Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible to be both a car thief and an abductor/murderer, obviously. My point of all this is that I doubt this is the first time he has stolen a car. And this particular crime of carjacking lends possible insight as to the perp’s criminal history and rap sheet.

My guess is WHEN this dirtbag is arrested he will have a very long rapsheet with more than just petty crimes on there, moo.

I have always felt this was more of a crime of opportunity. Unless the fact that this was something that Hania regularly did. I have heard mixed reports of this though recently. (I grew up in Mid-Michigan and as far as I know it was "normal" for someone to start up a car in the morning to warm it up and help clear the windows. Yet it was suggested that the family changed their story as not to look bad having Hania doing it regularly. In my opinion I think it was just a misunderstanding, since it could have gotten lost in translation)

If Hania did this regularly, and this guy walked the same route regularly than I could see how this could have been planned. That is a lot of "if's" though.

What seems more likely is Hania went out and started the car and was playing around waiting to go to school. The perpetrator then came upon the running vehicle and decided he had a free ride. He forced Hania in the car so he wouldn't have a witness and drove off.

IMO no one who steals a car checks how much fuel it has in it before taking it. They just take it and drive as far as the gas will take them, or they take a risk to stop and get more. Though IMO I think that would be unusual.

I believe this guy may have a record. One involving theft of an automobile. He may have some priors of assault, specifically on females. I would be surprised if there was anything on children. He may have assaulted them in the past, but I dont think he has been caught for it yet.

I also would be surprised if he is over 30. I would think, in my opinion, that he is closer to early twenties. (I am sorry that this may read a bit odd, but I want everyone to know that these are only my views. I don't want anyone mistaking them for facts. Nor, do I have a specific perpetrator in mind.)

I have always felt this was more of a crime of opportunity. Unless the fact that this was something that Hania regularly did. I have heard mixed reports of this though recently. (I grew up in Mid-Michigan and as far as I know it was "normal" for someone to start up a car in the morning to warm it up and help clear the windows. Yet it was suggested that the family changed their story as not to look bad having Hania doing it regularly. In my opinion I think it was just a misunderstanding, since it could have gotten lost in translation)

If Hania did this regularly, and this guy walked the same route regularly than I could see how this could have been planned. That is a lot of "if's" though.

What seems more likely is Hania went out and started the car and was playing around waiting to go to school. The perpetrator then came upon the running vehicle and decided he had a free ride. He forced Hania in the car so he wouldn't have a witness and drove off.

<snip>

But why force Hania in the car? It's not like he wasn't seen at all. Those reports have his face covered, right? So why not just push Hania aside and take the car? It doesn't seem very likely that she could have identified him in this scenario.

And a free ride to where? The car was found just a few days later, not too far away. It doesn't appear that it was taken to resell or strip for parts or anything. It was just abandoned. It seems like extreme measures just to not have to walk across town.

Per Google, it's 1.5 miles.

Google Maps

That being said... the crime rate throughout the entire area is through the roof.
According to NeighborhoodScout.com,

With a crime rate of 158 per one thousand residents, Lumberton has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 6. Within North Carolina, more than 100% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Lumberton.

For Lumberton, we found that the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, across communities of all sizes (both large and small). Violent offenses tracked included rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon. According to NeighborhoodScout's analysis of FBI reported crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of one of these crimes in Lumberton is one in 54. Significantly, based on the number of murders reported by the FBI and the number of residents living in the city, NeighborhoodScout's analysis shows that Lumberton experiences one of the higher murder rates in the nation when compared with cities and towns for all sizes of population, from the largest to the smallest.

JMO
WOW. That does sound like a very high crime rate.

This means that 1.58 homes out of every 10 homes are affected by crime based on this crime rate = crime rate of 158 per one thousand residents.

The even more amazingly sad statistic is "One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 6."

That is insane and I feel bad for people having to live in that area. Im sure other places in US can approach that level but it sure sounds really bad to me. So sad.

But why force Hania in the car? It's not like he wasn't seen at all. Those reports have his face covered, right? So why not just push Hania aside and take the car? It doesn't seem very likely that she could have identified him in this scenario.

And a free ride to where? The car was found just a few days later,

And a free ride to where? The car was found just a few days later, not too far away. It doesn't appear that it was taken to resell or strip for parts or anything. It was just abandoned. It seems like extreme measures just to not have to walk across town.

If I had all the answers than the case would be solved. All I can do is bounce off my idea's and opinions with others, just like everyone else here is doing. Maybe in hopes it might spark other thoughts or ideas.

I did mention that this person may have assaulted a child in the past. Though it is only my opinion. I also stated that I would be surprised if he was ever caught or charged for it. Again my opinion... That would be one of the reasons that he took Hania. Though I also mentioned he could have taken her to prevent identification. Yes he was said to have a bandana around his face, but if she knew him from the neighborhood I dont think seeing him up close it would have precluded her from identifying him.

As far as taking the car... There are many factors why people steal cars. The age of the perpetrator can also play a role in the decision making of hows and whys. Maybe he just wanted Hania and the car was a bonus. Maybe it was the other way around. It doesn't surprise me at all though that the vehicle was dumped so quickly. It was a huge way to get caught. He used it for what he needed and got rid of it.

It is more common for a car to be taken and dumped than it ending up in a chop shop. I am surprised that it wasn't found in flames. Again making me feel this perpetrator wasn't very sophisticated or experienced.

Anyway... As I have stated numerous times. These are only my opinions.

Perhaps the different accounts of what occurred are due to different people reporting and repeating and not to mention the fake news that gets spread. I'm confident the Lumberton Police Chief and FBI have the true account of the events as related by the witnesses. Anything else is speculation. I doubt seriously Reporting Crime Boxes will lead to any evidence. When Quantico gets through with the vehicle, LE will know more. IMO, the next break will occur when someone close to suspect shares something in an attempt to earn the reward money.

This is chilling. Nor would I doubt this.

——

“It has nearly 15,000 signatures.

The petition started on Change.org is directed to the Guatemalan embassy, Lumberton Police Department, Department of Homeland Security, President Donald Trump, N.C. Governor Roy Cooper and Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales.”

Hania Aguilar’s dad can’t come to US for her funeral. A petition seeks to change that.

(Sorry if repost)

Thanks for posting that. I just signed it.

Lumberton Police Department | 12/05/2018 3:21pm (EST)

Today, marks exactly one month since Hania Aguilar was kidnapped from outside her home in Lumberton. Since then the Lumberton PD, FBI, and many other law enforcement partners have engaged in a great amount of investigative work to uncover and collect evidence to identify the person responsible so they can be held accountable by our judicial system. We continue to encourage the public to support our efforts by providing information to our tip line at 910-272-5871.

The NC Medical Examiner's Office is continuing the work to fully confirm Hania's identity with dental records, conduct an autopsy and toxicology testing.

The NC State Crime Lab will process any evidence discovered on the body or at the scene off Wire Grass Road where the body was found by investigators who were following up on leads generated through the investigation.

There is no definitive timeline on when the testing will be completed.

Thank you for your continued assistance.

Not sure what you want linked?

Previous posters never stated that socks were found in the vehicle.
that was my point, I never saw that they found her socks in the car. Her post say they found them.

From looking at the still photos of the person walking, it looks like he has dreads. Which to me, would indicate he is African American. I could be wrong, I usually am, but I tend to notice details about people. It's hard to tell because the stills are not crystal clear, but that is just my opinion.

Time Out Properties has donated a double wide mobile home to the mother and family of 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar, who was found dead last week in Lumberton after being kidnapped back on Nov. 5.
“At first, it was just total disbelief. They were so excited. The girls, they immediately started saying, 'This is our home.' They ran throughout all the rooms, picking out their rooms. Mom and dad, they cried. They were happy. They were so thankful,” said Public Schools of Robeson County Superintendent Dr. Shanita Wooten.

Florida company donates new home to Hania's family
What a nice gesture! It won't brng Hania back but maybe having a new home will bring the family some happiness.

From looking at the still photos of the person walking, it looks like he has dreads. Which to me, would indicate he is African American. I could be wrong, I usually am, but I tend to notice details about people. It's hard to tell because the stills are not crystal clear, but that is just my opinion.
I can't make out the head in those photos, let alone dreads.

Time Out Properties has donated a double wide mobile home to the mother and family of 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar, who was found dead last week in Lumberton after being kidnapped back on Nov. 5.
“At first, it was just total disbelief. They were so excited. The girls, they immediately started saying, 'This is our home.' They ran throughout all the rooms, picking out their rooms. Mom and dad, they cried. They were happy. They were so thankful,” said Public Schools of Robeson County Superintendent Dr. Shanita Wooten.

What a nice gesture! It won't brng Hania back but maybe having a new home will bring the family some happiness.
An early Christmas present for Hania's family! How unbelievably thoughtful and kind. It may also help in the grieving process to start a "new" life w/out Hania in a new home. Not that the family will ever forget Hania, but sometimes staying in the same residence can be difficult when suddenly a family member is gone. May Hania's family be showered with more gifts in the coming weeks. I only wish their new home could somehow be away from that trailer park and in a safer place.

Oh, that's fantastic. That's so generous of them.

This is chilling. Nor would I doubt this.

——

“It has nearly 15,000 signatures.

The petition started on Change.org is directed to the Guatemalan embassy, Lumberton Police Department, Department of Homeland Security, President Donald Trump, N.C. Governor Roy Cooper and Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales.”

Hania Aguilar’s dad can’t come to US for her funeral. A petition seeks to change that.

(Sorry if repost)

I just signed it.., only need less then 300 more!!

S 17‏Verified account @WNCN
Family of woman found dead in Lumberton last year still holding out hope
KiArc5Nu

8:05 PM - 5 Dec 2018
Family of woman found dead in Lumberton last year still holding out hope

I think that there would be thousands of tips called in with that $30,000 reward so it will take a long time to investigate the large amount of tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member