because of Coker's mental health issues, the crime may not have happened at all if he was receiving treatment.

Coker is expected to face another 20 years in prison in addition to his current sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back