Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
That's exactly what I have been thinking -- he dumped the car soon enuff. He met someone or had a car in or near that car-dump site. He had to know to get rid of the car anyway. He wanted Hania, and he got rid of what he didn't want. Why would he take the risk of kidnapping, etc., if he wanted the car? Just peel out of there as fast as possible -- I don't think she was in the car when he got there to take it.
I do wonder how long she had been alive with him. One day, two weeks? We should get some info on that -- later, rather than sooner, IMO.

Initially I felt like this was a car theft gone bad and Hania was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But you have convinced me otherwise. It makes sense that since the car was discarded so quickly that couldn't have been what they really were after.

Hania Noelia Aguilar a 13-year-old kidnapped from a Lumberton NC, mobile home park Nov. 5, 2018, body was found Nov. 27, 2018 by FBI&Lumberton Police Department Searchers several miles from where she was abducted. Police are still searching for evidence in the ongoing Aguilar murder-kidnapping investigation.

<Mod addition>
Thread #1
Thread #2

Media Thread
The link for Thread #3 is missing from your post. I think?

I don't think that there is any deep meaning to placing Hania in the water. It's most likely where the perp thought he had the best place to hide her body where it would never be found.

I agree. The police confirmed she was not found in a pond or significant body of water. The location of the police lighting setup on the night her body was found was in the woods, not near the pond that is seen in the satellite images. So there is probably po0ling water or vernal (seasonal) ponds in the woods from the heavy rains this year. Probably more like a large puddle. I doubt the perp has any insight in body decomposition, but just figured the small body of water would be better hidden.

One more point, the police specifically asked for video footage from the morning she was abducted until only noon of that day (this was after the SUV was found). What this tells me is that they believe/know the SUV was dumped the same morning as the abduction. This may be due to the condition of the trampled vegetation that the SUV drove over in pulling into the lot on Quincey Drive- has the grass/brush sprung back up? Not sure how accurate this could be. There is probably some other reason they haven't revealed as well.

I agree. The police confirmed she was not found in a pond or significant body of water. The location of the police lighting setup on the night her body was found was in the woods, not near the pond that is seen in the satellite images. So there is probably po0ling water or vernal (seasonal) ponds in the woods from the heavy rains this year. Probably more like a large puddle. I doubt the perp has any insight in body decomposition, but just figured the small body of water would be better hidden.

One more point, the police specifically asked for video footage from the morning she was abducted until only noon of that day (this was after the SUV was found). What this tells me is that they believe/know the SUV was dumped the same morning as the abduction. This may be due to the condition of the trampled vegetation that the SUV drove over in pulling into the lot on Quincey Drive- has the grass/brush sprung back up? Not sure how accurate this could be. There is probably some other reason they haven't revealed as well.
Hi Night Watchman. The presser says body of water though????

FBI, police: Body found is Hania :: WRAL.com

Hi Night Watchman. The presser says body of water though????

“The area where the body was found is not visible from the road, de la Rocha said. Asked if the body was buried under debris, he said: "it was not something that was obvious."

He described the area as a body of water but not formally a pond.“

The attached image shows where I think the light tower was placed by the body the night she was found. I got this location from one of the helicopter videos. They are saying the body was not found in the surrounding pond, but in water under the trees.

Last edited:
NBC News (@NBCNews) | Twitter
NBC News on Twitter | 7:35 PM (EST) - 29 Nov 2018

Students at Lumberton Junior High School will wear purple on Friday in remembrance of Hania Aguilar, whose body is believed to have been found, more than three weeks after she was abducted outside her home.

(NBC News added,)
School mourns death of abducted North Carolina girl, as search for killer continues

telemundoCLT (@TelemundoCLT) | Twitter
telemundoCLT on Twitter | 6:02 PM (EST) - 29 Nov 2018

El padre biológico de Hania Aguilar estaba a punto de cruzar la frontera. Desde el autobús en que viaja de regreso a Guatemala nos cuenta de su dolor y lo mucho que quisiera estar junto a Hania en el último adiós. Aquí la entrevista ➡️ http://bit.ly/2Q17C8h

(Translated from Spanish by Microsoft)

The biological father of Hania Aguilar was about to cross the border. From the bus that travels back to Guatemala tells us about his pain and how much he would like to be next to Hania in the last farewell. Here the interview ➡️ bit.ly/2Q17C8h

(*video at FB link, in Spanish)

ABC News (@ABC) | Twitter
ABC News on Twitter | 1:41 AM - 30 Nov 2018

"We have to find out how she died and who did this to her." FBI pleads for help after 13-year-old Hania Aguilar's body is found. https://abcn.ws/2Rq2xmO

View attachment 157818
Will Hanias’ Dad be able to cross the border? I’m sorry I don’t speak Spanish.

Give me five minutes with whoever did this.

Here is the image...
Ok yes I saw the helicopter footage and where the lighting system was placed but I guess I was just thinking during the daylight hours where we could see them looking around was to possibly find more evidence like clothing etc. I just keep picturing her being in the water at the edge of the woods. Did LE draw that yellow circle or was that done by a Websleuther?

Ok yes I saw the helicopter footage and where the lighting system was placed but I guess I was just thinking during the daylight hours where we could see them looking around was to possibly find more evidence like clothing etc. I just keep picturing her being in the water at the edge of the woods. Did LE draw that yellow circle or was that done by a Websleuther?

I drew that where I saw the light tower in the video.

It's the opposite.
"The environment in which a dead body is placed also affects its rate of decay. For instance, bodies in water decompose twice as fast as those left unburied on land. Decomposition is slowest underground -- especially in clay or other solid substances that prevent air from reaching the body since most bacteria require oxygen to survive."
How Body Farms Work
Actually everything I read says the opposite. Bodies break down faster when exposed to air. But, I had to quit reading because most articles had pictures. I was looking for info on whether the odors would be there if the body was in water and I honestly could not find a definitive answer. And I really don't want to research it further. That is too much detail for me. Hopefully autopsy can determine time of death or placement. I hope the person is caught and put away quickly.

<mod fix broken quote>

FBI still looking footage without a specific time frame. Only one couple interviewed after Hania was found stated the 6 to 12 time frame, to my knowledge.
one article states surveillance images helped them find the abandoned vehicle.
IMO, they have what they need to prove the crime and working with DAs to build airtight case when they determine WHO and arrest made.

Last edited by a moderator:
But wouldn't being in water slow the smell from escaping? That's what I'm sorta thinking. Plus there was some (unconfirmed) info that she was in an old well, which might further slow the smell from reaching the neighbors.

Speculating, not fact.

jmo

No. I don’t believe she was submerged based on the detective’s quote. Yes, it said the location wasn’t obvious, but I take that to mean 1) she was in a wet area like an ephemeral depression and 2) there was debris on top of her. IMO.

You can smell decomp from water. Personal experience with wildlife.

"I’m not going to use the term pond. It’s a body of water. I don’t think it’s only rainwater. I would be misleading if I said it was just rainwater, it was a body of water but not formally a pond."

Body found in Robeson County believed to be Hania Noelia Aguilar

FBI still looking footage without a specific time frame. Only one couple interviewed after Hania was found stated the 6 to 12 time frame, to my knowledge.

Thank you for that important clarification. Need to be careful on stating "facts" that may be less than facts.

My thoughts/theories at the moment, everything is moo and brainstorming;

1. Hania’s abductor and killer is one who has a strong criminal history of both theft related and violent crimes, and saw an opportunity for a sexual assault victim. Because he was in foot (not sure why he was in the area, again imo he knows someone there or was in the area for drugs), his natural instincts/ consciousness of carjacking were quickly utilized/implemented, which to me indicates a possible history of carjacking, which again imo further indicates possibly someone who has been affiliated with a gang in the past or present—-additionally the bandana as opposed to mask further possibly indicates this, imo), yet possibly operating independent of the gang, moo. There is also the chance there is no gang history or affiliation and this is just a criminal who has carjacked before but never been in a gang (less likely imo); note the area is riddled with gangs.

He drove Hania to a secluded location and sexually assaulted and killed her (possibly at or near where her body was found).

Or he pulled off somewhere (at or near the body disposal location), sexually assaulted and killed her in the vehicle or dragged her out of the vehicle.

(Did cadaver dogs hit on the vehicle?)

After sexually assaulting and murdering her and dumping her body at the recovery location on Wire Grass Road, he drove to the vehicle dump location and left the car there.

Then he either walked away from the scene, or called somebody to pick him up.

End.

This seems to be the most obvious and “random classic abductor” theory.

2. A second variance would be she was abducted, maybe held alive for a while more than a few hours, assaulted, killed, maybe body held for a while, then disposed of. This is possible but not as likely IMO as the above scenario but again who really knows. A non random abduction might lend itself more to a theory like this as opposed to number one.

3. Nonrandom abduction—-how likely is this considering he would have to known Hania would be there at that exact moment. Again, not impossible unless maybe someone knew she was going to start the car that morning, which as it seems at this moment per msm not to be the case, is this correct? (I know we’ve been over and over this, and the pastor said she didn’t normally start the car iirc.)

Again can we please confirm for sure again that the abduction site was the aunt’s house, not her own, and also can we please confirm who made the 911 call.

Thank you and sorry for being hazy on details, I can go back and confirm via msm when I get a chance.

—-

There is a lot of information out there re: specific gangs in the area.

Last edited:
Is there some reason that Hania's thread title changed when her body was found?

They normally just change to Found Deceased but leave the date, location, age... just curious as not having the date and location in the title is kind of throwing me off.

But wasn't she in water? That would slow down decomp I think.

Good point. Per the article Differential Decomposition in Terrestrial, Freshwater, and Saltwater ( Differential Decomposition in Terrestrial, Freshwater, and Saltwater Environments: A Pilot Study )
"Most forensic anthropologists simply rely on generalizations, such as a body decomposing one week on the surface of the ground is equivalent to a body two weeks in the water (after Mann et al. 1990)."

Also, I would think the water may mask the smell as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy